Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Flash Crash ~ Jan 2019 (Tick Charts of all Major Currency Pairs) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=864836)

traderumr Jan 2, 2019 6:22pm | Post# 1

Flash Crash ~ Jan 2019 (Tick Charts of all Major Currency Pairs)

10 Attachment(s)
FX market just got hit by a low liquidity driven flash crash that ripped through major stop zones at the time when no major trading centre was open. Classic!

Summary:
AUDJPY: -518 pips (Monster's head)
AUDUSD: -215 pips
GBPUSD: -185 pips
EURUSD: +35 pips (King of liquidity)
EURGBP: +103 pips
GBPJPY: -446 pips
USDJPY: -322 pips
USDCAD: +81 pips
NZDUSD: ~91 pips (Range)
AUDNZD: -355 pips

Here are the tick charts of all major currency pairs.

AUDJPY (Monster's head): -518 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPY.png
Size: 72 KB

AUDUSD: -215 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDUSD.png
Size: 84 KB

GBPUSD: -185 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD.png
Size: 76 KB

EURUSD: +35 pips (King of liquidity)
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSD.png
Size: 105 KB

EURGBP: +103 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURGBP.png
Size: 78 KB

USDJPY: -322 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPY.png
Size: 82 KB

USDCAD: +81 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCAD.png
Size: 81 KB

NZDUSD: ~91 pips (range)
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDUSD.png
Size: 79 KB

AUDNZD: -355 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZD.png
Size: 85 KB

GBPJPY: -446 pips
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPY.png
Size: 84 KB

Cools81 Jan 2, 2019 7:02pm | Post# 2

wow!
This is why ill never have full account at broker or hold overnight or trade asia/when us/eur/london are closed.

spotrate Jan 2, 2019 7:17pm | Post# 3

It's nice to have a Flash Crash thread to keep a historical track of them.

hellsbells Jan 2, 2019 7:24pm | Post# 4

FX market just got hit by a low liquidity driven flash crash that ripped through major stop zones at the time when no major trading centre was open. Classic! Here are the tick charts of all major currency pairs. AUDJPY (Monster's head): -518 pips {image} AUDUSD: -215 pips {image} GBPUSD: -185 pips {image} EURUSD: +35 pips (King of liquidity) {image} EURGBP: +103 pips {image} USDJPY: -322 pips {image} USDCAD: +81 pips {image} NZDUSD: ~91 pips (range) {image} AUDNZD: -355 pips {image} GBPJPY: -446 pips {image}

Interesting yes, thanks for sharing.

dornachum203 Jan 2, 2019 7:33pm | Post# 5

2 Attachment(s)
wow! This is why ill never have full account at broker or hold overnight or trade asia/when us/eur/london are closed.
Im long hard in aud pairs and jpy pair, and still this crash got me to "only" almost 50% dd, and now back to 20 +-, its not about holding trades overnight, its about knowing the risk and not over leverage your account.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190103-012344.jpg
Size: 572 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190103-012307.jpg
Size: 690 KB

MrAashir Jan 2, 2019 9:26pm | Post# 6

{quote} Im long hard in aud pairs and jpy pair, and still this crash got me to "only" almost 50% dd, and now back to 20 +-, its not about holding trades overnight, its about knowing the risk and not over leverage your account. {image}{image}
never go hard bro you must always be soft

dornachum203 Jan 3, 2019 3:41am | Post# 7

{quote} never go hard bro you must always be soft
My point was that even when I "go hard" that crash didn't wipe me out, i was at max DD of 50%. I sure there is a lot of people who got wiped because of high leverage.

classy Jan 3, 2019 7:10am | Post# 8

i checked different broker like xm,oanda,ic,robo fxpro differnce 200 pips + ??

ForestX Jan 3, 2019 7:37am | Post# 9

i checked different broker like xm,oanda,ic,robo fxpro differnce 200 pips + ??
Yeah. It depends when broker closed. Some of the people's brokers were up. Only thing that they did for us (Forex4you) , is only closed exotics and gave us gap after the flash crash occured .

Atleast I could buyback these bounces but no volume nor liquidity was up for 20-40min in GBPJPY

AutoRider Jan 3, 2019 11:04am | Post# 10

2 Attachment(s)
This is how flash crash handle by my account with my EA.
Click to Enlarge

Name: photo_2019-01-03_21-26-53.jpg
Size: 116 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: photo_2019-01-03_21-03-05.jpg 2.jpg
Size: 140 KB

ravifx1 Jan 3, 2019 12:40pm | Post# 11

{quote} My point was that even when I "go hard" that crash didn't wipe me out, i was at max DD of 50%. I sure there is a lot of people who got wiped because of high leverage.
Bro...
Could you please let me know what is the Leverage r u using ?
What is the best leverage ?

ravifx1 Jan 3, 2019 12:45pm | Post# 12

{quote} Im long hard in aud pairs and jpy pair, and still this crash got me to "only" almost 50% dd, and now back to 20 +-, its not about holding trades overnight, its about knowing the risk and not over leverage your account. {image}{image}
It's really inspiring....
If you don't mind....Could you please share info like...by reviewing your account....if my account was $1000....what could be the open positions lots size (cumulative of all open positions) if i Had it might be went to hardly 50% DD....

So I will maintain this as a parameter in future....

Sutatong Jan 3, 2019 1:37pm | Post# 13

1 Attachment(s)
FX market just got hit by a low liquidity driven flash crash that ripped through major stop zones at the time when no major trading centre was open. Classic! Summary: AUDJPY: -518 pips (Monster's head) AUDUSD: -215 pips GBPUSD: -185 pips EURUSD: +35 pips (King of liquidity) EURGBP: +103 pips GBPJPY: -446 pips USDJPY: -322 pips USDCAD: +81 pips NZDUSD: ~91 pips (Range) AUDNZD: -355 pips Here are the tick charts of all major currency pairs. AUDJPY (Monster's head): -518 pips {image} AUDUSD: -215 pips {image} GBPUSD: -185 pips {image} EURUSD: +35 pips...
My broker's EURJPY
Click to Enlarge

Name: Flash Crash January 2018.png
Size: 18 KB

AutoRider Jan 7, 2019 2:46am | Post# 14

3 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I use this EA. it seems to be good. When flash crash event that ea had face very well .

https://t.me/tdalgo using this chanel you see the Live trade notification place by the EA
AlgoTec v1.ex4
TDI-RT-Clone.ex4
Algo Tec PDF.pdf

felipe6 Jan 7, 2019 8:46am | Post# 15

Remember that with the new ESMA rules, if your account gets to 50 % (margen) they close all of your positions automatically. So if you would like to sweat out the flash crash waiting untill it gets back, you would not have had that chance. That is another reason more why you should not use too much leverage.

AutoRider Jan 7, 2019 11:27am | Post# 16

Hi, I use this EA. it seems to be good. When flash crash event that ea had face very well . {file} {file} {image}
Hello ,

https://t.me/tdalgo using this chanel you see the Live trade notification place by the EA

AutoRider Jan 13, 2019 4:03am | Post# 17

3 Attachment(s)

**Notice**

I have uploaded new update 2 weeks test version (post 14). invite to all members for download new update version. if you have download TDI RT clone indicator & PDF File , Don't want download indicator & PDF File again.Test it by your self and you will see how this EA make stable profit.

Email:- { email address deleted by staff }

Channel :- https://t.me/tdalgo
Algo_TDEA V4.1 FF.ex4
pdf-algo.pdf
TDI-RT-Clone.ex4

traderumr Jan 27, 2019 10:38am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 1.4 MB

bloodpoodle Jan 27, 2019 10:58am | Post# 19

WOW! I'm impressed.. Reason given Lack of liquidity! Not some bogus fundamental reason..
way to go!

Not many people here will realize it was a liquidity problem.. They will all search for some fundamental story line.
To justify the move after the fact.

GOOD JOB!

Thinking in terms of liquidity (and volatility) is 1/2 the battle to realizing how the market really works..,

My mind is always thinking how much liquidity and volatility is there going to be, rather then trying to jump
on some news headline after the fact..(which is how most people trade and think)

more importantly .. If you realized it was a low liquidty situation you could have faded the move over the next few days.. Making some nice profit!
because every move mentioned end up reversing didn't it?

I seek out liquidity problems to fade.. But all arn't this big with 500 pips. (most are much smaller)
This was a tsunami!

traderumr Jan 27, 2019 8:00pm | Post# 20

more importantly .. If you realized it was a low liquidty situation you could have faded the move over the next few days.. Making some nice profit!
Yes, just need to make sure that normalcy has returned.
Whatever the causes were ... holidays, fundamental concerns etc have subsided.

© Forex Factory