Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   High Level Accuracy Method With Little To NO Draw-down (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=877939)

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 7:56am | Post# 41

{quote} I guess it is because he means the body of the candle, the open / close and not the high / low.
@LDFX Hi

Thanks for helping.

Almost, he's referring to the engulfing bar in this instance, not where we add the horizontal trend line where we sell/buy from, or the Breach Level which is added on the highest wick out of the 3 forming bars...

ATB

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:03am | Post# 42

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go {image} {image}
@skyway Hi again

OK, we need to be just a little bit more precise here.

You see the GBPUSD 15 Min where you have entered your Blue line?

You have this on the Engulfing bar.. No no my friend, we add it IN-BETWEEN the two Bull Bars next to it on the left - that's our entry.

You need to get another line out and place that on the wick of the bear bar.. that's our Breach Line... and from there we add our SL by 10-25 pips

As to the structural low, the bottom right corner where the yellow up arrow is, yes that's correct for our TP

May I suggest to MIMIC exactly how I illustrate my images, it will become less confusing over time

Kindly do the same for the other pair in this post of yours too. Thanks.

I trust this helps?

ATB

P.S
We are now the most active viewed thread in this part of the forum...

Click to Enlarge

Name: amazing.PNG
Size: 13 KB

LDFX Feb 3, 2019 8:05am | Post# 43

{quote} @skyway Hi again OK, we need to be just a little bit more precise here. You see the GBPUSD 15 Min where you have entered your Blue line? You have this on the Engulfing bar.. No no my friend, we add it IN-BETWEEN the two Bull Bars next to it on the left - that's our entry. You need to get another line out and place that on the wick of the bear bar.. that's our Breach Line... and from there we add our SL by 10-25 pips As to the structural low, the bottom right corner where the yellow up arrow is, yes that's correct for our TP...
Why not trading directly the engulfing instead of a pull back with a stop 10-25 pips wider ?

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:11am | Post# 44

Thank you for sharing. Are you consider this as a valid setup? {image}
@dornachum203, Hi

Thanks for your submission,

I personally would not, no.. this level has already been triggered...

Kindly take note to the left a little bit where all the upper wicks are... have a guess what that is telling is? Notice how the red pin came back to collect, then a re-attempt where your aqua arrow is, then TP is hit? We've now visited this level twice now. And there is very slim to no chance it will be respected again, but I would not chance it even if it did. I'd simply would look on different pairs and find a better setup for a sick entry.

Any how, those upper wicks... It's a highly responsive level, it's where all the liquidity is - i.e, ALL the sellers! That's why it dropped where you have your current setup.

However in hindsight - these two setups are the same, but the first one is far more powerful then the most recent. Both have the same sell zone entry and the same TP exit

As the saying goes "Once bitten, twice shy" ~ I prefer to only take setups that are FRESH!

I hope this helps?

ATB

okshop Feb 3, 2019 8:15am | Post# 45

1 Attachment(s)
NZDJPY H1, is this and example of miss the train. (price dont retrace to order after having a set up ? tq {image}
GBPJPY M30 is this valid for market open ?
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM30.png
Size: 31 KB

pipcruiser Feb 3, 2019 8:15am | Post# 46

1 Attachment(s)
Hi again

is this a valid set-up? EURCAD 5 M 1. feb.

Or does it lack of upper wicks on the left side from a previous level?

Thanks!

PC
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURCAD 5 Min.png
Size: 17 KB

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:20am | Post# 47

{quote} Hello dude, are you using bid on your chart ? I am asking because if you do not use average, especially on the 1m TF when the spread widen you can get an engulfing only because of the spread while the real price would not show you that, that is the problem with very low time frame using bid or ask and candlestick pattern instead of average. However I am curious of how much you risk per trade to make 100%/week ?
Hey there,

That's a very good question. I'm glad you brought that up. I have ZERO spread on my EURUSD so the bid/ask doesn't matter

But yes, you are quite right more so for pending orders. So this would need to be allotted / accounted for when creating pending orders.

To add, I don't generally do pending orders - I'm more of a get in dirty do it myself and enter manually kind of guy

I prefer to watch them rather than monitoring 25+ pairs with pending orders. I'll switch to another pair if I feel the will be a while before the pair moves to the zones I'm looking out for... If it's moving fairly fast, then I will just scalp the heck out of the pair in question until it dies off and repeat and spin on another pair.

One could adopt an alert indicator/EA where the script would ping you to let you know the price has been reached so you can re-evaluate if the need arises.

I risk around 6-8% per trade of my free available equity - however do NOT recommend anyone to do that - I've been doing this for a while now and I could go in deeper. But that's my comfy zone.

ATB

YoungET Feb 3, 2019 8:21am | Post# 48

{quote} Let's see if we can fine tune your ability to locate these from back testing some charts on all sorts of TF's before the markets open so you're all fresh and ready to kick some serious pips out of the Brokers Pockets ATB
I kid you not, I have just spent the last 90 minutes scowering through the EURAUD 30/1hour. The number of setups that hit stop loss at key price levels are less than 2% I'll have to test the formation out for myself in the live market, but it 100% looks like an interesting weapon to add to the trading arsenal. Thank you for creating such a thread!

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:22am | Post# 49

{quote} Why not trading directly the engulfing instead of a pull back with a stop 10-25 pips wider ?
Because that's not how we do it.

Banks and Market makers will not buy into a rising market.. they will go the other way.

ATB

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:24am | Post# 50

{quote} I kid you not, I have just spent the last 90 minutes scowering through the EURAUD 30/1hour. The number of setups that hit stop loss at key price levels are less than 2% I'll have to test the formation out for myself in the live market, but it 100% looks like an interesting weapon to add to the trading arsenal. Thank you for creating such a thread!
@YoungET

Hello there

Thanks for your post

Can you kindly illustrate these set ups... SL's are rarely hit, if at all if these levels are correctly identified.

Thanks

ATB

LDFX Feb 3, 2019 8:25am | Post# 51

{quote} Because that's not how we do it. Banks and Market makers will not buy into a rising market.. they will go the other way. ATB
You will on a pullback, except the stop loss will be way bigger, also the price might never retrace to the entry level or worse go through the stop loss, what is you logic behind it ?

YoungET Feb 3, 2019 8:28am | Post# 52

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} @YoungET Hello there Thanks for your post Can you kindly illustrate these set ups... SL's are rarely hit, if at all if these levels are correctly identified. Thanks ATB
Here's a picture perfect one I saw straight away.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 28 KB

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:29am | Post# 53

NZDJPY H1, is this and example of miss the train. (price dont retrace to order after having a set up ? tq {image}
Hi

Thanks for another screenshot..

No, that's a valid setup... at least from what I can see, but you keep cutting your images short of their true chart size.

P.S
Please don't cut your images short.. use the ENTIRE chart please from top left corner to bottom right corner then use the windows snipping tool!

Thanks

ATB

LDFX Feb 3, 2019 8:31am | Post# 54

{quote} Because that's not how we do it. Banks and Market makers will not buy into a rising market.. they will go the other way. ATB

I do not mean to troll but basically you trade engulfing pattern at support / resistance, what did I not understand ?

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:31am | Post# 55

interesting... Only candlestick and lines. This will suit me a lot. please more image, thanks.
Will do, but please, let's see more of yours... seeing is doing, more doing allows me to see what you;re seeing so I can help you more

Thanks

ATB

P.S
Guys, once you get this down pat, I can see collectively out of the 102+ viewers we currently have, we're going to make over 10,000 pips easy! (Demo and Live combined - but guys, please promise me you will do this on a demo account until you have quadrupled your account with a 90% success rate )

P.P.S
https://www.forexfactory.com/fxcyborg go to my profile and hit the subscribe button if you haven't done so already, you'll get alerted when new live setups are created so you can see this stuff happening in real time

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:37am | Post# 56

{quote} I do not mean to troll but basically you trade engulfing pattern at support / resistance, what did I not understand ?
Hi

No, I'm trading liquidity areas where the sellers and buyers are.. these are hidden / advanced supply and demand areas.

The way you are thinking of has a higher DD level... mine are laser focused.. more refined because I know how to read the price better than the average approach we've been accustomed to when it comes to Engulfing patterns.

An engulfing pattern is a TWO bar setup.. ours are 3 bar setups... WHY?

Because the 2 bull or bear bars we see before the engulfing is the clue where s*t hits the fan before she tanks/ or goes up. (depending on the setup) - kindly take a look at a 2 bar Engulfing setup... you will notice many of them are short lived, and or takes a while before we see our move...

My setups are far more responsive, there is an immediate response!

ATB

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:40am | Post# 57

{quote} You will on a pullback, except the stop loss will be way bigger, also the price might never retrace to the entry level or worse go through the stop loss, what is you logic behind it ?
I'm sorry, I disagree. Trust me on this one! I'm not here to trade BIG DD's (I'm not referring to Double D bra sizes either lol) - I'm here to get the biggest return out of the market for the lowest risk! Plain and simple bro

Practice this first please mate, you will see how accurate this stuff is

ATB

LDFX Feb 3, 2019 8:41am | Post# 58

{quote} Hi No, I'm trading liquidity areas where the sellers and buyers are.. these are hidden / advanced supply and demand areas. The way you are thinking of has a higher DD level... mine are laser focused.. more refined because I know how to read the price better than the average approach we've been accustomed to when it comes to Engulfing patterns. An engulfing pattern is a TWO bar setup.. ours are 3 bar setups... WHY? Because the 2 bull or bear bars we see before the engulfing is the clue where s*t hits the fan before she tanks/...

Support / resistance is where buyers and sellers are, what do you mean by hidden ?

So a 3 bar set up instead of 2, is that it ?

Again I do not mean to troll, is just I do not understand what is special, only maybe the 3 bar instead of 2.

FXCyborg Feb 3, 2019 8:43am | Post# 59

Hi again is this a valid set-up? EURCAD 5 M 1. feb. Or does it lack of upper wicks on the left side from a previous level? Thanks! PC {image}
That's it mate , the first peak there, is the setup. Then a revisit and it does NOT hang around, it just tanks and that move was almost enough to pay off ones mortgage lol j/k - trade sensibly (On a demo first please Ladies and Gents).

Well done, let's see more.

ATB

LDFX Feb 3, 2019 8:45am | Post# 60

{quote} I'm sorry, I disagree. Trust me on this one! I'm not here to trade BIG DD's (I'm not referring to Double D bra sizes either lol) - I'm here to get the biggest return out of the market for the lowest risk! Plain and simple bro Practice this first please mate, you will see how accurate this stuff is ATB

If I say that is because I have practiced entries a lot with candlestick pattern, with a pullback you take the risk to enter on a reversal for a loss or the price might never look back making you miss the profitable trade, if you trade the pattern directly you avoid that, and your set up with a stop loss higher make it even worse in term of RR.

© Forex Factory