Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trading the Cable swings via averages (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=849587)

Nala66 Nov 6, 2019 8:05pm | Post# 5021

1 Attachment(s)
If we stay with the 4 hour and examine it a little further by zooming out we can see the blue triangle has not yet completed either side D targets.

If the average is indeed trying to make the lower low then we would envisage that price will make the lower D2.

These are very long term predictions and price could simply range between the two 50% for a considerable amount of time.

We need to be watchful of the Divs cropping up in time.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 54 KB

Nala66 Nov 6, 2019 8:16pm | Post# 5022

1 Attachment(s)
Again sticking to these longer views we see the daily has hit all the targets so may be in the process of setting up a new one as outlined by the yellow dotted lines below...
Click to Enlarge

Size: 61 KB

44johnw Nov 6, 2019 8:31pm | Post# 5023

Again sticking to these longer views we see the daily has hit all the targets so may be in the process of setting up a new one as outlined by the yellow dotted lines below... {image}
That would coincide with a pullback to the weekly EMA and bull support bounce off of it.

Nala66 Nov 7, 2019 3:45am | Post# 5024

1 Attachment(s)
Well that was a nice 30 pip start and whether or not to hedge at the top was a question... I closed.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 119 KB

bridgstarr Nov 7, 2019 3:57am | Post# 5025

1 Attachment(s)
Well that was a nice 30 pip start and whether or not to hedge at the top was a question... I closed. {image}
Hi Alan

There was a divergence halfway up that move. Did you ignore it because we should expect price to cross the H1 EMA (and possibly the H4)?

Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Size: 16 KB

Nala66 Nov 7, 2019 5:04am | Post# 5026

{quote} Hi Alan There was a divergence halfway up that move. Did you ignore it because we should expect price to cross the H1 EMA (and possibly the H4)? Thanks {image}
No I didn't ignore it, I was watching for it crossing back on the EMA but it didn't so I got another long on.

Nala66 Nov 7, 2019 5:41pm | Post# 5027

1 Attachment(s)
If we stay with the 4 hour and examine it a little further by zooming out we can see the blue triangle has not yet completed either side D targets. If the average is indeed trying to make the lower low then we would envisage that price will make the lower D2. These are very long term predictions and price could simply range between the two 50% for a considerable amount of time. We need to be watchful of the Divs cropping up in time. {image}
And it came to pass, the 4 hour did stop within the range but for how long? That EMA is rocketing down to attempt a LL
Click to Enlarge

Size: 57 KB

Nala66 Nov 7, 2019 5:49pm | Post# 5028

1 Attachment(s)
We can also see this range on the 1 hour...
Click to Enlarge

Size: 73 KB

Nala66 Nov 7, 2019 6:01pm | Post# 5029

1 Attachment(s)
So being short of ABCD's on the 1 hour we have the alternatives of AB = CD.

Here are the two of them one red, one blue. I have taken off the quartile to make it easier to see (had too many lines)

I just edited the chart to show the + or - distances so you can see how accurate this is.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 88 KB

Nala66 Nov 8, 2019 7:06pm | Post# 5030

1 Attachment(s)
That was a long wait for the action to begin, way past my bedtime so not much use to me at all.

It kicked off with a regular div on the 1 hour and lasted just 4 hours heading for the lower D2 target set a while back now on the 4 hour. We could even see gappage down to this level over the weekend. (2746).
Click to Enlarge

Size: 86 KB

Nala66 Nov 10, 2019 6:51pm | Post# 5031

1 Attachment(s)
Well no short gappage over the weekend so price seems to be respecting the bullish div and the EMA on the daily chart. The div should make the HH with the fast RSI having plenty of room to do that.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 44 KB

Dubtrader Nov 11, 2019 3:48am | Post# 5032

1 Attachment(s)
Alan when I get a pivot like this marked in yellow directly on the EMA line, can I use this for an ABCD target? or is it just regular bearish divergence.

I think the same situation cropped up Thursday or Friday, I cant remember exactly and I wasn't sure if it could be counted legit or not. I suppose its a bit like tennis when the ball hits the line, in or out.
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPUSDH1.png
Size: 44 KB

Nala66 Nov 11, 2019 7:24am | Post# 5033

1 Attachment(s)
Alan when I get a pivot like this marked in yellow directly on the EMA line, can I use this for an ABCD target? or is it just regular bearish divergence. I think the same situation cropped up Thursday or Friday, I cant remember exactly and I wasn't sure if it could be counted legit or not. I suppose its a bit like tennis when the ball hits the line, in or out. {image}
Exactly is it in or out. I took it to be a regular divergence stopping the price crossing the EMA and thus making a LL than the bull div below it.

After this we got the ABCD and price shot up to a bear support (resistance). I scored very nicely on that move.

PS The next pivot after your arrow was this ABCD
Click to Enlarge

Size: 70 KB

Nala66 Nov 11, 2019 7:40am | Post# 5034

1 Attachment(s)
The bears failed to hit the 4H target so the bulls are jumping in on the fact. I posted this 12 hours ago.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 80 KB

Nala66 Nov 11, 2019 10:59am | Post# 5035

1 Attachment(s)
Now we have this on the 5 min, my guess is long but I am off to bed now.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 50 KB

Dubtrader Nov 11, 2019 11:16am | Post# 5036

Now we have this on the 5 min, my guess is long but I am off to bed now. {image}
I have this target as well although Im in a short position, nervous now!

bridgstarr Nov 11, 2019 3:35pm | Post# 5037

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Alan

I'm at a bit of a loss. I seem to see signals everywhere and end up totally confused. I'm hoping you can help share your thought processes in contrast to mine!
Starting with the daily. The divergence was in place on the previous trading day also, so why no effect? Do you only consider it after a 2 bar test?

Assuming I had a long bias from the daily, then I come up against numerous bearish divergences, firstly on hourly on the 7am bar, coinciding with this 1 hour EMA. Price drops down a few pips then rises above the divergence. I got stopped out short here
Then on the M5 we have yet more bearish divergence at 09:20, followed by whipsawing around with divergences all over the place

I entered on what I thought was bull support on M5, and got stopped out again.

When my 4 hour bar between 8 and 12 closed, it was showing bearish divergence , and the M5 was overbought at 12:35 on my chart. I didn't short it thankfully.

I can't see the wood for the trees at the minute.

Thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 104 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot3.png
Size: 96 KB

bridgstarr Nov 11, 2019 3:37pm | Post# 5038

The bears failed to hit the 4H target so the bulls are jumping in on the fact. I posted this 12 hours ago. {image}
At which point do you decide that the price will fail to hit the bearish target?
Thanks

Nala66 Nov 11, 2019 7:07pm | Post# 5039

Hi Alan I'm at a bit of a loss. I seem to see signals everywhere and end up totally confused. I'm hoping you can help share your thought processes in contrast to mine! Starting with the daily. The divergence was in place on the previous trading day also, so why no effect? Do you only consider it after a 2 bar test? Assuming I had a long bias from the daily, then I come up against numerous bearish divergences, firstly on hourly on the 7am bar, coinciding with this 1 hour EMA. Price drops down a few pips then rises above the divergence. I got stopped...
I hear you and I am working on the explanation...

Nala66 Nov 11, 2019 8:08pm | Post# 5040

1 Attachment(s)
This is so difficult to explain in text and pictures, far easier if we chat on Shype.

Below is the 1 hour chart and I hope I have the area that troubles you in the blue inset I will expand on later.

I have tried to put as much detail here as required to get the job done. There is a lot going on so the details are important so lets recap a few rules.

1) Trades go with the trend... Scalps or hedges go against it.
2) If trading below the EMA we look for shorts
3) If trading above the EMA we look for longs.
4) We apply a 1, 2, 3 money management to restrict losses and compound profits.
5) We pay attention to our time line, mine is always 9am chart time.(Vertical dashed lines)
6) Look for those EMA swing levels, very important.

Ok on this 1 hour chart we see the last scalp made it across the EMA whereupon the bulls found support. Look at the EMA target!!!! Price will go to the next level in order to drag the EMA to the EMA target. We had an ABCD to assist us with this.

The target was reached and a bear div formed. We have the choice of closing the trade or hedging short, or both if we exit and scalp short. Remember we are now on the opposite side of the EMA so shorts become scalps or hedges.

OK next I will zoom in on the inset and so how that works within our rules.

Whoops, I forgot to mention you should look at the difference between A and B, different setups entirely.
Click to Enlarge

Size: 107 KB

© Forex Factory