Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   best pair to trade on forex market (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=870251)

AlexImam Feb 27, 2019 12:36pm | Post# 41

The lowest spread is with EURUSD which is something to be considered in your trade cost calculation.

because of lowest trading spreads most of the time i use this trading pair which is really supportive to ensure profit by scalping that bring profit in a short time.

CannonScout Feb 27, 2019 5:10pm | Post# 42

For FOREX, usually one the big six currency pairs. Or any mixture thereof. There are a lot of exotics but at times their spreads are unreasonable and their price action is less fluid.

But as for specific choice just find out where the money is. For example right now there is a lot of focus on the USA (trump obviously) and Euro (Brexit amongst other things) BAM! you just have a good currency pair to trade.

Make sure it's relevant, moving and has suitable liquidity and spreads. (Which most of the big six have anyway)

Adelhard Feb 27, 2019 5:27pm | Post# 43

For FOREX, usually one the big six currency pairs. Or any mixture thereof. There are a lot of exotics but at times their spreads are unreasonable and their price action is less fluid. But as for specific choice just find out where the money is. For example right now there is a lot of focus on the USA (trump obviously) and Euro (Brexit amongst other things) BAM! you just have a good currency pair to trade. Make sure it's relevant, moving and has suitable liquidity and spreads. (Which most of the big six have anyway)
In general, itís correct! But I love to trade on Gold & silver, especially Gold! Although I know, Gold is a volatile trading pair; I enjoy the movements.

Infassen Mar 1, 2019 2:23am | Post# 44

The best pair to trade depends on what your trading strategy is, and the pairs offered by your broker. Most people prefer trading in major currencies, but it is best to choose by trend and momentum indicators for the trade to favor you.

jollypk Mar 1, 2019 11:07am | Post# 45

The new traders should only stick with the major pairs because they are always highly liquid and chances are that they can enable new traders to predict the market trends.

GQForex Mar 1, 2019 12:01pm | Post# 46

For me that question depends on the kind of trading system being deployed.. For example a swing trader would be more profitable on a pair like EURJPY than on a pair that barely trends like the EURUSD. a scalper on the opposite hand will prefare EURUSD to EURJPY when he/she takes spreads,commissions,slippage and other things into consideration.

MarkFxAnde May 10, 2019 5:41am | Post# 47

The new traders should only stick with the major pairs because they are always highly liquid and chances are that they can enable new traders to predict the market trends.
trading on major pairs always safe for beginners level , but at the same time trading on various pair always difficult and this approach can make beginners volatile , so they should trade step by step in demo or cent account.

7Shun May 13, 2019 9:22am | Post# 48

I think the best pair for begginer should be something that he could achieve success with and your luck if you can really know some local markets of countries like Russia, Singapore, Hong Kong and some more not so known currencies. So please be sure

NathanAstel May 14, 2019 10:42am | Post# 49

{quote} trading on major pairs always safe for beginners level , but at the same time trading on various pair always difficult and this approach can make beginners volatile , so they should trade step by step in demo or cent account.
trading on various currency at the same time can be dangerous , i agree , but in demo it can be the real source to increase trading performance very rapidly.

mlawson71 May 14, 2019 12:32pm | Post# 50

That really depends on the currency pairs and how well the trader knows them, in my opinion.

MarkFxAnde May 24, 2019 5:04am | Post# 51

yes it depends on currency pair ,
but i tried to understand due to lack experience , i
ts quite difficult to maintain various currency at the same time.

mlawson71 May 24, 2019 1:39pm | Post# 52

yes it depends on currency pair , but i tried to understand due to lack experience , i ts quite difficult to maintain various currency at the same time.
So which currency pair do you trade then?

Butterscotch May 27, 2019 10:07pm | Post# 53

Major Currency pairs should best for those who are new to market. And as time pass they will learn which pairs is good for trading.

Rarca May 28, 2019 4:04am | Post# 54

Major Currency pairs should best for those who are new to the market. And as time pass they will learn which pairs is good for trading.
I was discussing this with friends, and they said that perhaps traders should be looking a longer trades too. So it is not just the pair that matters, but the time we keep it open. A good example now is GBPUSD, as there will be a strengthening trend over the next few weeks.

mlawson71 May 28, 2019 1:21pm | Post# 55

It depends on the trader how long they keep a trade open. Some people scalp successfully, others keep trades open for weeks, even months. It's very subjective.

GeorgeBaile May 29, 2019 6:06am | Post# 56

It depends on the trader how long they keep a trade open. Some people scalp successfully, others keep trades open for weeks, even months. It's very subjective.
Yes, thatís the way actually! But I see, experience traders are willing to do long-term trading!

mlawson71 May 29, 2019 11:39am | Post# 57

{quote} Yes, thatís the way actually! But I see, experience traders are willing to do long-term trading!
True, that is a type of trading that is best left to people who know what they are doing.

salimc Jun 14, 2019 4:40pm | Post# 58

what is best pair to trade on forex market and how we choose it on what rules do you make your decision atr - news feel free to share your opinion
It depends on your preference. You have to select the pairs yourself.

Adelhard Jun 24, 2019 2:55am | Post# 59

{quote} It depends on your preference. You have to select the pairs yourself.
No doubt; but there have common choice like EUDUSD, GBPUSD etc!

salimc Jun 26, 2019 5:11pm | Post# 60

{quote} No doubt; but there have common choice like EUDUSD, GBPUSD etc!
I have seen people with uncommon choice

© Forex Factory