Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   SDTR Strategy Part II (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=864690)

MianAamer Apr 9, 2019 1:05am | Post# 741

{quote} @MianAamer -- near the top of the Input settings you'll see one called "allow Trading". Make sure that is set to 'true'.
Thanks @robots4me, it is set to 'true'

chrisdk2017 Apr 9, 2019 2:24am | Post# 742

{quote} Hi Mrdfx, Thank you very much for sharing the details. The current version you published is 1.26 & the version available in the shared website is 1.23 Can you please help share the mq4 for 1.26 as I see many improvements are there in this latest version and I want to do few modification in Trailing SL.
Please PM me with the details, thank you.

aid171 Apr 9, 2019 9:32am | Post# 743

Entry after hourly green candle close above red open. SL below set up green candle.

mrdfx Apr 9, 2019 10:45am | Post# 744

{quote} Hi Mrdfx, Thank you very much for sharing the details. The current version you published is 1.26 & the version available in the shared website is 1.23 Can you please help share the mq4 for 1.26 as I see many improvements are there in this latest version and I want to do few modification in Trailing SL.
v1.26 was released by chrisdk2017 with the pivots. Perhaps send him a PM.

mrdfx Apr 9, 2019 10:50am | Post# 745

@mrdfx -- I've been running the EA for a little over a day and it seems to working (28 pairs, M30 time frame), though not too many trades. I understand the meaning of most of the columns -- except for 'Age'. Sorry if this has already been covered, but I've been searching and can't find an explanation. My 'Age' column is only gray cells, whereas the other columns are a mix of red, green, or gray. What is the purpose of the 'Age' column -- is it a filter and can it be disabled? Thanks...
robots4me You will only get a signals once all the criteria of the strategy match, so some days there might be no signals, and other days many, it all depends on the market.

As for age that is a filter for the age of the signal. In the inputs you can select how long after a new signal appears it remains valid. If you set 1 then after 1 hr the signal will be invalid.

Pips works the same way but counting in pips instead of hrs.

robots4me Apr 9, 2019 12:17pm | Post# 746

In the inputs you can select how long after a new signal appears it remains valid. If you set 1 then after 1 hr the signal will be invalid.
@mrdfx -- got it -- thank you...

Arabier Apr 9, 2019 6:20pm | Post# 747

1 Attachment(s)
@mrdfx

Latest version of EA downloaded and installed .

1. EA ver 1.26 shows MA 15. Rules state to use EMA 10
2. EU & EG trade setups are valid, but EA does not show validity in column
3. EA did not send out alert, although alert setting is on true

Please look into these points.

Click to Enlarge

Name: CHFJPYH1.png
Size: 23 KB

ChicagoRob Apr 9, 2019 6:32pm | Post# 748

@mrdfx Latest version of EA downloaded and installed . 1. EA ver 1.26 shows MA 15. Rules state to use EMA 10 2. EU & EG trade setups are valid, but EA does not show validity in column 3. EA did not send out alert, although alert setting is on true Please look into these points. {image}
The answer is in the upper right-hand corner.

Arabier Apr 9, 2019 7:15pm | Post# 749

{quote} The answer is in the upper right-hand corner.
I've never used the EA for auto trading, but use it for the alerts and then do manual trading. All the time, the EA responded correctly by showing and giving alerts. Previous version did work correctly.

Please advise which MA is correct? MA 15 as per EA or EMA 10 as per the rules.

vprabhu Apr 9, 2019 11:56pm | Post# 750

{quote} Please PM me with the details, thank you.
Hi Chrisdk2017,

I don't have option to send PM. Can you suggest any alternate way to contact you.

chrisdk2017 Apr 10, 2019 4:27am | Post# 751

@mrdfx Latest version of EA downloaded and installed . 1. EA ver 1.26 shows MA 15. Rules state to use EMA 10 2. EU & EG trade setups are valid, but EA does not show validity in column 3. EA did not send out alert, although alert setting is on true Please look into these points. {image}
MA 15 is a display issue, the calculation is using ma 10.

If it does not say Buy or Sell it is not valid.

These issues were in the original code and has not been fixed.

Reasons for not valid trades: reentry filter, spread or time.

These are not displayed in the overview.

chrisdk2017 Apr 10, 2019 4:28am | Post# 752

{quote} Hi Chrisdk2017, I don't have option to send PM. Can you suggest any alternate way to contact you.
Why don't you write your trailing proposal here, I don't want to put my personal email address on a forum.

vprabhu Apr 10, 2019 4:53am | Post# 753

{quote} Why don't you write your trailing proposal here, I don't want to put my personal email address on a forum.
I have sent you PM now.

robots4me Apr 10, 2019 8:06am | Post# 754

@chrisdk2017 -- I was able to build the EA from the Github sources. However, it seems to be missing that nice, bluish statistics window and also the listing of current positions. Would you consider sharing the source for those features and any bug fixes you've made. I like the way the EA is performing and if I can help with any improvements then I would, of course, share those with whoever was interested. Thanks...

chrisdk2017 Apr 10, 2019 8:12am | Post# 755

1 Attachment(s)
@chrisdk2017 -- I was able to build the EA from the Github sources. However, it seems to be missing that nice, bluish statistics window and also the listing of current positions. Would you consider sharing the source for those features and any bug fixes you've made. I like the way the EA is performing and if I can help with any improvements then I would, of course, share those with whoever was interested. Thanks...
See if you can build this one.
sdtr.zip

robots4me Apr 10, 2019 5:05pm | Post# 756

See if you can build this one.
@chrisdk2017 -- yes, it builds and works. It was missing one file, though -- AnalyseSymbol.mqh -- which I grabbed from the GitHub sources. I'm a very happy camper -- thank you...

alexis12 Apr 11, 2019 4:31am | Post# 757

{quote} Yes. Your TE showing really good result, @mrdfx
hi sir, i want your ea who use one year ao one pips tp sl. can u give me?

robots4me Apr 11, 2019 6:11am | Post# 758

A question about SL and TP -- sorry if this has been addressed in an earlier post. Are the SL and TP "hidden" -- i.e. implemented only while the EA is executing (and not registered with the broker)? The reason I ask is because the 'Trade' tab shows the SL and TP as '0' for open positions.

chrisdk2017 Apr 11, 2019 6:46am | Post# 759

A question about SL and TP -- sorry if this has been addressed in an earlier post. Are the SL and TP "hidden" -- i.e. implemented only while the EA is executing (and not registered with the broker)? The reason I ask is because the 'Trade' tab shows the SL and TP as '0' for open positions.
Hidden, yes.

robots4me Apr 11, 2019 11:18am | Post# 760

Hidden, yes.
@chrisdk2017 -- thanks for your answer.

Another question -- I'd like to move the EA to another account but there are still a number of open positions. If I set ''allow Trading" to 'false' will the EA continue to manage the open orders (i.e. SL and TP) without opening any new ones? If not, is there a way to gracefully shut things down without manually closing?

And another question -- as a US client I'm sort of limited to the number and types of accounts I can open. One of my accounts is with OANDA, which does not allow hedging and strictly follows FIFO rules. Do you know (or think) these constraints will affect the performance of the EA? I'm running it anyways and will learn shortly, I guess, but I was curious what you would say. Thanks very much...

© Forex Factory