Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Gorilla Method (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=851093)

Dogalot7 Mar 13, 2019 8:51am | Post# 7001

Thanks Dogalot7 info much appreciated. Over the long term how profitable have you found the system?
Personally - I am not able to trade it - the time frame to start is about the time I need to get to bed, and I have a full-time 8-5 job. But looking at the postings when the thread was active it seemed to work out fairly well... It makes for a systematic approach - like any system, money management is the most important. I have a small account, and the few trades I did get to place, did ok. I trade micro lots. As I mentioned, I use(d) trailing stops due to the lack of ability to 'watch' them.

I did participate in the EA testing. It worked on some pairs better than others. I should say the EA was not completely adhering to the rules. Had a few extra things that the programmer had used in previous EA’s that he liked and was well worth being added for an EA.

taghiabadi Mar 23, 2019 8:33pm | Post# 7002

I think the strategy is very good. And I wonder why you did not continue !!!!!!!!!

Lion20 Apr 2, 2019 8:00pm | Post# 7003

who knows cm7 blog?

Hutch Apr 3, 2019 8:03am | Post# 7004

{quote} Using God for scamming people just infuriates me.
Sorry to say but this is one of the reasons I quit believing in God. The way I see it most religions are scams but some are way worse than others.

anhthu049 May 18, 2019 10:20am | Post# 7005

{quote} One day we can drink coffee with other friends in Vietnam
Hope to meet you in Vietnam and invite you to the most special cup of coffee. Thank you for sharing the method and the experience. I am learning trading knowledge from your sharing!

anhthu049 May 21, 2019 9:12am | Post# 7006

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hope to meet you in Vietnam and invite you to the most special cup of coffee. Thank you for sharing the method and the experience. I am learning trading knowledge from your sharing!
I tried the Gorilla method. I have no experience in the forex market, but I find this method easy to use because I just wait for a beautiful moment to appear, clearly following the rules before deciding on the order. Thank you for sharing this strategy with the author!
Click to Enlarge

Name: G1.png
Size: 82 KB

Dogalot7 May 21, 2019 10:22am | Post# 7007

{quote} I tried the Gorilla method. I have no experience in the forex market, but I find this method easy to use because I just wait for a beautiful moment to appear, clearly following the rules before deciding on the order. Thank you for sharing this strategy with the author! {image}
Good Job...

braveh4rt Jun 9, 2019 3:42am | Post# 7008

Hi to All Gorilla,

Where are you?

is the party still exists?

i like the naming and the story of Gorilla for this method, even its just a Pivot + MA strategy.

The story is interesting.

COmar.FX Jun 24, 2019 5:18pm | Post# 7009

2 Attachment(s)
Hi to All Gorilla, Where are you? is the party still exists? i like the naming and the story of Gorilla for this method, even its just a Pivot + MA strategy. The story is interesting.
youup... you are right, The story is interesting...
like this...

the time frame Trading Gorila Method is 1 hour....
with the IFX_KeySystemTren_G indicator,..
we can trade in the H4 Time Frame to 1m with Base measurement H1 time frame.

and I add
1. Arrows for easy entry according to the Rule
2. 100 SMA to find out the strength of trend changes
3. Trendline and channels for viewing limits
Entry Rules for Buy: (Tuesday - Friday)

1. Today's pivot is bigger than yesterday's Pivot.
2. All EMA 30,15,4 positions are above Pivot .
3. Must be prepared in front of a laptop from 07.00 Jakarta time.
4. Entry buy if the price returns to EMA 30.
5. The target is R3 but this position can be closed if the last 4 candles cannot penetrate upwards while the New York market is immediately closed.
No need to take risks to get bigger profits because in R3 usually a lot of traders will take profits (meaning the price will correct upwards and your profits will decrease).
6. Stop loss is 30 pips and you can Exit if EMA 4 crosses Ema 15 down.

Entry Rules for Sell: (Tuesday - Friday)

1. Vice versa with the purchase rules above.

Happy Trading All....
Click to Enlarge

Name: 0.png
Size: 41 KB
IFX_KeySystemTrend_G - CoEXP.ex4

RimJim Jun 24, 2019 5:21pm | Post# 7010

Beautiful story.. Thank you Sir...

COmar.FX Jun 24, 2019 5:38pm | Post# 7011

Beautiful story.. Thank you Sir...
Wellcome Beautiful smile,,, good day RimJim...

Dogalot7 Jun 25, 2019 8:28am | Post# 7012

YES!!! Thanks for the rejuvenation!!!

It is a good basic model.

I look forward to trying out the ex4 -- thanks!!!

ricki72 Jun 25, 2019 8:45am | Post# 7013

Is anyone still following his "Dragon" paid signal service??

RimJim Jun 27, 2019 3:44am | Post# 7014

Is anyone still following his "Dragon" paid signal service??
You look like very senior member here and still looking forward to hire paid signal service ??

ricki72 Jun 27, 2019 4:12am | Post# 7015

{quote} You look like very senior member here and still looking forward to hire paid signal service ??
Beeing in a forum for a long time doesnīt make me automatically a good trader

No Iīm not interested in this paid signal service .
I just wanted to know if his service still works, because i bet it doesnīt. His 20 members must have run away... since nobody answers here.

I just find it incredible what this guy did here. Audacius, impertinent, insolent, ... I dont find the right words. He cheated his communitiy.

(Sorry for my english, itīs not my native language)

Mini7260 Jun 27, 2019 9:18am | Post# 7016

{quote} youup... you are right, The story is interesting... like this... the time frame Trading Gorila Method is 1 hour.... with the IFX_KeySystemTren_G indicator,.. we can trade in the H4 Time Frame to 1m with Base measurement H1 time frame. and I add 1. Arrows for easy entry according to the Rule 2. 100 SMA to find out the strength of trend changes 3. Trendline and channels for viewing limits Entry Rules for Buy: (Tuesday - Friday) 1. Today's pivot is bigger than yesterday's Pivot. 2. All EMA 30,15,4 positions are above Pivot . 3. Must be prepared...
Hi COmar

Thak you for sharing this indicator.
Can you add an option to show or not to show arrows?
Thank you.

Mzantsi Jun 30, 2019 4:46am | Post# 7017

Glad to see this page has people talking again. I love the Gorilla method and have had success with it. I have made a few twicks to it to my personality and trading style.

Tr7 Jul 7, 2019 5:02am | Post# 7018

Mzants
What tweaks have you made? I am also experimenting with this method and have made some slight adjustments to entry and exit levels to see if it improves profits.

Mzantsi Jul 23, 2019 10:02am | Post# 7019

I have taken out rule 3, added a multi time frame indicator to show what is happening on the weekly and the monthly graphs. I only trade when I have more 2 more candles on the weekly and monthly.

Eg only trade Sell when the weekly and monthly graphs have two or more red candles. Opposite for buy trades

Hutch Jul 24, 2019 5:12am | Post# 7020

I have taken out rule 3, added a multi time frame indicator to show what is happening on the weekly and the monthly graphs. I only trade when I have more 2 more candles on the weekly and monthly. Eg only trade Sell when the weekly and monthly graphs have two or more red candles. Opposite for buy trades
Since the original Gorilla Method is supposed to be traded on H1 I fail to understand why W1 and MN would help you. As for me I only look at the next higher time frame H4.

© Forex Factory