Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Hanging out the daily on the close line (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=871898)

ChicagoRob Feb 12, 2019 10:54am | Post# 81

For yczzd: Please explain the logic behind the variable lot trade size. Would it be possible to include an input to specify static lots?

yczzd Feb 12, 2019 11:34am | Post# 82

For yczzd: Please explain the logic behind the variable lot trade size. Would it be possible to include an input to specify static lots?
Oh, sorry, Bob, I forgot to explain this variable.

As for Lot size, it was initially set by BasicLot. If the last closed pair was a loss, Lots would double next lots. If the last closed pair was profitable, then the next lots is restored to BasicLot.

cfudge Feb 12, 2019 6:00pm | Post# 83

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you to everyone for taking an interest in this thread. I hope we can find a way to make it work profitably.

Please keep testing and post results so we may continue on a path that is profitable. I am surprised that the EA is doing as well as it is, very nice.

Go5 I hope you keep on the Gold trail even though I did not get good results.

@NetGreen; I do not quite understand what you are getting at but maybe a few charts with examples would be nice.

I am testing the daily charts with the pairs on my list. The graph shows all trades from the beginning of the thread, the second is only the pairs on the amended list.

Chris
Click to Enlarge

Name: g1.jpg
Size: 29 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: g2.jpg
Size: 27 KB

fareed51 Feb 13, 2019 3:22am | Post# 84

EA Update(last version delete) Everybody, Please update it in time and do not use the previous version. Please update it in time and do not use the previous version. The new version (v11) fixes a BUG, which may place two orders at the same time. In addition, a filter condition is added. When placing an order, the body of the first candle must have a certain height. {file}

I have installed basket EA on Daily. Will update you with results.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=877939

Thanks

yczzd Feb 13, 2019 6:39am | Post# 85

{quote} I have installed basket EA on Daily. Will update you with results. https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=877939 Thanks
Thanks.

giapel Feb 13, 2019 1:05pm | Post# 86

Hi,
I am testing One candle strategy W11 on H4 from today. few days and i'll share result.
thanks

fareed51 Feb 14, 2019 1:28am | Post# 87

{quote} Thanks.

Basket idea is good but losses are larger than small profit.

Go5 Feb 14, 2019 4:41am | Post# 88

Thank you to everyone for taking an interest in this thread. I hope we can find a way to make it work profitably. Please keep testing and post results so we may continue on a path that is profitable. I am surprised that the EA is doing as well as it is, very nice. Go5 I hope you keep on the Gold trail even though I did not get good results. @NetGreen; I do not quite understand what you are getting at but maybe a few charts with examples would be nice. I am testing the daily charts with the pairs on my list. The graph shows all trades from the beginning...
Did you try Gold with my "modded" rule? This throws in an occasional trend trade which can be a good thing. - certainly is with Gold...

cfudge Feb 14, 2019 2:05pm | Post# 89

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} Did you try Gold with my "modded" rule? This throws in an occasional trend trade which can be a good thing. - certainly is with Gold...
Hey Go5

I tested from Jan 1 2018 to today with both of your EAs and here are the results...I did see one trade that did not close when new candle opened, see pic.

Chris

Name:  should.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  12 KB
This was with new EA
Click to Enlarge

Name: 11111.jpg
Size: 23 KB
This was original EA
Click to Enlarge

Name: 22222.jpg
Size: 23 KB

Go5 Feb 15, 2019 5:49pm | Post# 90

{quote} Hey Go5 I tested from Jan 1 2018 to today with both of your EAs and here are the results...I did see one trade that did not close when new candle opened, see pic. Chris {image} This was with new EA {image} This was original EA {image}
That's weird, I get a PF of > 1.2 for that period. The "faulty" close on your pic. seems like a SL to me with a badly placed arrow?

cfudge Feb 15, 2019 6:00pm | Post# 91

Maybe different price feeds, although on daily candles there shouldn't be that much difference

NetGreen Feb 17, 2019 1:37pm | Post# 92

Thank you to everyone for taking an interest in this thread. I hope we can find a way to make it work profitably. Please keep testing and post results so we may continue on a path that is profitable. I am surprised that the EA is doing as well as it is, very nice. Go5 I hope you keep on the Gold trail even though I did not get good results. @NetGreen; I do not quite understand what you are getting at but maybe a few charts with examples would be nice. I am testing the daily charts with the pairs on my list. The graph shows all trades from the beginning...
Are you still forward testing this one?

jarin9 Feb 18, 2019 9:32am | Post# 93

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
here is the version for MT5.
Basket.ex5

cfudge Feb 18, 2019 9:38am | Post# 94

{quote} Are you still forward testing this one?
Yes

jarin9 Feb 18, 2019 11:23am | Post# 95

1 Attachment(s)
Optimized from 1.1.2018 - 8.1.2018

Click to Enlarge

Name: Basket.jpg
Size: 1.8 MB

ChicagoRob Feb 18, 2019 12:40pm | Post# 96

Optimized from 1.1.2018 - 8.1.2018 {image}
What parameters were optimized?

jarin9 Feb 18, 2019 12:44pm | Post# 97

{quote} What parameters were optimized?