Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/17-recycle-bin)
-   -   High Level Accuracy Method With Little To NO Draw-down (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/877939-high-level-accuracy-method-with-little-to-no)

Mitiblotch Feb 28, 2019 6:10am | Post# 3001

{quote} OK, first, trend was up. 2nd, your spreads are probably higher than mine which is why I see 3rd bar engulfing them all 3rd, 30M there is no setup. 4th, 15M, there is no setup. 5th 5M there is a setup, but TP is hit (its the only counter trend setup found) 6th, 1M same as #5 So what does that tell us? No setup on a lower time frame directly under it is a good indication of a short lived setup, almost like a false positive. 7th, your accumulation zones, how many where there prior? remember the Elliot Wave Theory image I drew in? Those green...
Thank you so much for the explanation. I really do appreciate it.

Yes, you have always screamed "setup within a setup". I'll pay attention to that next time. And you were right about the short-lived nature of that trade. I took it and booked few pips away from TP 1.

calebfx Feb 28, 2019 6:12am | Post# 3002

{quote} Hi Calbefx, if you look closer, you ll find another setup later: {image} And here you even find a setup within a setup in the time frame M5: {image} Now letīs hope the price to come back... I think this one is a good example (for newbies)!
Yea good man I saw the accumulation. Let's see how it all plays out. Thanks

Edit: I never go below the 30 mins chart, matter of fact I do not trade using time charts, too much noise on there.

calebfx Feb 28, 2019 6:14am | Post# 3003

{quote} he said that we need accumulation only on m1 and m5 setups. yours is a h1 setup, so you dont need accumulation.
Oh really? Would you be kind enough to direct me to that post? Cheers

FXCyborg Feb 28, 2019 6:19am | Post# 3004

{quote} Edit: I never go below the 30 mins chart, matter of fact I do not trade using time charts, too much noise on there.
oh, this thread is for low drawdowns....

Maybe...Then you need to go on this thread if drawdowns is not too much of a problem?

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=888931

steven21 Feb 28, 2019 6:48am | Post# 3005

{quote} Oh really? Would you be kind enough to direct me to that post? Cheers
Easy to find using search:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post11977454

steven21 Feb 28, 2019 6:52am | Post# 3006

Hey Mate cheers for the time taken to teach this on here. Okay so this trade looks like a juicy steak but unfortunately no accumulation of price can be seen on that level. So should we avoid the trade? {image}
Imo, the 2 rectangular areas of sideway bars to the left and top-left of the setup are acc.

acetrader Feb 28, 2019 7:03am | Post# 3007

{quote} A really, really good post, CrocodileRex. It covers so many aspects covering a whole gamut of issues. The thread-starter has offered up a method. That's all. He has made the mistake of allowing many, many posts covering pretty much every FX pair. I don't think it's fair on him to comment on such a wide range of pairs, and time-frames. And each trader brings with them their own biases and insights. It's probably the case that the non-ideal set-ups appear non-ideal only to the untrained eye. With years of experience, what is clear to FXCyborg...

Not a ramble at all. Very spot on.

gulaksarker Feb 28, 2019 7:37am | Post# 3008

2 Attachment(s)
USDCAD M15 sell setup.Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_6.jpg
Size: 111 KB

Trend seems down
Though its about to changeClick to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_7.jpg
Size: 142 KB

JeBrak Feb 28, 2019 8:46am | Post# 3009

1 Attachment(s)
EUR/NZD 5M. Explanation on chart
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURNZDiM5.png
Size: 67 KB

pamc Feb 28, 2019 8:46am | Post# 3010

{quote} First i said " of near" equal sizes. But I also said PREFERABLY equal And this is a counter trend setup in the image, lots of confluences there to warrant a Sell. Before any of you should attempt those, concentrate on the EW image I drew, it'll give people an idea where to get your buy and sell setup ideas from. Listen, Ladies & Gents, its like waiting for a bus, find the area where there are lots of people hanging around that area, is the trend going up? if so, then you could be looking at an accumulation zone where people are waiting...

cul de sac
just in case you need to use it again.

pamc Feb 28, 2019 8:54am | Post# 3011

{quote} Yes of course! Gbpusd is bullish in h4 and daily too. and the pattern made in H1 tf.{image}

Metac you dont have a bullish engulfing the bearish 2 anywhere there. You would dowell togoback to the start and see the original posted images in first few pages and READ FXC's posts again. You will get it.

Mitiblotch Feb 28, 2019 9:12am | Post# 3012

1 Attachment(s)
FXC, I'm wondering if you'd take this trade. This setup wasn't tested since price left the area. And in one single 30 mins candle price is approaching the area.
Click to Enlarge

Name: PSX_20190228_152120.jpg
Size: 82 KB

menek Feb 28, 2019 9:26am | Post# 3013

FXC, thank you for been around to answer questions. My understanding of this strategy is, 1. Identify the trend first, (for me on 1hr tf) then wait for the market to retrace 28-50% or 61.8% 2. Look for the 3 bar formation. 3. Drop to lower time frame preferably the 5m tf, look for the 3bar formation also and place your entry. This will give u low DD

Sf85 Feb 28, 2019 9:41am | Post# 3014

FXC, thank you for been around to answer questions. My understanding of this strategy is, 1. Identify the trend first, (for me on 1hr tf) then wait for the market to retrace 28-50% or 61.8% 2. Look for the 3 bar formation. 3. Drop to lower time frame preferably the 5m tf, look for the 3bar formation also and place your entry. This will give u low DD
Looks good to me, but then again that's just me. I look for that all the time where an extreme hasn't been retested and take the trade. Usually works out for me. I call that formation the upside down mountian lol. Or likely properly called a bearish elliot wave or something. Correct me if I'm wrong please, still fairly new to this lol. Thanks!

mubzaveri Feb 28, 2019 11:31am | Post# 3015

1 Attachment(s)
Hello sir
Please check attached image is my analysis correct or I am missing something...
Target at top red horizontal line
Stop below few pip of the setup low....
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190228-220023.png
Size: 168 KB

pamc Feb 28, 2019 1:32pm | Post# 3016

Hello sir Please check attached image is my analysis correct or I am missing something... Target at top red horizontal line Stop below few pip of the setup low.... {image}
as FXC has said many times, he wont respond to images that are not in the style that he has posted.i.e. full width and zoomed out images that show the whole previous and current structure. Properly labeled in the manner that he does.
Having said that, a zoomed in image may not show previous accumulation, the actual trend on that time frame. I assume you took the call trade off the upward trend line. So much info missing. should'nt need to guess. Make it clear as requested so many times by FXC.

vvm Feb 28, 2019 3:08pm | Post# 3017

1 Attachment(s)
Help me Mates,

I cannot find BuySetUp on this Chart from FXC.
Post 361, 05.02.19

s. Chart

atb/vvm
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.png
Size: 505 KB

cablito Feb 28, 2019 3:28pm | Post# 3018

1 Attachment(s)
Help me Mates, I cannot find BuySetUp on this Chart from FXC. Post 361, 05.02.19 s. Chart atb/vvm {image}
the set up within the setupClick to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSDM5.png
Size: 22 KB

vivaldi2 Feb 28, 2019 3:50pm | Post# 3019

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} the set up within the setup{image}
And why this one failed ?
Name:  AUDUSDM5.png
Views: 1140
Size:  108 KB

typhoon_gr9 Feb 28, 2019 3:54pm | Post# 3020

{quote} And why this one failed ? {image}
I guess both are wrong setups, the price didn't move away and retest.

© Forex Factory