Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Rookie Talk (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Martingale easy rules (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=849430)

Beerbelly Nov 17, 2018 2:51pm | Post# 1

Martingale easy rules

4 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I just want to share this simple EA which i have made last night also to show you guys that math always wins and hopefully we can find some improvements.

Easy rules;
Buy and Sell at moving average cross over (set to 9 and 30)

stop loss 425
take profit pips 600

if stop loss was hit on last trade, double the lots.

if take profit was hit reset lots back to 0.01

It doesn't make you a millionaire as far i can see so far, but it does do profit and I hope to get some good input from you guys and maybe also some more accurate test results.

For now i share the compiled version, but might share the code later, just see where it goes.

Edit; change moving average to 30 instead of 50 for results test 2
trendFollowing.ex4
Click to Enlarge

Name: results.png
Size: 63 KB
Strategy Tester_ trendFollowing.pdf
Click to Enlarge

Name: results test 2.png
Size: 64 KB

T4Trade Nov 17, 2018 4:02pm | Post# 2

I am eagerly watching this thread, subscribed!

kofix11 Nov 17, 2018 5:21pm | Post# 3

Good luck to everyone, because Martingale is a hard pavement. Subscribed

AlienDog Nov 18, 2018 7:59am | Post# 4

In order to be a lil more conservative, can ea be made adding a 1 lot size instead of doubling it?. I've been experimenting it and think it worth a try, also ea need ability to start and stop trading at a pre-defined hours.

ptt196 Dec 6, 2018 4:54pm | Post# 5

This system gets absolutely obliterated in 2014 with EURUSD.

Which is what happens to most martingales eventually.

AdamCrist Dec 7, 2018 3:39am | Post# 6

According to me from all its looks complicated , subscribed

Forexkongs Dec 10, 2018 5:36am | Post# 7

Watching with interest.

tzamo Dec 17, 2018 7:48am | Post# 8

Hi, I just want to share this simple EA which i have made last night also to show you guys that math always wins and hopefully we can find some improvements. Easy rules; Buy and Sell at moving average cross over (set to 9 and 30) stop loss 425 take profit pips 600 if stop loss was hit on last trade, double the lots. if take profit was hit reset lots back to 0.01 It doesn't make you a millionaire as far i can see so far, but it does do profit and I hope to get some good input from you guys and maybe also some more accurate test results. For now i...
Dear Beerbelly,

Nice work on putting together an EA to share with FF. Just carefully consider all the math of doubling.

Question to ask yourself: How many losses in a row are possible with this EA that has a success probability of ~42% after taking 100, 400, 1000 or even 2000 trades?

Then you will have an idea then of what to expect. I will give you a hint for 2000 trades: It is highly likely to encounter at least 14 losses in a row. The lots needed at 14 losses if doubled is 1638.4 (@ ~$350/ Lot = $600,000 in margin Min @ 500:1 Lev..) Just so you can get to B/E +1 and ever 1 pip movement is ~$16,000...Just watching that would make most traders sick.

Hope this helps with thinking about what are the current limitations of this EA. Math does win, but only if we ignore other factors (commissions, slippage, Lot limits, open trade limits) and have unlimited balance at the disposal to maintain margin.

How to improve: I don't support martingale, but if you want to continue down this path I would suggest to really focus on success rate to reduce the Max no. of expected losses in a row. This will in turn reduce how much you need to double before you can not further.

Kind Regards,
Tzamo

© Forex Factory