Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What about Bitcoin... :) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=848970)

michaelpelly Nov 15, 2018 11:12pm | Post# 1

Last year at this time there was a hot topic - Bitcoin!!!

I see it still moves towards $1 000 000 per coin!

Why some people would never understand the meaning of the word “hype”!? And the simple rule - when a hype gets to the masses, all profit is already done.

I have friends that lost basket of money in the “dotcom bubble” back in 1999.

I have friends that lost tons of money in the “flip house bubble” in 2009.

I have friends that hold some sweaty Bitcoins purchased at ridiculous price and we are coming to 2019. And they are still advocating...

Anyone see a pattern? ;-)

UlliC Nov 16, 2018 3:27am | Post# 2

The next financial crisis is upon us. It usually happens at about 7-10 years periods. The last one was 2009... You do the math.
I hope I am wrong but when that happens - the crypto prices will definitely tumble along with the FIAT currencies...

cinic Nov 16, 2018 5:28am | Post# 3

There is no doubt in my mind that "crypto" IS a bubble, but I'm not sure if it is over - rather slow deflation phase and no real panic phase yet. To paraphrase that - not enough lives were destroyed and not enough pain was caused just yet to prevent another hype phase which would eventually lead to more loses and more pain until governments will be forced to intervene by either banning crypto or introducing strict regulations (against the very idea of crypto). So, fun times ahead.

pipsKeeper Nov 16, 2018 7:36am | Post# 4

This is the dates of crisis in financial industry each 10 years. Well, I'm not sure that I'm ready for a new one crisis in 2019, thus I would like to assure myself that it will not happen.

TudorIoan Nov 16, 2018 7:54am | Post# 5

Those who still count on crypto are so batshit crazy,
so nuts that NoT only is their belfry full of bats, but so many bats have been there for so long that the belfry is coated in batshit...
OMG, poor devils, sick people! (bored)
That means to live in DENIAL!!!

Of course it was a Ponzi scheme ! ...and it might work again LOLZ

TudorIoan Nov 17, 2018 3:14am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
If it walks like a duck it talks like a duck... lemme tell you right:
If it pumps like a bubble, it get dumped like a bubble, it prints on the chart obviously like a bubble, it...

Even it will be back up ...it will be dumped again like a bubble !!!
...not so soon though, because it need to get your pension fund, your savings, your business into it first
Name:  ZHART1.png
Views: 3983
Size:  47 KB

TudorIoan Nov 25, 2018 4:33am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
If it walks like a duck it talks like a duck... lemme tell you right: If it pumps like a bubble, it get dumped like a bubble, it prints on the chart obviously like a bubble, it... Even it will be back up ...it will be dumped again like a bubble !!! ...not so soon though, because it need to get your pension fund, your savings, your business into it first {image}
...just die!
Click to Enlarge

Name: ZHART1.png
Size: 69 KB

JimmieKip Nov 25, 2018 9:29am | Post# 8

What happen with BTC? Today it's reach $3k...

michaelpelly Nov 25, 2018 9:53am | Post# 9

It’s a file! FILE! It’s worhtless! :-)

michaelpelly Nov 26, 2018 1:05am | Post# 10

What happen with BTC? Today it's reach $3k...
It is now 20.4% of the price from its peak last Christmas. Failed dream...

TudorIoan Dec 9, 2018 4:27am | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
Let there be blood!
New lows...
Click to Enlarge

Name: ZHART1.png
Size: 67 KB

Davit Dec 9, 2018 5:32am | Post# 12

There is no doubt in my mind that "crypto" IS a bubble, but I'm not sure if it is over - rather slow deflation phase and no real panic phase yet. To paraphrase that - not enough lives were destroyed and not enough pain was caused just yet to prevent another hype phase which would eventually lead to more loses and more pain until governments will be forced to intervene by either banning crypto or introducing strict regulations (against the very idea of crypto). So, fun times ahead.
I never understood the logic of Bitcoin.Based on what? Perception only.Ponzi scheme for sure.Guys who made the money already were out long ego the unsuspected get the slaughtering now

paavo59 Dec 9, 2018 6:44am | Post# 13

and USD is not bubble ??

fx11trade Dec 9, 2018 7:24am | Post# 14

What I find most funny are the so called "btc gurus on tradingview". You have the whole lists of them that predict the price up or down with MA's, patterns, bla bla. And worst of all is that they have thousands of followers who blindly follow them and hope, thats right HOPE that it works out.

Its just sad.

iamsovereign Dec 9, 2018 10:19am | Post# 15

Both the usd and bitcoin have the same problem...... both are fiat ........ look it up....... backed by nothing . there is no tangible asset involved.

This is not a legal currency.

shylastrikes Dec 9, 2018 10:26am | Post# 16

{quote} I never understood the logic of Bitcoin.Based on what? Perception only.Ponzi scheme for sure.Guys who made the money already were out long ego the unsuspected get the slaughtering now
It allows the trade, storage, and transfer of wealth quickly, nearly free, and away from government interference. The government can't just take it from your account. Even if you have a physical wallet, it is encrypted and you can recover your crypto long before the government breaks the encryption. Even if freedom doesn't appeal to you in your country, there are many countries with repressive regimes and inflationary currencies.

As for collateral, neither does the USD, EUR or CNH have any real collateral. Even if you bought BTC at the high, you would be down about 85%. If you held the USD when the fed was created, you would be down 95+%. Although that isn't exactly a fair comparison (time difference), at least you have the possibility for stability/profit with bitcoins. And not to mention TRY and CNH...

Crypto's aren't going away. It isn't even a decade year old. Shorting crypto's long-term would be like shorting computer companies in the 80's.

And finally, both Tech stock and Housing prices are higher today then the high before their bubbles.

P.S. - I was short bitcoin from 5500-->3450 so I am not a bitcoin fanatic. I know it can go down and go down hard. Just saying how I see it.

Ratmach Dec 9, 2018 10:41am | Post# 17

If it walks like a duck it talks like a duck... lemme tell you right: If it pumps like a bubble, it get dumped like a bubble, it prints on the chart obviously like a bubble, it... Even it will be back up ...it will be dumped again like a bubble !!! ...not so soon though, because it need to get your pension fund, your savings, your business into it first {image}
What is that... Bitcoin? If so, I think I agree with you. Maybe I shouldn't weigh in, because I still haven't quite figured out how the whole idea of "cryptocurrency" works, but as of right now, yeah... feels pretty goofy (and Ponzi-ish) to me.

Edit: Well DUH! I was posting on another thread, and somehow wound up on this one because I checked out another comment. Didn't realize I was in a Bitcoin thread till I just went back through and checked... including the title! So yeah, idiot me... "Are we talking about Bitcoin?" I iz smart person!

hayder Dec 9, 2018 5:45pm | Post# 18

the fundamental problem of all crypto currencies is that they are not backed by a state.

The reason state backed currencies have "fiat" is due to the state's ability to tax and take possession of land, factories, people's income and consumption.

No crypto currency is backed by the power and "wealth raising" ability of a state.

vataugabriel Dec 10, 2018 1:11pm | Post# 19

Those who still count on crypto are so batshit crazy, so nuts that NoT only is their belfry full of bats, but so many bats have been there for so long that the belfry is coated in batshit... OMG, poor devils, sick people! (bored) That means to live in DENIAL!!! Of course it was a Ponzi scheme ! ...and it might work again LOLZ

Unfortunately for you and for other ignorants like you, bitcoin is not going anywhere. I am ashamed you are from the same country as I am. Most probably you went to see the People's Cathedral a few weeks ago. So all of you ignorants, little, small minds, envious and disguisting human beings, take a look at this guy, he warned you in 2011 what will happen. You have no idea what a Ponzi scheme is, you are only a bunch of degenerate gamblers. I will give Davit the benefit of the doubt because he is your king and he actually know what he's doing.

READ THEM AND WHIP:
Inserted Video

MtDarkness Dec 11, 2018 1:36am | Post# 20

Bitcoin is showing all the stages of Wyckoffian accumulation right now at this price level. Very, very wealthy people are grabbing it now. And when they have as many as they can shake out of people, the price is going to pump. It's how all markets work. It's what makes them work. It's why they move rather than stay at the same price (i.e. intrinsic value+an expected return on business growth delta) all the time.

But on the topic of BTC viability: A digital and universal form of payment, made secure by everyone who mines it, and who are paid for their services through bitcoin and a currency that has been accepted by many, many major retailers has an intrinsic value. You can mine bitcoin and actually buy things of real value with it. Regardless of the actual number, it has a real, calculable value. It's not going anywhere. And now is really the time to buy. When all the stories about a market are bad, when it's doomsday, when the price has tanked, it's time to buy. The rich know that. Good market traders know that. ^_^

Edit: Sorry if that sounded condescending. Good luck trading , guys!

© Forex Factory