Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   SDTR Strategy Part II (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=864690)

Arabier May 7, 2019 2:39pm | Post# 821

1 Attachment(s)
Guys there's been a minor update to v1.27. Please download it again on first page.
EA opened a sell trade against the rules.
Red Arrow pointed up. Turbo_JRSX below 30 and pointing up. All candles well below EMA10.

If EA followed the previous signal, then EA placed the trade 9 hours to late.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDH1.png
Size: 31 KB

S.Wladimir May 7, 2019 3:17pm | Post# 822

Sorry to ask, but how do we use: Which timeframe which Pivot time corresponds? 1H timeframe for example with daily Pivot or 1H Pivot? Is timeframe defined by the chart the EA is attached to? And what is CssTf timeframe? How to set? Same as Pivot?

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...3#post12189103

S.Wladimir May 7, 2019 7:16pm | Post# 823

{quote} EA opened a sell trade against the rules. Red Arrow pointed up. Turbo_JRSX below 30 and pointing up. All candles well below EMA10. If EA followed the previous signal, then EA placed the trade 9 hours to late. {image}
Hi .
What Pivot level ? How many candles limit ? The value of the distance from the pivot ? What is the candle open a trade?
This info will help understand .....

mrdfx May 10, 2019 1:47pm | Post# 824

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guy its been a mixed bag this week and actually not much action for the EA's.

H1 took a big hit this week and is the worst performer and H4 didn't have any orders this week, very unusual.. D1 still no orders since starting.

I've been pretty bust this week and didn't have much time to monitor the EA's to see if all is correct. Lets see how next week goes!
Click to Enlarge

Name: SDTR H1.png
Size: 42 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: SDTR H4.png
Size: 41 KB

manjusr81 May 10, 2019 3:32pm | Post# 825

would have appreciated if it was not a repaint on smaller time frame say 1 min & 5 min GREAT

timidave May 10, 2019 4:45pm | Post# 826

Hey guy its been a mixed bag this week and actually not much action for the EA's. H1 took a big hit this week and is the worst performer and H4 didn't have any orders this week, very unusual.. D1 still no orders since starting. I've been pretty bust this week and didn't have much time to monitor the EA's to see if all is correct. Lets see how next week goes! {image} {image}
Maybe a trend filter would improve the results.

matthew89 May 10, 2019 6:56pm | Post# 827

I have been observing this method for a while now, and as good as it is, I think another filter would be a good idea. If the markets are heavily trending then this is the killer of any reversal type system. Does anyone have a suggestion of another filter that could be added to this system? Ideally one which stops us entering trades when the trend is too strong? Perhaps if the the ADX is above an extreme level then ignore the setup?

S.Wladimir May 11, 2019 12:15am | Post# 828

I Perhaps if the the ADX is above an extreme level then ignore the setup?
Hi. You can post the results of Testa with ADX ?

S.Wladimir May 11, 2019 1:40am | Post# 829

{quote} Maybe a trend filter would improve the results.
Hello.
EA SDTR has all the necessary filters .
You need to understand how it works. For example for the USD at TF H1 the parameter EMA 36_48 , ZigZag 120_240 , Pivot 78_100 /rare Signals, / .
Thank you master for EA .

NickBixy May 11, 2019 4:57pm | Post# 830

adding a 20 ema would improve it,
https://www.theforexguy.com/forex-averaging-strategies/
Edit : for manual trading needs discretion

Merka May 11, 2019 6:06pm | Post# 831

This strategy looks pivot trading.
Nice job

S.Wladimir May 11, 2019 7:21pm | Post# 832

2 Attachment(s)
Let me give you an example . /work MA /.
All EA is used to deal a single parameter : for buy, for sell .
In EA Gibrud OsMa for the transaction divided the parameter : separately for buy , separately for sell .
Who knows , he understood what was said .
Gibrid.OsMA_tral.ex4
Gibrid.OsMA_tral.mq4

mrdfx May 13, 2019 11:02am | Post# 833

With any kind of reversal based strategy strong trends will always be the weak point.

This topic was discussed in great detail in the first thread, and many members had suggestions to try filter out those scenarios when a trade would open after a fake reversal and get stuck in a strong trend.

So far there is still nothing that has proven itself effective in such a situation, although I am still open to ideas.

Merka May 13, 2019 12:14pm | Post# 834

With any kind of reversal based strategy strong trends will always be the weak point. This topic was discussed in great detail in the first thread, and many members had suggestions to try filter out those scenarios when a trade would open after a fake reversal and get stuck in a strong trend. So far there is still nothing that has proven itself effective in such a situation, although I am still open to ideas.
Unfortunately there is no solution to that scenario.
The only way out is to take the loss after certain DD% and move on.

matthew89 May 13, 2019 1:06pm | Post# 835

1 Attachment(s)
With any kind of reversal based strategy strong trends will always be the weak point. This topic was discussed in great detail in the first thread, and many members had suggestions to try filter out those scenarios when a trade would open after a fake reversal and get stuck in a strong trend. So far there is still nothing that has proven itself effective in such a situation, although I am still open to ideas.
This is just an idea, but perhaps see if price is ranging on higher timeframes, then it is more likely to reverse on a lower timeframe. If your using this system on the 4 hour chart for example, look on the daily and weekly timeframe for a ranging pair.

This MTF ADX dashboard indicator may be a good start. It shows if a fx pair is ranging or trending on multiple timeframes. Again this is just an idea.
ToR_1.20k.ex4

matthew89 May 13, 2019 2:42pm | Post# 836

I might of found a way to improve this system by effectively combining it with another system. I dont want to start uploading my changes to this thread as I am still working on it, and I want to respect MRDFX since this is his thread, and I dont want to start uploading changes without his permission. I will carry on improving and testing my alterations, and if MRDFX does not mind me uploading what I have come up with then I will.

Johannes7 May 15, 2019 1:20am | Post# 837

{quote} This is just an idea, but perhaps see if price is ranging on higher timeframes, then it is more likely to reverse on a lower timeframe. If your using this system on the 4 hour chart for example, look on the daily and weekly timeframe for a ranging pair. This MTF ADX dashboard indicator may be a good start. It shows if a fx pair is ranging or trending on multiple timeframes. Again this is just an idea. {file}
Thanks Matthew
What is the ToR1.2k.ea?

ppwest May 15, 2019 3:08am | Post# 838

{quote} Thanks Matthew What is the ToR1.2k.ea?
It's a MTF ADX dashboard indicator.

Johannes7 May 15, 2019 5:17am | Post# 839

{quote} It's a MTF ADX dashboard indicator.
I have the EAX MTF ADX pin. Because the name was different that's why I was asking.

S.Wladimir May 15, 2019 8:33pm | Post# 840

2 Attachment(s)
So far there is still nothing that has proven itself effective in such a situation, although I am still open to ideas.
One idea.
The combination of the Pivot and the strength of the currency .
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=532236
Tests these advisers have shown . The price indicator reaches a certain value . The EA opens a trade: for example, buy, but the price bounces and goes in the opposite direction / basically / . Dashbosrd Fibo v_3 opened a trade, the trade is still open . / opening beautifully / ...
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190516-033257.png
Size: 175 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: IMG_20190516_075618_922.jpg
Size: 84 KB

© Forex Factory