Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   SDTR Strategy Part II (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=864690)

mrdfx Jan 2, 2019 12:41pm | Post# 1

SDTR Strategy Part II

4 Attachment(s)
Hello guys a very happy new year to you and I wish you a prosperous and profitable 2019!

As its a new year and to new beginnings, I thought its a good idea to reboot the Simple Daily Trend Reversal strategy and start a new thread.

The first thread was very successful when it started in 2017, and also in 2018 with over 224 pages, 4463 posts, and over 1.3m views! We had many great developments, and we learned a lot. You can find the first Simple Daily Trend Reversal thread here:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=713593

As there were so many posts, pages, and new developments to the strategy, this new thread will serve as a continuation, also saving most lazy members from reading through the whole thread to be up to date.

I will try to post regularly as time allows me, and post valid set ups according to the strategy rules.

In 2018 an EA was developed which had initial success, but over a longer period of time, the lack of human intervention and human intuition was its weakness, and it failed to be profitable long term, however I have attached the most recent version and set file which you can test on demo if you like. I would advise not allowing auto trading with this version unless on demo, and to only use the EA for the signals, and then confirm first before opening an order.

I am still open to another EA being created, I do believe its possible for this strategy to be automated successfully, this will be a challenge, but challenges are possible.

Ok here is the strategy rules! This strategy is based off of trading trend reversals. It requires you to be very patient, and calm as confirmed set ups are few, but when there is a confirmed set up it will be profitable most of the time. There are 4 main indicators that are used for this strategy.

We will trade mainly on H1 chart, although H4, and D1 time frames can also be traded successfully.

It is very important to make sure that all the indicators are in agreement for a confirmation of a trade, if not then it will reduce your probability of success.

Setting the SL & TP levels is a personal choice. For me when I do set a SL, I would normally set my SL at the previous swing high or swing low (previous ZigZag Arrow) and, check the pivot levels. I also pay close attention to price action. The TP can either be a fixed target (+50-100 pips depending on time frame traded) or using Fibonacci retractment, ADR %, or when there is a new confirmed opposite signal to get maximum pips. You can also set a trailing stop after a predetermined min amount of pips made, and then move SL to BE etc. I will monitor the price action the majority of the time, and get out if I see the trend is changing, and a new reversal forming. Please see below the trade rules:

Rules to buy:

1. A green ZigZag Arrow will appear and be within the pivot level zone (0-25 pips) levels, S61, S78, S100 only!
  2. The Turbo JSRX indicator was/is in the oversold zone (Below the 30% level) and indicating a green uptrend.
  3. When the candle crosses, and closes above the 10 EMA up from below, and only if the trade is still confirmed by the 3 indicators.

Rules to sell:

1. A red ZigZag Arrow will appear and be within the pivot level zone (0-25 pips) levels, R61, R78, R100 only!
  2. The Turbo JSRX indicator was/is in the overbought zone (Above the 70% level) and indicating a red down trend.
  3. When the candle crosses, and closes below the 10 EMA down from above, and only if the trade is still confirmed by the 3 indicators.

So only when all 3 indicators have confirmed a valid trade, and are all in 100% agreement with each other according to the rules, and the candle crosses, and closes above or below the 10 EMA, an order is validated, and opened.

It is also very important to monitor price action. Sometimes there will be a big fast move with the current candle shooting through the EMA, in that case I would not wait for the current candle to close, and I would enter straight away to catch the rest of the move. Do this at your own discretion!

This strategy works, and I encourage all of you guys to try this strategy and please share your results with us. I know that this strategy can be very profitable for everyone. For now let us enjoy trading, and collecting more pips from the market!

Please only post screenshots of charts using the template provided so as not to confuse anyone.

Please be polite and respectful to all members, and lets keep the thread on topic! If you cannot follow these simple guidelines you will be removed. If you have a good idea or proposal that can improve on the strategy post it with an explanation to validate your proposal.

Please subscribe to keep updated with all latest developments of this strategy, give your feedback, and lets all enjoy success from this strategy. Green pips to you all, cheers!
SDTR Strategy.zip
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 14.11.52.png
Size: 180 KB
SDTR EA Set Files.zip
Simple Daily Trend Reversal v1.27.ex4.zip

halvarado89 Jan 2, 2019 2:36pm | Post# 2

Hello guys a very happy new year to you and I wish you a prosperous and profitable 2019! As its a new year and to new beginnings, I thought its a good idea to reboot the Simple Daily Trend Reversal strategy and start a new thread. The first thread was very successful when it started in 2017, and also in 2018 with over 224 pages, 4463 posts, and over 1.3m views! We had many great developments, and we learned a lot. You can find the original Simple Daily Trend Reversal thread here: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=713593...
Hi MRDFX, thank you for the new thread and the explanation of the strategy, just one question, so far which pairs have been the best for this strategy?

Thank you!

mrdfx Jan 2, 2019 3:13pm | Post# 3

{quote} Hi MRDFX, thank you for the new thread and the explanation of the strategy, just one question, so far which pairs have been the best for this strategy? Thank you!
Personally I only trade 15 pairs, all pairs except NZD & CHF, never liked trading them, but feel free to experiment with an pairs you like as it works on basically everything.

Some guys from the previous thread had good success trading this strategy with Gold, and indices etc.

matthew89 Jan 2, 2019 3:52pm | Post# 4

{quote} Personally I only trade 15 pairs, all pairs except NZD & CHF, never liked trading them, but feel free to experiment with an pairs you like as it works on basically everything. Some guys from the previous thread had good success trading this strategy with Gold, and indices etc.
Thanks for starting this new thread continuing your previous thread, definitely subscribed, be interested to see where this thread goes. Could you please just state exactly what 15 pairs you use with this system?

Erebus Jan 2, 2019 4:31pm | Post# 5

AUDCAD, AUDJPY, AUDUSD, CADJPY, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY

leaves out

AUDCHF, AUDNZD, CADCHF, CHFJPY, EURCHF, EURNZD, GBPCHF, GBPNZD, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, NZDJPY, NZDUSD, USDCHF

out of the 7 majors and 21 minors, just my wild guess

jamco388 Jan 2, 2019 7:02pm | Post# 6

Congrat for starting new threads.Happy new year

9money Jan 3, 2019 6:50am | Post# 7

mrdfx Thank sir.

You've just mastered that.

mrdfx Jan 3, 2019 7:33am | Post# 8

{quote} Thanks for starting this new thread continuing your previous thread, definitely subscribed, be interested to see where this thread goes. Could you please just state exactly what 15 pairs you use with this system?
AUDCAD, AUDJPY, AUDUSD, CADJPY, EURAUD, EURCAD, EURGBP, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPCAD, GBPJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY leaves out AUDCHF, AUDNZD, CADCHF, CHFJPY, EURCHF, EURNZD, GBPCHF, GBPNZD, NZDCAD, NZDCHF, NZDJPY, NZDUSD, USDCHF out of the 7 majors and 21 minors, just my wild guess
Yes that's correct, all the pairs except NZD, and CHF.

Now that's not to say that the strategy doesn't work on NZD and CHF pairs, its just a personal choice for me not to trade them.

mrdfx Jan 3, 2019 7:37am | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a valid signal that came up last night on EU.
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU - H1.png
Size: 168 KB

daywalker654 Jan 3, 2019 7:56am | Post# 10

Hello mrdfx, guys,
Happy new year!
I use the strategy for some time and its promising. Is there any explanation file for the EA? Some of the inputs are not quite self explanatory?
thanks in advance

mrdfx Jan 3, 2019 8:33am | Post# 11

Hello mrdfx, guys, Happy new year! I use the strategy for some time and its promising. Is there any explanation file for the EA? Some of the inputs are not quite self explanatory? thanks in advance
There is a PDF in the first thread, but the current version has evolved a bit since the developer of the EA created it.

You can search the first thread paperclip and download the PDF to get familiar or post your questions here, but I do recommend that you do not trade the EA live, only on demo.

mrdfx Jan 3, 2019 10:40am | Post# 12

Here's a valid signal that came up last night on EU. {image}
EU signal is in profit +50 pips.

halvarado89 Jan 3, 2019 11:35am | Post# 13

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone!,

I made these three trades of which I think that two were valid, but just wanted to get your opinion
Valid Trade 1 - GBPAUD
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 155 KB

Valid Trade 2 - EURAUD
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 146 KB

Trade not valid (but I took mistaking the candle)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 125 KB

Cheers

Arkangela Jan 3, 2019 11:41am | Post# 14

Hi mrdfx,

I don't understand why the Buy trade of your example in the first post is a valid trade. Price is far from R61,R78 R100 lines

Regards

mrdfx Jan 3, 2019 12:17pm | Post# 15

Hi Everyone!, I made these three trades of which I think that two were valid, but just wanted to get your opinion Valid Trade 1 - GBPAUD {image} Valid Trade 2 - EURAUD {image} Trade not valid (but I took mistaking the candle) {image} Cheers
Looks good halvarado89!

mcphrant Jan 3, 2019 1:01pm | Post# 16

Hi mrdfx, I don't understand why the Buy trade of your example in the first post is a valid trade. Price is far from R61,R78 R100 lines Regards
'Patience exercised'. Because he is taking the buy trade from support i.e. S61, S78 etc.. Sell trades are taken from resistance R61, R78 etc. Read the rules again.

fxtrain Jan 3, 2019 6:05pm | Post# 17

Hi Everyone!, I made these three trades of which I think that two were valid, but just wanted to get your opinion Valid Trade 1 - GBPAUD {image} Valid Trade 2 - EURAUD {image} Trade not valid (but I took mistaking the candle) {image} Cheers
Can someone tell me why trade 3 is not valid? Itís came up from s100, jrsx turns green coming up from 30, and closed above 10ema.
Thanks

halvarado89 Jan 3, 2019 6:44pm | Post# 18

{quote} Can someone tell me why trade 3 is not valid? Itís came up from s100, jrsx turns green coming up from 30, and closed above 10ema. Thanks
My main reason is that the candle is not big enough and it has bigger wicks than the body so it's more like an indecision candle rather than a confirmation one... but I'm new at this so maybe someone else have a better explanation.... and maybe it really was a valid setup and it was just a trade that went south.

halvarado89 Jan 3, 2019 8:05pm | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
I just took a trade, EURCAD 1H
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 156 KB

fxtrain Jan 3, 2019 8:28pm | Post# 20

I just took a trade, EURCAD 1H {image}
Iím with you on that one Bro!

© Forex Factory