Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Gorilla Method (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=851093)

Cm7 Dec 1, 2018 10:49pm | Post# 681

Hey Gorillas! I know its been said many times already, but a big thanks again to CM7! ... you are very inspiring and generous, and Im loving the style and discipline of the Gorilla System! Im only a novice trader (with a day job like many of you), but im working hard to try and master the approach and contribute so that I can achieve my goals for my family. Its very exciting to actually learn a system instead of just following along with signals, but I think I have much to learn ;-) Super pumped for next week!, so I have been getting some rest and...
Thank you bro,

My pleasure,

It looks like you are fulfilling the main requirement to become a successful trader because you are a humble trader. I am 100% sure that you will succeed in the forex market in the next 3 years as long as you obey the rules. The Gorilla method rarely makes transactions because getting a VS sometimes takes a long time. That's the reason why you have to be patient (and it seems you are indeed a patient). Most likely you keep a dog.

Regards

Cm7 Dec 1, 2018 11:15pm | Post# 682

gm CM bro, Can you write a growth idea for 1000 dollar account to show as example where Gorilla can take us if we stick with Gorilla for next 2 to 3 years? Thanks sk
Nice idea bro,

With an initial deposit of $ 1,000, this is what happens if you only focus on 7 pairs. Transactions in a week, from 6 November to 9 November 2018 ( 4 days).
Actually you only need to see results in 3 month to be able to predict results in 3 years. With the money you have, then you can marry a beautiful wife, and make her happy by taking her around the world 2 times a year.

Cm7 Dec 1, 2018 11:48pm | Post# 683

1 Attachment(s)
gm CM bro, Can you write a growth idea for 1000 dollar account to show as example where Gorilla can take us if we stick with Gorilla for next 2 to 3 years? Thanks sk

With an initial capital of $ 1,000, and a 10% risk per day divided equally into 7 pairs, each entry per pair uses $ 1,000 x 10%: 7 pair = $ 14.

By transacting from Nov. 6 to Nov. 9 (4 days), the initial capital of $ 1,000 grew to $ 1,081. There is an increase of 8% per week.
Click to Enlarge

Name: gorillaexcell.png
Size: 40 KB

Cm7 Dec 1, 2018 11:56pm | Post# 684

Every time you make 1 transaction, the risk is 1.42% of capital.

It turns out that trading on the forex market can produce 8% a week or about 32% a month. With a note that the risk is 10% and still must be divided into 7 pairs. So actually the risk borne by each pair is 10%: 7 = 1.42%.

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 12:17am | Post# 685

So now we can predict what will happen with an initial capital of $ 1,000 in the next 4 months.
1st Month ,$ 1,000 x 32% = profit of $ 320.
2nd, $1,320 x 32% = profit of $ 422
3rd3, $ 1,742 x 32% = profit of $ 557
4th, $ 2,299 x 32% = profit of $ 736

Thus the forex market can help us to grow our $ 1,000 to $ 3,035 in 4 months.

It seems that the growth is not too big but the most important thing is that our money increases and stays safe with small risk.

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 12:21am | Post# 686

Is the example above enough to satisfy you bro?

SKLearn Dec 2, 2018 2:38am | Post# 687

{quote} Is the example above enough to satisfy you bro?
awesome bro. sure it is.

thank you

sk

Penguinthief Dec 2, 2018 3:55am | Post# 688

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} That last trade is not a valid entry. 4ema is wrong for entry. Chris
At the point of that candle, EMA4 was still above EMA15. Equally, the candle before 'came close' to EMA30, so may have been classed as a trade itself?

Name:  Screenshot1.png
Views: 947
Size:  18 KB

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 3:56am | Post# 689

{quote} awesome bro. sure it is. thank you sk
My pleasure.
Always remember that the risk of each transaction is 1.5% of the capital, so your account will always be healthy and grow.

Regards

uloomira Dec 2, 2018 4:31am | Post# 690

{quote} Welcome bro, Hope you feel at home Regards
No cm7, am a lady. Guess few ladies are here.

SKLearn Dec 2, 2018 5:11am | Post# 691

{quote} At the point of that candle, EMA4 was still above EMA15. Equally, the candle before 'came close' to EMA30, so may have been classed as a trade itself? {image}
it is valid buy per rule.

Penguinthief Dec 2, 2018 5:13am | Post# 692

4 Attachment(s)
So now we can predict what will happen with an initial capital of $ 1,000 in the next 4 months. 1st Month ,$ 1,000 x 32% = profit of $ 320. 2nd, $1,320 x 32% = profit of $ 422 3rd3, $ 1,742 x 32% = profit of $ 557 4th, $ 2,299 x 32% = profit of $ 736 Thus the forex market can help us to grow our $ 1,000 to $ 3,035 in 4 months. It seems that the growth is not too big but the most important thing is that our money increases and stays safe with small risk.
Sorry dude but these look based on best case scenario; 32% per month consistently is absolutely insane and unsustainable and to base a few months/years on 4 days of trading isn't really worthwhile.. I'll show the maths and testing below.

Firstly, let's do some best-case presumptive testing.

Here is the base test on EURUSD for the last year to give us something to work from. We'll take it that every currency performs to this level (which is untrue...EURUSD does well here). This is using static 0.01 lots, but gives us the basis for going forwards. We're using standard rules, reaching S3/R3 as target, closing trades at EMA4/15 cross, and price has to reach within 1 pip of EMA30 for trade entry:
Attachment 3114843

So, things to pull from this. Firstly, it's profitable over last year so congrats.

For the maths though:
84 trades in a year (approx 260 trading days in a year), so we'll average it at 0.25 trades per day (the conservative approach).
Average win is 4.46, loss is -1.48. Win:Loss ratio is 4.46:1.48 = 3
We win 35% of the time

I've made an Excel to take this information, into which the above should already be in. Enter the data above into the left box (as well as our starting balance and risk percentage).

If we do so, we win 0.12468265% per day on this one currency. If we then multiply this by 7 currency pairs, we make roughly 4.4% per week Congrats everyone, we're millionaires within 3.5(ish) years!

All good so far... but what can go wrong?

Firstly, our 1.5% risk is difficult to always achieve with such a small starting bank. An adjustment of 0.01 lots could throw us from 1.4 to 1.7 or something for example.
Secondly, not every pair performs like EURUSD.
Third, not every year performs like 2018.
Fourth, with % based trading, the result of having 5 losses followed by 5 wins is not the same as 5 wins followed by 5 losses, and with a 35% win ratio, we're getting some heavy negative runs.

So next, let's test our theory on EURUSD. According to our excel, after 1 year of trading (on rules based on this currency), we should have $1382 in the bank. Let's test on last year:
Attachment 3114847

Not bad, we end up with $1240. This is the effect of point four from above, as everything else has been simulated from this currency. Still, 24% increase in 1 year is nothing to be snuffed at! Let's try the same settings, same currency, over the last 4 years (the years it takes to become a multi-millionaire using this strategy). From our excel, using just the 1 currency pair over 4 years we should then have $3600+ in the bank:

Attachment 3114852

Ah shit, turns out 2014 and 2017 were terrible years for us. By the end of 2014, we were 15% down rather than 24% up! By the end of these, we have $1560 ($2000 less than we should!).

Later on, I'll code my EA to work across 7 currencies at once and we can do an actual backtest of the last 4 years to see how our realistic winnings compare to the millions assumed!
Forex.xlsx

Blackeagle Dec 2, 2018 5:36am | Post# 693

{quote} ... We're using standard rules, reaching S3/R3 as target, closing trades at EMA4/15 cross, and price has to reach within 1 pip of EMA30 for trade entry: ....
Does your EA also close trades when NY session closes?

Regards,
Blackeagle

Penguinthief Dec 2, 2018 5:39am | Post# 694

{quote} Does your EA also close trades when NY session closes? Regards, Blackeagle
Nope, good point. Will code that in tonight/tomorrow also. With this rule, what if my entry satisfies an open trade 1 hour before the NY session ends? Or 2? Do we have a cut-off as for when to stop opening trades?

Blackeagle Dec 2, 2018 5:41am | Post# 695

{quote} Nope, good point. Will code that in tonight/tomorrow also. With this rule, what if my entry satisfies an open trade 1 hour before the NY session ends? Or 2? Do we have a cut-off as for when to stop opening trades?
I believe 5:00PM EST. Even if the trade lasts for one hour. That's the way to measure the performance objectively. Then no trade between 5:00PM EST and 7:00PM EST.

Regards,
Blackeagle

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 6:25am | Post# 696

Good afternoon Fellow traders,

Apparently you are busy discussing a robot that can count everything based on the data we give to it. It doesn't hurt to use a robot as long as you don't need to spend money to buy it, ok?

Let's continue our discussion

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 6:44am | Post# 697

I would like to know your understanding of money management.

For example, John has $ 1,000 (initial deposit) on Tuesday morning, After he wakes up early, it turns out there are 3 VS at the same time while the other pair does not provide a signal that day.

The pairs that provide VS are USD/JPY, USD/CAD and GBP/JPY. Because John wants to succeed in the forex market, he promises to always follow the rules.

Please help him to determine what value of money he will use to open transactions in all three pairs?

Example: Sell USD/JPY, amount $ ...?
Sell GBP/JPY, amount = ...? and
Sell USD/CAD, amount = ...?

Remember the risk of losing is 1.5% of capital

Regards

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 7:02am | Post# 698

1 Attachment(s)
Mama Gorilla

Mama Gorilla is teaching her child how to get bananas every day.

Mama Gorilla "Dear darling, there are 2 ways to get bananas. The first is to ask the banana directly to the owner's farm. The second way is .......?:
Junior: We can plant it Mam ourselves
Mama Gorilla: Wrong answer at all. ... you can get bananas by doing short cuts ...
Name:  nasehat.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  8 KB

freeway51 Dec 2, 2018 8:20am | Post# 699

Hello bro Cm7,

I see the potential that Gorila can provide for us if we already master of it, around 32% / month ? Wow, it's big.
For me, personally, hope that Gorila can provide consistent growth 5% to 10% / month is very good work. Double the account in 1 year is something big for me.

Hope all of us can follow bro Cm7 to be master of Gorila's dancing move

Cheers !

Cm7 Dec 2, 2018 9:41am | Post# 700

Hello bro Cm7, I see the potential that Gorila can provide for us if we already master of it, around 32% / month ? Wow, it's big. For me, personally, hope that Gorila can provide consistent growth 5% to 10% / month is very good work. Double the account in 1 year is something big for me. Hope all of us can follow bro Cm7 to be master of Gorila's dancing move Cheers !
Thank you bro,

I made a calculation in Excel because there was a request from bro SK, so I made it on request with a capital of $ 1,000
All existing data is last week's data from 6 to 9 Nov 2018 ( 4 days) with a risk per entry is 1.5% of capital and it turns out the result is 8% of capital.

Actually it's easy if you want to get a profit of only 5% per month. $ 1,000 to $ 1,050. The trick is to only transact in 1 pair with a 1% risk. By using the gorilla method, this will be achieved.

So how about those who only have a capital of $ 100? How do they open positions when there is VS?

Regards

© Forex Factory