Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Up on my soapbox .... mouteki method (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=8748)

Akuma99 Oct 6, 2006 1:49am | Post# 1

Up on my soapbox .... mouteki method

Now anyone who knows me knows I am not one to stir the pot, especially in a friendly place like the factory, but this is an example that I can't let slip by. It seems the work moutekitrader with his mouteki trading methods has caught on like wildfire at the moment, every second post I see is about that method, so kudos to you moutekitrader, it seems you have hit a cord with the trading community here. I do not trade your system, but if it is profitable for you, then more power to you, none of the below is directed at you.

So often I read, and get asked, about why one trader seems to make money trading a particular method, yet others don't find the same results. In fact they can go as far as accusing a particular trader to be lying about their results, or they get upset thinking that the trader is holding something back from them (oh if I had a dollar). Sometimes this might be the case, but more often than not, it is not the system that is at fault, the creator of the system holding something back or anything of that sort, it is the person asking the question not trusting the system, themselves or the signals.

Look at the mouteki methods, it seems a simple method that has some merit if that is your kind of thing, moutekitrader has even written a nice little explanation document, nothing could be (or should be) simpler. Here is my method, here is a document about how to trade, it, now off you go young fella and earn your fortune (of course it is not quite that easy). Now go and look at the mouteki forum, and what do we see? post after post after post of adding this, taking this away, modifying this, why doesn't it work if I add this to that and then overlay it on this? .... amazing. The amount of modifications people are attempting amazes me, the system hasn't even been public for a month, hardly a considerable testing time.

Now I am all for making modifications to a system to suit yourself, most people do, it is only the real dedicated and talented who come up with original concepts, but there is modification to strengthen a weakness in a system, and then there is modification for the sake of modification. How can you modify a system you haven't traded (demo or live) for longer than 5 minutes. To know what needs fixing, or enhancing, you need to know what is broken. Trading a system for 2 trades, then adding stochastics here and rsi there in my humble opinion is not strengthening a weakness of a system, it is just adding lines to a chart to make it look pretty.

So if anyone asks me again why doesn't every trader trading the "same system", I am going to point them to the mouteki forum, I am sorry if this seems arrogant or presumtious, it's Friday, perhaps I am in brain meltdown after a long week. I don't know moutekitrader from a bar of soap (actually chances are I would pick the difference), but nothing like a bit of venting before the weekend.

Happy trading! ... (and be careful of NFP tonight).

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 2:05am | Post# 2

Actually, all Mouteki is doing is simple Econ 101. It's supply and demand, get it? Start complicating things by adding indicators, studies, etc., and it doesn't work so well, does it? Just use it and leave it alone, and have discipline, which is rare in 4x because it's filled with gamblers, and you might get some pips. Why do people have to screw with a good thing?

turbokaos Oct 6, 2006 2:12am | Post# 3

hmmm sounds as if you had a bad week trading. I do agree w/ you but a few of us are trading real money and with in my every day sucesfull trading i choose to apply somthing to a system that looks intresting I think I will do so... At the end if one trader is not sucesfull its no body fault but them selfs and if they want to sit arround and demo trade all day and invent indactors even thow they probally have no market background what so ever more power to em... nobody knows what going to work for them. I took some from my everyday trade and aplied how i saw fit put real money on it... and shared it w/ the public and mearly said this is somthing you might want to look at...

Sorry Dad wont happen agin... emm I wonder where Mouteki got his idea from do you think it is 100% OG?

thanx...

turbo

information is knowledge

wallym Oct 6, 2006 2:14am | Post# 4

I guess the bottomline is:

It's never the method...It's always the trader...

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 2:15am | Post# 5

I did this type of thing before but didn't have the right stops and T/P levels, and wasn't using the right time frames for 4x. It really is Econ 101 once you understand it, but everybody wants to add a Bollinger Band, or add an EMA, I basically trade on news and politics, and this is the best technical system I've ever seen. Trade it naked. Also, it's done best as a "fire and forget" system, just make sure there isn't any intervening news, enter the trade, and "fuggetaboutit"! If you get stopped out, who cares? If you use realistic risk/reward it works out over time. Of course, there's a lot of people on here that don't use realistic risk/reward, too...

KJenkins Oct 6, 2006 2:18am | Post# 6

Agreed

Ditto to you both. I totally understood the method after 'studying' it and 'studying' the power point. I just happened to visit the forum the other night and good lord I was totally confused! After about 10 posts I got the heck off so I could retain all that I had in my brain bank. People really trying TOO hard to understand something that was put quite simply.

I want fellow traders to understand though...that if you do not draw from the CORRECT 1st point to 2nd point IN the current trend direction then you can easily be off your entry point and by many pips! You must get the very first step right for the rest of the process to work! And thus, that is the trickyest part for me personally.

Yes I know, I'm so new I haven't picked my avatar. I'll get it. TTYL, Kevin
Actually, all Mouteki is doing is simple Econ 101. It's supply and demand, get it? Start complicating things by adding indicators, studies, etc., and it doesn't work so well, does it? Just use it and leave it alone, and have discipline, which is rare in 4x because it's filled with gamblers, and you might get some pips. Why do people have to screw with a good thing?

turbokaos Oct 6, 2006 2:19am | Post# 7

Wallym said it best "It's never the method...It's always the trader" and the last time i checked i been trading full time for the last 6years and been doing quite well.

turbo
living the dream in Costa Rica and did I mention I'm only 27

I guess the bottomline is:

It's never the method...It's always the trader...

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 2:20am | Post# 8

Also, turbokaos

I had a good week, I guess you were referring to the initiator of this thread. I'm just saying, supply and demand actually works if you apply it outside of intervening news. Mouteki's way of doing that is okay, there are a lot of other people doing the same thing in different ways. Just stay away from them 5 minute charts...

vsilver Oct 6, 2006 2:20am | Post# 9

no matter what system or style of trading someone uses. some people hear seem to think the system will negate them from doing the basics. that is know whitch way the market is moving and entrering on the right side of the trade. no system will do that for you they will only help, along with indicators. the dicission is still up to you to make. sorry for my spelling its to early in the morning.

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 2:31am | Post# 10

It's very easy to use Mouteki's trip. It's just Econ 101, remember college, don't mess with it. People are complaining because they went and screwed with it. I made 4% on my account last week with fire-and-forget trades doing this.

$10,000 at 4% per week compounded weekly=$76,865.89 after 52 weeks. 1 year. Let's keep on going with that. It's something we call compounded interest.

turbokaos Oct 6, 2006 2:40am | Post# 11

I'm glad it works well for you but all threads have titles and nobody forces your hand to open ones you don't want to read... sorry I don't rember college I skiped that.. but you seem pretty confident so this is what I'll do since you find it so simpe if you can guarantee your 4% per week compounding I let you start trading 2mil a clip starting tomarrow and I'll split it 50/50....

cheers

turbo

It's very easy to use Mouteki's trip. It's just Econ 101, remember college, don't fuck with it. People are bitching because they went and fucked with it. I made 4% on my account last week with fire-and-forget trades doing this.

$10,000 at 4% per week compounded weekly=$76,865.89 after 52 weeks. 1 year. Let's keep on going with that. It's something we call compounded interest.

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 2:50am | Post# 12

I'm no millionaire and I only risk 2-5% of my account on any one trade, so let's talk reality...

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 2:51am | Post# 13

This is a slow thing not a fast thing, I hope you all realize that...

Or just keep on gambling and losing your asses.

I have an indicator you might want to use, the Over-Under Indexed Juxtaposition Average (OUIJA). I'll email it to you for the low, low price of only $5000. Also, be sure to attend my seminar...

turbokaos Oct 6, 2006 2:57am | Post# 14

Mate,

It is a reality and thats why I didn't appreciate someone getting up on their soap box

turbo

I'm no millionaire and I only risk 2-5% of my account on any one trade, so let's talk reality...

Akuma99 Oct 6, 2006 2:59am | Post# 15

hmmm sounds as if you had a bad week trading

Actually no, I have had a great week of trading (if only they were all like this one) ... and if anyone is an experience profitable trader who understands the ins and outs of your trading style and the market dynamics, then this is really not applicable to you. The factory is full of starting out traders, which is great, as you can not buy that enthusiasm and makes the factory what it is, but I felt it was something that needed to be pointed out to those starting on the road to frustration.

dukeofdents, im not a mod of this part of the factory, but better be careful with the language, although I agree with the message

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 3:02am | Post# 16

I'm not saying you don't make money and I'm not getting on a soapbox. You probably make more money than I do because you probably have more capital. I'm just saying that supply and demand actually works when applied correctly, which is what Mouteki's system does...

vsilver Oct 6, 2006 3:06am | Post# 17

and thanks for saying it.

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 3:06am | Post# 18

Also, sorry for the cussing, I'm from Tennessee and that's how us hillbillies do it.

dukeofdents Oct 6, 2006 3:11am | Post# 19

Non-Farm Payrolls

You all can either stay awake until this thing comes out, or go to bed and wake up to make money in the morning. Watch this, and laugh or cry, but do not straddle...

Akuma99 Oct 6, 2006 3:19am | Post# 20

Hehehe no worries mate ... oh and Ill be sound asleep when NFP comes out, that or watching footy ...

© Forex Factory