Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Price action at the core / tma intra day (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=874421)

William54 Mar 14, 2019 6:42am | Post# 2181

uptown shopping for downtown business
Sir Uiox2 please could you explain what you mean when you said uptown shopping for downtown business? what does it mean? I am a bit confused

EcoTrader Mar 14, 2019 6:44am | Post# 2182

{quote} Very nice sell Jakdan! wow. Did this occur because of the time/price relationship of that m15bar
nope - this is why that happened

"DUP source said that 'tweaks won't cut it' in talks with government" - Brexit related sentiment shifts due to news flow

William54 Mar 14, 2019 6:50am | Post# 2183

{quote} nope - this is why that happened "DUP source said that 'tweaks won't cut it' in talks with government" - Brexit related sentiment shifts due to news flow
DUP Source, is that the same thing they put on steaks at the BBQ

EcoTrader Mar 14, 2019 6:55am | Post# 2184

{quote} DUP Source, is that the same thing they put on steaks at the BBQ
might be the only way they avoid the stench and taste of haggis

uiox2 Mar 14, 2019 6:57am | Post# 2185

{quote} Sir Uiox2 please could you explain what you mean when you said uptown shopping for downtown business? what does it mean? I am a bit confused
Please, do not call me sir.

George has explained 'uptown shopping for downtown business' alot of times in his posts.

EcoTrader Mar 14, 2019 6:58am | Post# 2186

{quote} I AM SORRY WILLIAM AND ECO ,,,,, WHEN I SAW THAT REPLY ,,, I JUST CRACKED UP LAUGHING HERE ,,,,, LOVE THE WAY YOU PUT IT ! ! ! ! PLEASE ECO ,,, I AM NOT LAUGHING AT U ,,, ITS THE PURITY IN WHICH WILLIAM PUT IT HAHAHAHAHA Cheers, George
no offence taken

ZenNy Mar 14, 2019 7:05am | Post# 2187

Helloooo peeeeeeeeps ,,,,, Lets talk some PRICE ACTION charting ,,,, Lets create some trading MUSIC ! ! ! ! ! This is the exciting part I hope this will be add value to some ,,,, I have on many occasions put a chart in front of some traders that are trading price action,, and asked them,,,,, = Is the chart is able to talk to them ,,, = Are they able to make anything of the swings ,,,, = Why we see tops and bottoms stacked up ,,,,, = Is it ,,, SUPPORT ????? ,,, RESISTANCE ????? ,,,, SUPPLY ???? ,,, DEMAND ????? = My question is ,,, DO THEY EXIST...

ok.....they manipulate the market for liquidity issues....so what is new in that?

William54 Mar 14, 2019 7:11am | Post# 2188

{quote} ok.....they manipulate the market for liquidity issues....so what is new in that?
Zen care to share with an old man how they manipulate it? I would love to hear your theories

SunnyCoast Mar 14, 2019 7:11am | Post# 2189

1 Attachment(s)
Got home from work to see I missed that lovely move at the top. Admired it and moved on pretty quickly!

Took 1st trade for today at today's lows and between the Standard & Extension Zones.
Price has already done it's ADR and was quick enough to catch this one just after dinner.

I even lost Internet Connection during this one so that was a bit exciting!! Luckily I had my phone so that was a nice lesson.

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPY THU 14032019.png
Size: 33 KB

Rafacakes Mar 14, 2019 7:17am | Post# 2190

1 Attachment(s)
music to my eyes
Click to Enlarge

Name: FF.png
Size: 81 KB

ZenNy Mar 14, 2019 7:25am | Post# 2191

{quote} Zen care to share with an old man how they manipulate it? I would love to hear your theories
Well.....I am not an expert as George seems to be........but for the little I understand market movers have orders sitting on their desks.....if they have sell orders.... first they will buy pushing the prices up.... when prices gets to their level they will cover and unload......

William54 Mar 14, 2019 7:29am | Post# 2192

{quote} Well.....I am not an expert as George seems to be........but for the little I understand market movers have orders sitting on their desks.....if they have sell orders.... first they will buy pushing the prices up.... when prices gets to their level they will cover and unload......
Hey thank you Zen when they 'cover and unload' does that mean that the market movers cover their buy trades and unload their sell orders?

ZenNy Mar 14, 2019 7:41am | Post# 2193

{quote} Hey thank you Zen when they 'cover and unload' does that mean that the market movers cover their buy trades and unload their sell orders?
yes.....and it is very common at opening .......they call it "the morning opening reversal".....

does it happen all the time? No it does not.....but the ability to read price action properly will help you determine when it will happen......at least to gain your risk.....

Often they do not have to buy to bring the price up....but their lack of participation will create a vacuum...that is when you have a nice spike up and quick reversal down.....

by the way I am much older than yourself......

I agree with George with his first post (I only read two pages of this thread), best is to trade at the extremes.....in the middle is just gambling.....only my perception...

William54 Mar 14, 2019 7:47am | Post# 2194

{quote} but their lack of participation will create a vacuum...that is when you have a nice spike up and quick reversal down.....
Thanks Zen this is good stuff! Would what you made reference to be termed a liquidity vacuum/spike?

ZenNy Mar 14, 2019 8:02am | Post# 2195

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks Zen this is good stuff! Would what you made reference to be termed a liquidity vacuum/spike?
Will, I am not sure if I understand your question.....however what I am talking about is also referred for a false break out...normally price will reverse to some kind of resistance but not always......classic patterns needs to be viewed in term of the psychology of the participants and not in term of rigid patterns......if at some level you see trapped traders (false BO) and you take the opposite side, they will help your trade fuelling it by covering at a loss becoming bears themselves....

this is what happened this morning with GU.....prices reversed at the round number....after the initial push up....(morning reversal ) making also a LH....
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 10.45.09 pm.png
Size: 33 KB

William54 Mar 14, 2019 8:21am | Post# 2196

{quote} Will, I am not sure if I understand your question.....however what I am talking about is also referred for a false break out...normally price will reverse to some kind of resistance but not always......classic patterns needs to be viewed in term of the psychology of the participants and not in term of rigid patterns......if at some level you see trapped traders (false BO) and you take the opposite side, they will help your trade fuelling it by covering at a loss becoming bears themselves.... this is what happened this morning with GU.....prices...
Zen thats brilliant, thanks for sharing your knowledge I know many here will appreciate it! There are no riddles in your explanation I appreciate it!

William54 Mar 14, 2019 8:24am | Post# 2197

music to my eyes {image}
Peter care to explain your chart to us? All we see is a chart with no entries or exits!

William54 Mar 14, 2019 8:35am | Post# 2198

{quote} Please, do not call me sir. George has explained 'uptown shopping for downtown business' alot of times in his posts.
Oh my apologies, please could you point out the post I must have missed it, many thanks.

William54 Mar 14, 2019 8:37am | Post# 2199

{quote} Please, do not call me sir.

RickM Mar 14, 2019 8:48am | Post# 2200

1 Attachment(s)
How's everyone, being out of town for a few days.
Boy has there been some action so I decided to trade tonight's action hard. I took a trade around the pressure point as my first trade on GBPJPY.
When it passed under a target level I decided to start selling it hard and took further trades at each Target Point.
Normally i would be closing trades at these Targets but the move was to hard. I ended up taking 8 trades for 485 pips and got out luckily at the right time.
I need a drink.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gj m1 thurs.png
Size: 114 KB

© Forex Factory