Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/11-trading-discussion)
-   -   What about Bitcoin... :) (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/848970-what-about-bitcoin)

TudorIoan Feb 6, 2019 1:55am | Post# 81

Realistically (no fun this time). There are 2 people I actually know that made money on bitcoin - they bought it for fun back in 2013 for like 10$ per coin or something. And they actually invested throw-away fun money (like 100-150$). One of them sold at around 100$ per coin, the other actually forgot for a while and then suddenly looked at the price and immediately sold around 250$ per coin. Yeah - they maid some money out of this - couple thousand dollars, but considering that those money were way less what they actually earned by working (well...
Hey Mike, we saw people on telly buying luxury houses for bitcoin ...houses are real! facts are facts, alright!

thomas101 Feb 6, 2019 2:08am | Post# 82

Bitcoin is a better long-term store of value than gold and fiat currencies. The long-term reward is worth the risk for me. {image}
Bitcoin is a better store of value than gold????!!! Gold has been around for thousands of years and can be swapped for any currency anywhere in the world. BitCoin is just some bits on computers and not backed by anything tangible. It's a neat idea and the technology is cool but its a huge bubble that has partially popped and will continue to go down.

TudorIoan Feb 6, 2019 2:34am | Post# 83

{quote} Heh :-) - Define smart money in crypto - Yes - there is pain and I feel it everywhere I know people that touched crypto currencies:-) - Oh, there are rules in Bitcoin already?! It matured to a point that already have theories!? :-) Come on :-). Iím not laughing only out of respect cause you also probably HODL! some sweaty encrypted files :-).
Love that: "some sweaty encrypted files"

michaelpelly Feb 7, 2019 12:38am | Post# 84

{quote} Bitcoin is a better store of value than gold????!!! Gold has been around for thousands of years and can be swapped for any currency anywhere in the world. BitCoin is just some bits on computers and not backed by anything tangible. It's a neat idea and the technology is cool but its a huge bubble that has partially popped and will continue to go down.
Last couple weeks it is not moving at all. Maybe it needs a CPR revival from couple hundred thousand new dreamers and believers :-).

TMR Feb 7, 2019 12:50am | Post# 85

{quote} Last couple weeks it is not moving at all. Maybe it needs a CPR revival from couple hundred thousand new dreamers and believers :-).
Or a couple large institutional investors.

Crypt0Pro Feb 7, 2019 1:02am | Post# 86

Maybe some years ago, when BTC price was pumping, some people managed to get the profit of it. But now there is another situation in the crypto world. It is very difficult now to keep coins, not to succumb to panic and sell all the coins you have. I think the best thing is to HODL for some period, maybe a year or two. Because my opinion is that during this period cyptocurrency will slowly recover.

michaelpelly Feb 7, 2019 1:06am | Post# 87

{quote} Or a couple large institutional investors.
Yes. I guess we gonna find these somewhere in the dusty pockets of the worldwide risk-off sentiment.

For 5 years Gold canít reach back the 1900$ mark again. It will probably reach it - somewhere in the next 5-10 years. But 15 years is half of a manís real productive life - is it worth?

TudorIoan Feb 7, 2019 1:13am | Post# 88

Come on, the rich don't play with their money!
Institutionals are mostly conservative with the big part of their portfolio.
Bitcoin is still perceived as a highly risky asset for them.
Bitcoin is actually dead ...in barb induced coma now, lagging on the bottom area of the mining minimal rentability.
It's only the small people and the little retail speculators who dream big and believe in miracles.

JimmieKip Feb 7, 2019 3:46am | Post# 89

This is a case that hasn't been missed by anyone. because it is very unreasonable.

Not-KPMG Feb 8, 2019 6:20am | Post# 90

There's a smart fellow!!

TMR, not sure why i ignored u....
Do you want to join us in a REAL DISCUSSION THREAD .

And yes, just today found news about Fidelity.

Not-KPMG Feb 8, 2019 6:23am | Post# 91

{quote} Bitcoin is a better store of value than gold????!!!
Gold has been around for thousands of years and can be swapped for any currency anywhere in the world.... continue to go down.

Riiiiiiiiight .

There's a news for u
Read here
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...6#post11957946
And next below.

Then tell me how usefull gold is

Bye.

LongBTC Feb 10, 2019 6:42pm | Post# 92

{quote} Bitcoin is a better store of value than gold????!!! Gold has been around for thousands of years and can be swapped for any currency anywhere in the world. BitCoin is just some bits on computers and not backed by anything tangible. It's a neat idea and the technology is cool but its a huge bubble that has partially popped and will continue to go down.

Could you tell us what the USD, EUR and any other form of fiat are backed by?

TudorIoan Feb 11, 2019 12:54am | Post# 93

{quote} Could you tell us what the USD, EUR and any other form of fiat are backed by?
Sure. Real economy.

TudorIoan Feb 11, 2019 1:16am | Post# 94

{quote} There's a smart fellow!! TMR, not sure why i ignored u.... Do you want to join us in a REAL DISCUSSION THREAD . And yes, just today found news about Fidelity.
Obviously, HERE is a REAL disscution!
On Not-K's thread is impossible to have a discussion, because he ignores the ones with different opinions than his.
...childish !

He owns a sect who cries out only about the wonders of the crypto!
At Not's there is not a discussion, there is just an obsessive crypto apology !

...but if anyone interested in crypto Ponzi assets, it's OK, go for it!

(he is not sure why he had ignored you?! ...how much hypocrisy you can take from a proved scam?

TudorIoan Feb 11, 2019 1:23am | Post# 95

1 Attachment(s)
The big investors were making real big money by speculating bitcoin!
They were luring naive dumb greedy (people's) money (see accumulation), then they dump the volatile asset (any crypto), stealing people's money!

Simple as that! It's over there, see the bitcoin chart! (the trick is hidden ...but if you zoom out like W1 )
They are robbers, for God's sake!

Now bitcoin lies in coma.
Even for the big private investors or institutional investors is an inacceptable high risk asset now
Click to Enlarge

Name: ZHART.png
Size: 30 KB

Not-KPMG Feb 11, 2019 6:30pm | Post# 96

1 Attachment(s)
The big investors were making.. ..aive dumb greedy (people's) money (see accumulation), then they dump the... stealing people's money! Simple as that! It's over there, see the bitcoin chart! (the trick is hidden ...but if you zoom out like W1... ) They are robbers, for God's sake! Now bitcoin lies in coma.... }

Wow......W1.... Wow that must be it
I wanna what you're smoking T

Here's a link to a Wall Street lies and confusion, that in 2014 put a chart like your sad red daub.😭😭😭

They did better job than you

https://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2014/02/27/bitcoin-2/
See, June 2014 bitcoin hit zero, now must be NEGATIVE what.... $7000 negative??? 🙊🙊🙊😨😨😨
Why don't you draw THAT on a chart, fold it, put in your pipe and smoke it??
😂😂😂😱😂😂🙉👍👍👍😀😂😀😂

Ooops , draw that trendline ???
51% down ehhh??!!

Wasn't bitcoin $3650 today ???💰💰💰

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat 😂😂😂😂😂😱😱😱
Name:  0214_BitcoinPressure May zero LOL.png
Views: 197
Size:  92 KB

LongBTC Feb 12, 2019 12:17am | Post# 97

{quote} Sure. Real economy.
Worthless numbers made up by the central banks, the time your fiat currency was backed up by the real economy has sadly passed us a long time ago.

TudorIoan Feb 12, 2019 1:01am | Post# 98

{quote} Wow......W1.... Wow that must be it {image}
{quote} Worthless numbers made up by the central banks, the time your fiat currency was backed up by the real economy has sadly passed us a long time ago.
Good luck with your video game coin, speculators! ...but people will never join your crypto scam again, ...so, losers!

TudorIoan Feb 12, 2019 1:26am | Post# 99

{quote} Worthless numbers made up by the central banks, the time your fiat currency was backed up by the real economy has sadly passed us a long time ago.
It's not about numbers, it's about how the free market economy is working.

No financial institutions (authority) control means total chaos!
Leads to monopolistic behaviour, crime, illegal stuff trade, ...perfect background for tribal oligarchs to lead a hellish world

Your attitude is typical to ignorants and conspiration addicts, illiterate freaks.
...I hope you're just a payed influencer, or anti-system punk, or sort of a Marxist freak, or a hater against the rich people, (like Not-K)
...that's for the sake of your reputation, otherwise you're just stupid.... just anti-autority teen stuff

TudorIoan Feb 12, 2019 3:04am | Post# 100

{quote} Wow......W1.... Wow that must be it {image}
You repeat same bullshit on and on and on, same fallacious arguments, same bad stupid examples,
No lies and no confusion here duddy, bitcoin looks like shit, smells like shit, acts like shit, chart moves like shit, perspective is like shit!
You don't even realise that people like you can harm badly the bitcoin promoting it when it looks like hell

© Forex Factory