Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   Currenex and MT4? (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/8644-currenex-and-mt4)

BenQ Oct 3, 2006 3:58pm | Post# 1

Currenex and MT4?

Can I trade with MT4 at Currenex? I can't tell by looking at their website what platforms are available. www.currenex.com Thanks.

ngdaniel Oct 3, 2006 5:07pm | Post# 2

Can I trade with MT4 at Currenex? I can't tell by looking at their website what platforms are available. www.currenex.com Thanks.
From what I've been told by brokers, MT4 is using a currenex feed. I have access to the currenex java platform and must say that you are better off with an MT4 platform that resides on your computer.

BenQ Oct 3, 2006 5:12pm | Post# 3

Yes, I want to stay with MT4, but I need to know if I can trade it currenex -- not just the feed, but at currenex.

From what I've been told by brokers, MT4 is using a currenex feed. I have access to the currenex java platform and must say that you are better off with an MT4 platform that resides on your computer.

Darkstar Oct 3, 2006 5:14pm | Post# 4

Yes, I want to stay with MT4, but I need to know if I can trade it currenex -- not just the feed, but at currenex.
You can't.

avlasov Oct 3, 2006 5:17pm | Post# 5

fx

Hello,

Currenex is a technology company that facilitates credit relationships; therefore, in order to trade on our platform, you would need to have either a prime broker or direct credit with a bank. To see a list of prime brokers and our white label partners who are currently using our platform, click on the link below.

http://www.currenex.com/about<wbr>_us_partners.html

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

-Alex V

BenQ Oct 3, 2006 5:32pm | Post# 6

Can I PM you, please?

Hello,

Currenex is a technology company that facilitates credit relationships; therefore, in order to trade on our platform, you would need to have either a prime broker or direct credit with a bank. To see a list of prime brokers and our white label partners who are currently using our platform, click on the link below.

http://www.currenex.com/about<WBR>_us_partners.html

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

-Alex V

GMaster Jul 5, 2007 2:47pm | Post# 7

Currenex + MT4

In the recent past - only one broker (how I know) connected excellently Currenex datafeed and MT4. It was UGMFX. Results? Really professional floating spread (most of all pairs – NOT MAIN ONLY – 0-5 pips). Unfortunately now it’s not working. For more information we can warm up discussion there

GMaster

Moe Jul 5, 2007 7:37pm | Post# 8

if you want to trade currenex with mt-4 then go to atcbrokers.com they will set you up, click on forexpro

Trader KGB Jul 5, 2007 7:52pm | Post# 9

if you want to trade currenex with mt-4 then go to atcbrokers.com they will set you up, click on forexpro
Have you traded with them before? They don't publish their Pro package commission rate online, I'll call them tomorrow. I wonder if it competes with IB's $20/million or VCap's $30/million.

jest1081 Jul 5, 2007 8:06pm | Post# 10

Hi there,

Anyone knows how i can gt my hands on a user guide on how to use currenex?

cheers

Singh Jul 5, 2007 8:13pm | Post# 11

http://www.atcbrokers.com/downloads/...er%20Guide.pdf

Hi there,

Anyone knows how i can gt my hands on a user guide on how to use currenex?

cheers

jest1081 Jul 5, 2007 8:44pm | Post# 12

thanks!

jest1081 Jul 5, 2007 10:01pm | Post# 13

hmm i cant set a trail...lol. sorry still noob with this platform.

those experienced with currenex, how do we maximise the use of currenex say if we are looking to do something similar trailing stops? Seems to be i can only utilise stop loss. And done orders could not be modified? Can i sequentially increase stops for ESP orders?

Moe Jul 5, 2007 10:41pm | Post# 14

Have you traded with them before? They don't publish their Pro package commission rate online, I'll call them tomorrow. I wonder if it competes with IB's $20/million or VCap's $30/million.
it's $10 round turn on 100,000, so vcap is $60 rt on 1mio and atcbrokers is $100 rt on 1mio, this is only on there mt-4 / currenex pltaform, its cheaper if you just use currenex platform without mt-4.

Trader KGB Jul 6, 2007 12:34am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
it's $10 round turn on 100,000, so vcap is $60 rt on 1mio and atcbrokers is $100 rt on 1mio, this is only on there mt-4 / currenex pltaform, its cheaper if you just use currenex platform without mt-4.
Thanks. Do you know how much cheaper it is if just using Currenex alone? Or HotspotFXi alone?

I'm unfamiliar with Currenex's average spread. Right now I'm demoing HS FXi and the spreads are simply amazing. Oftentimes it's 0.4 - 1 pip or less on majors and 1 pip or less on non-majors. Seeing a >2pip spread on anything is rare. See attached, current spreads at 12:30am EST. 0.4 pip on the majors, heck 0.4 pip on NZDUSD (!) and 1 pip on NZDJPY. How does Currenex compare with this?
Name:  HSFXi.PNG
Views: 3557
Size:  22 KB

dimmi Jul 6, 2007 12:53am | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
What is the commission and min. deposit requirements (and min. trade requirements) with HotSpotFXi?

Here are currenex quotes for the time of this post...

***EDIT*** This is REAL PRICING not a Demo feed.. they can be different
Click to Enlarge

Name: curre.jpg
Size: 51 KB

Trader KGB Jul 6, 2007 1:26am | Post# 17

Wow, talk about a world of difference (Currenex vs HS FXi). So Currenex doesn't even quote in sub-pip values?

Trader KGB Jul 6, 2007 1:32am | Post# 18

What is the commission and min. deposit requirements (and min. trade requirements) with HotSpotFXi?
Well there are two different services through HotSpot. FXr is their retail service, and supposedly the spreads/depth are not the same as FXi, their institutional service. I'm going to sign-up for the retail demo and do a side-by-side comparison.

FXi is not available directly from HotSpot nor via traditional retail accounts. You'd have to setup a prime broker account. I was previously looking into Vcapfutures.com, their minimum for a prime account is $250k. atcbrokers' forex pro service shows a $50k minimum, which is quite surprising. Vcap offers access to EBS and a few other platforms (Baxter, FXall) which gives them an edge currently.

Commissions are set by your IB, in vcap's case, $30/million. No mention on the website of a trade minimum. The FXi demo allows orders as low as 1 standard lot ($100k). However, in talking with another trader, he mentions the institutions on FXi won't look at anything less than 1MM bcu trades.

Moe Jul 6, 2007 2:04am | Post# 19

ok here's the deal, if you use currenex its the same $30-$35 per mio, right now they don't take u.s. client for the hotspotfxi platform, you can open an account with them for $10,000, hotspotfi spreads or better then currenex i.m.o.

Moe Jul 6, 2007 2:09am | Post# 20

vcapfutures offer more.

© Forex Factory