Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   The Gorilla Method (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=851093)

jesxrussel Feb 4, 2019 12:56pm | Post# 6921

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys, I know it is available somewhere in the thread, but would you mind to re-post PP indicator?
Pivots_Daily.ex4
here u are..

koziolq Feb 4, 2019 1:11pm | Post# 6922

{quote} {file} here u are..
Cheers Bud

hesrondopa Feb 4, 2019 1:30pm | Post# 6923

1 Attachment(s)
mau kemana gj minggu ini ya .....

Click to Enlarge

Name: gorilla-00096.png
Size: 78 KB

Scott2locky Feb 5, 2019 2:03am | Post# 6924

What happened?? This thread has fallen asleep! Did everyone make so much $, that they have retired?

Simply-Me Feb 5, 2019 2:39am | Post# 6925

What happened?? This thread has fallen asleep! Did everyone make so much $, that they have retired?
Looks like Gorillas Pavilion in closed until further notice

Scott2locky Feb 5, 2019 2:49am | Post# 6926

Too bad, I work overnight and it's nice to have a little feedback to help keep me awake. Hopefully after (if) Brexit/noBrexit is finalized, GBPs will wake up a little again.

FxMadness Feb 5, 2019 2:55am | Post# 6927

Usually:

1. Thread starter lost interest.
2. Members lost interest.

1.1 Thread starter got bored of the questions.
1.2 Thread starter found a more lucrative way to share his/her "knowledge".
1.3 Thread started is sick, on holiday.

2.1 The member was just curious.
2.2 The method is not profitable.
2.3 The method is labor intensive (needs chart checking and/or learning).
2.4 The method can't be made into a profitable auto trader (90% visitors drop).
2.5 Thread starter made a promise to teach but didn't.

In the case of this thread i guess it is 2.5.
Thread starter promised to teach the more lucrative "dragon" method after the "gorilla" method but seeing his blog and subscription system for his "dragon" system isn't going to live up to it.

Thread starter was right on one thing "You can make a living from Forex".
Thanks to his 19 "Friends" he is making USD 1900 a month and that is way, way more than the average salary where he is living.

Scott2locky Feb 5, 2019 3:16am | Post# 6928

I agree. Just lazy.
I lived in NYC and have friends who work for some very large trading firms that spend many millions of dollars developing high frequency trading algos. They employ physicist and absolute mathematical geniuses from all over the world. Yet someone thinks that converting a couple of MA's to an EA will allow them to produce an acceptable equity curve. low draw down, and the ability to use large position sizes in very dynamic market conditions. I guess if this is just a hobby, that's OK, but to make serious coin, most of us will have to use our brains, blood, sweat, and tears!

zhafran21 Feb 5, 2019 3:18am | Post# 6929

indonesia is now on holiday, Chinese new year 2019. maybe people are on vacation.

Scott2locky Feb 5, 2019 3:20am | Post# 6930

Yeah, I noticed Chinese bank holiday all week. Maybe that's why the "power" moves yesterday were during London close/rollover and NY.

FxMadness Feb 5, 2019 4:01am | Post# 6931

mau kemana gj minggu ini ya ..... {image}
Up.
But without news it won't go far, just stay in bed.

F.exchange Feb 5, 2019 5:29am | Post# 6932

1 Attachment(s)
I just trade the gbp pairs the same way as the gorilla method and it works just fine. I look at the 4 hour chart for entrys as well as they seem to hold up well I have found the major difference is the ATR is bigger so I hold out for bigger returns. Look at the 4 hour candle on the gbp/cad yesterday it was almost perfect entry and produced over 100 pips in under 4 hours. With markets trending 25% and ranging 75% of the time we have the tools to trade gbp pairs without supervision. All you need is the balls
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpcad-h4-rodeler-ltd.png
Size: 39 KB

rolandojno Feb 5, 2019 7:16am | Post# 6933

[quote = FxMadness; 11964020] {quote} Generalmente: 1. El iniciador de subprocesos perdió interés. 2. Miembros perdieron interés. 1.1 Hilo de arranque se aburrió de las preguntas. 1.2 El iniciador de hilos encontró una forma más lucrativa de compartir su "conocimiento". 1.3 El hilo iniciado está enfermo, de vacaciones. 2.1 El miembro fue simplemente curioso. 2.2 El método no es rentable. 2.3 El método requiere mucha mano de obra (se necesita una verificación y / o aprendizaje de la gráfica). 2.4 El método no se puede convertir en un operador comercial rentable (90% de visitantes caen). 2.5 El iniciador de hilo hizo una promesa de enseñar pero no lo hizo. En el caso de este hilo supongo que es 2.5. El iniciador de hilos prometió enseñar el método más lucrativo del "dragón" después del método del "gorila", pero ver su blog y sistema de suscripción para su sistema del "dragón" no va a estar a la altura. El iniciador de hilo tenía razón en una cosa: "Puedes ganarte la vida con Forex". Gracias a sus 19 "Amigos", gana $ 1900 al mes y eso es mucho más que el salario promedio en el que vive. [/ Quote]

Why do you say that the method is not profitable? according to the performance of some members it seems to be doing well.

forexfans Feb 5, 2019 7:25am | Post# 6934

1 Attachment(s)
UJ Ready to go?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 41 KB

lemercenaire Feb 5, 2019 7:42am | Post# 6935

I just trade the gbp pairs the same way as the gorilla method and it works just fine. I look at the 4 hour chart for entrys as well as they seem to hold up well I have found the major difference is the ATR is bigger so I hold out for bigger returns. Look at the 4 hour candle on the gbp/cad yesterday it was almost perfect entry and produced over 100 pips in under 4 hours. With markets trending 25% and ranging 75% of the time we have the tools to trade gbp pairs without supervision. All you need is the balls...
So all the other ''Non-Gorilla'' pairs also do as well so long as you run them on the H4?

FxMadness Feb 5, 2019 7:48am | Post# 6936

[quote = FxMadness; 11964020] {quote} Generalmente: 1. El iniciador de subprocesos perdió interés. 2. Miembros perdieron interés. 1.1 Hilo de arranque se aburrió de las preguntas. 1.2 El iniciador de hilos encontró una forma más lucrativa de compartir su "conocimiento". 1.3 El hilo iniciado está enfermo, de vacaciones. 2.1 El miembro fue simplemente curioso. 2.2 El método no es rentable. 2.3 El método requiere mucha mano de obra (se necesita una verificación y / o aprendizaje de la gráfica). 2.4 El método no se puede convertir en un operador comercial...
I did not say that.
I stated it as a possible reason why members leave a (not even specific this thread) thread.

Simply-Me Feb 5, 2019 7:55am | Post# 6937

Why do you say that the method is not profitable? according to the performance of some members it seems to be doing well.

He didn't say it. He just outlined possibilities and this is one of them.

bobshah Feb 5, 2019 8:03am | Post# 6938

1 Attachment(s)
A perfect sell trade GU H1 charts.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSD.pkH1.png
Size: 48 KB

FxMadness Feb 5, 2019 8:05am | Post# 6939

UJ Ready to go? {image}
Not according to the gorilla rules.
Wait 2 hours for USD news and a break of 110.10 then buy.
If it does not break go for the sell.

FxMadness Feb 5, 2019 8:06am | Post# 6940

A perfect sell trade GU H1 charts. {image}

© Forex Factory