Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Price action at the core / tma intra day (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=874421)

ellenbrook Mar 15, 2019 6:44am | Post# 2281

hi
thanks but i am GILBERT not GEORGE that the problem remember i am new on your TMA a be better one day
cheers
GILBERT

George AUS Mar 15, 2019 7:04am | Post# 2282

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: DREAMS WAKE UP.jpg
Size: 59 KB

Nih98 Mar 15, 2019 8:42am | Post# 2283

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Friday Dance.. use repainting version of TMA band.. lol

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 46 KB

Not bad for beginner luck

Have a nice weekend for all.
NIH

ZenNy Mar 15, 2019 9:23am | Post# 2284

{quote} Sorry I did NOT catch ur name ,,, Cheers George
Digs calls me Z....

mraye Mar 15, 2019 12:11pm | Post# 2285

1 Attachment(s)
George, I've been following your thread since you started it back in January. I really admire your work and the time you have taken to share your knowledge with the community and to help your fellow traders become profitable.

I have been trading the USD/CAD exclusively for the last 6 months and had the misfortune to encounter the dreaded grinding day last night and into this morning. My two questions from this experience are:

A) How do you identify that it is going to be a grinding day before it actually turns into one?

B) How do you prevent yourself from showing up too early to the party when price is in your playground. You mentioned in an earlier post that you wait for price to return to the outer TMA bands before placing your coutertrend position. While this makes sense, it also eliminates a lot of profitable trades. Today's action in the USDCAD entered the pressure zone in the morning and stayed there for at least 50 pips with little retracement. If one were to have traded the pressure zone today, one would need a pretty hefty stop loss buffer.

Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD-20190315.png
Size: 114 KB

Thanks for all that you've shared and I look forward to your future insights.

Mark

GERtrader Mar 15, 2019 4:23pm | Post# 2286

Hi guys,
it`s been a long time since i posted something to the thread. Still backtesting like crazy and starting to see more and more details.
Sometimes i have the feeling that i look to close to the charts and forget everything else. That is why it is time to take the weekend off and do something else
Maybe some of you will say that this is lazy but with a fresh mind in place you can discover other aspects of the market. So i am a little bit closer to an unlimited mindset.
If somebody is interested to team up please feel free to pm me because backtesting can be very boring. We can exchange views and ideas to develop ourselves better. Maybe we can organise a discord channel. I don`t want to take the members away from this thread but there is so much shit going on which in unnecessary and I`m interested in progress not in dumb posts. Furthermore the posts are only adressed to George which he can`t reply to because of obvious reasons. We should start to help each other especially in this thread.

Hope you have a great weekend,

Kind regards,
Fabian

P.s Thanks Bahaalden for your summaries, it is very helpful.

George AUS Mar 15, 2019 6:03pm | Post# 2287

{quote} those solutions are just words read over and over ...... how did YOU come up with the solutions?....it seems you know about psychology..... how did YOU change your ingraned mental patterns to become fluid with the market? You do not need to respond, but your lack of it is a response itself.
Well Mr Z ,,,,
Thank u for that ,,,
Now to answer ur question ,,,,
Sadly for many ,, and ,,,
Due to the amount of typing that I do ,,,
Certain subjects George will NOT discuss in TYPING ,,,, because
George hates being a slave to his keyboard ,,,
Your question sounds simple maybe to u and many others ,,,, BUT
To answer it fully and correctly ,, it will require atleast 1 to 2 hours to answer it ,,,
Something George will NOT DO ,,,,
BUT let me give u ,, a helpful suggestion ,,,
Professional traders ,,, do NOT discuss in typing ,,,,,
They get together to talk with charts ,,, and also
They use the MOST EFFECTIVE WAY OF COMMUNICATION ,,,, WHICH IS CALLED VOICE ! ! ! !
SO ,,,
Please feel free to talk to me via voice ,,, as i do NOT like wasting MY TIME AND ENERGIES to go into a very INEFFECTIVE way TRYING to explain a DEEP SUBJECT SUCH AS YOU HAVE REQUESTED ,,,,

P.S
I DID NOT LIKE UR COMMENT HIGHLIGHTED IN RED ABOVE IN UR QUOTE ! ! ! ! !

Cheers,
George

myoda Mar 15, 2019 6:51pm | Post# 2288

This isn't my final version, I have another idea I want to implement on it, but I think it's great, well I would wouldn't I since it's mine!! But I wanted to post it up, to see what you guys think, and if you have any ideas for consideration. I think the graphics show what it does, you need to change the settings so you can get the customized settings for different timeframes. {image} {image} {file}
That's a neat idea mate, switching among multiplier on the fly right?. If i may suggest, IMHO multiplier information (text) next to each on/off control would be very helpful and make you indi a potent weapon. lets hear what the rest of family say

ZenNy Mar 15, 2019 8:17pm | Post# 2289

{quote} Well Mr Z ,,,, Thank u for that ,,, Now to answer ur question ,,,, Sadly for many ,, and ,,, Due to the amount of typing that I do ,,, Certain subjects George will NOT discuss in TYPING ,,,, because George hates being a slave to his keyboard ,,, Your question sounds simple maybe to u and many others ,,,, BUT To answer it fully and correctly ,, it will require atleast 1 to 2 hours to answer it ,,, Something George will NOT DO ,,,, BUT let me give u ,, a helpful suggestion ,,, Professional traders ,,, do NOT discuss in typing ,,,,, They get...
George,

Thank you for your response, but I am not interested in different communications. All the best.

amundo Mar 15, 2019 9:49pm | Post# 2290

This isn't my final version, I have another idea I want to implement on it, but I think it's great, well I would wouldn't I since it's mine!! But I wanted to post it up, to see what you guys think, and if you have any ideas for consideration. I think the graphics show what it does, you need to change the settings so you can get the customized settings for different timeframes.
Bushy, fantastic idea. Was thinking to add ability to change inputs on the fly for each TMA. My MQL is rusty, but I'll give it a go - never done a full-blown GUI in this product before and always wanted to.

matthew89 Mar 15, 2019 11:56pm | Post# 2291

George, I've been following your thread since you started it back in January. I really admire your work and the time you have taken to share your knowledge with the community and to help your fellow traders become profitable. I have been trading the USD/CAD exclusively for the last 6 months and had the misfortune to encounter the dreaded grinding day last night and into this morning. My two questions from this experience are: A) How do you identify that it is going to be a grinding day before it actually turns into one? B) How do you prevent yourself...
Could you upload your template and indicators please mate?

SunnyCoast Mar 15, 2019 11:58pm | Post# 2292

1 Attachment(s)
As I did last week I'd just like to post my End of Week Results here.

All trades were taken on GBP JPY and all were based on my interpretation of George's teachings in this thread.

I'm only able to trade between mid London and start of NY session.

Thank you again George for providing all the information so far in this thread and thanks to me for taking the time to read from Page 1!!!

Click to Enlarge

Name: Week Ended 15032019.png
Size: 26 KB

amundo Mar 16, 2019 12:39am | Post# 2293

WOAH! Jut had my first session with George. My God! Don't even bother trying to glean his teachings from the written word - it needs audio/video to convey....and what this guy knows WILL blow your mind. In my case, it was information overload. I thought after 16 years I'd seen it all...nope.

Thank you George, you da man!

I have homework to do...

George AUS Mar 16, 2019 2:05am | Post# 2294

1 Attachment(s)
George, I've been following your thread since you started it back in January. I really admire your work and the time you have taken to share your knowledge with the community and to help your fellow traders become profitable. I have been trading the USD/CAD exclusively for the last 6 months and had the misfortune to encounter the dreaded grinding day last night and into this morning. My two questions from this experience are: A) How do you identify that it is going to be a grinding day before it actually turns into one? B) How do you prevent yourself...

Hello Mark ,,,,
Thank u for ur questions ,,,

It is extremely hard for me to answer such deep questions like that in typing and be able to explain it properly and fully ,,,,,
We will need to do this via Voice IF u want to go deeper ,,,

BUT ,,,
First of all i would like to suggest the following ,,
PLEASE LOSE THAT USELESS INDICATOR AT THE BOTTOM OF UR CHART ,,,,,
THE MARKET IS NOT GOVERNED BY THE 1 MINUTE CHARTS ,,,
THE MARKET IS NOT GOVERNED BY THE TMA'S ,,,
I HAVE SAID THIS MANY TIMES THROUGH OUT THE PROJECT ,,,,
Also you TMA settings are NOT correct for the 1 Mnt charts

The problem you seem to have is u r nOT taking into count the MOST IMPORTANT PART ,,,, which is
TARGETS TARGETS TARGETS ,,,

A quick look at the hourly chart or the 15 mnt chart will explain the CLEAR STORY ! ! ! !

Cheers,
George
Click to Enlarge

Name: USD CAD.png
Size: 45 KB

George AUS Mar 16, 2019 2:07am | Post# 2295

WOAH! Jut had my first session with George. My God! Don't even bother trying to glean his teachings from the written word - it needs audio/video to convey....and what this guy knows WILL blow your mind. In my case, it was information overload. I thought after 16 years I'd seen it all...nope. Thank you George, you da man! I have homework to do...

Thank u for ur warm and kind words Amundo ,,,
George is ONLY doing what he promised to deliver ! ! !

Cheers,
George

SirOrigami Mar 16, 2019 7:34am | Post# 2296

{quote} Thank u for ur warm and kind words Amundo ,,, George is ONLY doing what he promised to deliver ! ! ! Cheers, George
Georgie pordgie pudding n pie, kiss the girls and make them cry

Bushy Mar 16, 2019 8:02am | Post# 2297

{quote} Bushy, fantastic idea. Was thinking to add ability to change inputs on the fly for each TMA. My MQL is rusty, but I'll give it a go - never done a full-blown GUI in this product before and always wanted to.
No, me neither, buttons are a bit convoluted, but the end result is great. Yes I was thinking of inputs change with + - and options for 0.1,1.10,100 increments.

failinforex Mar 16, 2019 8:12am | Post# 2298

George can you continue to post some charts there - The only thread you will ever need: FX Exposed!

George AUS Mar 16, 2019 8:27am | Post# 2299

George can you continue to post some charts there - The only thread you will ever need: FX Exposed!
What are u talking about ????
I do NOT understand what u mean ,,,,

George AUS Mar 16, 2019 8:28am | Post# 2300

{quote} Georgie pordgie pudding n pie, kiss the girls and make them cry
Get ur fact correct please ,,,

Georgie pordgie pudding n pie, kiss the girls and make them SMILE [/quote]

© Forex Factory