Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/71-trading-systems)
-   -   My "Ultron" EA for GBPUSD H1 timeframe (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/840339-my-ultron-ea-for-gbpusd-h1-timeframe)

dgeorge35 Apr 15, 2019 3:30pm | Post# 1941

Evening All, ive just started a small account using the latest EA with the TS disabled and the 70 35 settings will let you know how it goes.

SigmaEnigma Apr 15, 2019 11:22pm | Post# 1942

I've found that setting the break-even pips to 23 but keeping the static TP of 35 gets the best of both worlds. You get the safety of a break-even as long as you hit +23 and you get the higher performing results of keeping the TP fixed at 35 (which does yield a remarkable boost in profits).

[SEE POST #1947]

mrdfx Apr 16, 2019 10:38am | Post# 1943

Who's still holding the buy order from 10/4?

Its not looking so good with GBP data and another thing I was looking at is the negative swaps being incurred on this trade. I'm not sure if its just my broker but the negative swaps are building up each day.

I'm still hoping for GBP to strengthen but after today's data I'm not sure.

cdsaa Apr 16, 2019 11:03am | Post# 1944

Who's still holding the buy order from 10/4? Its not looking so good with GBP data and another thing I was looking at is the negative swaps being incurred on this trade. I'm not sure if its just my broker but the negative swaps are building up each day. I'm still hoping for GBP to strengthen but after today's data I'm not sure.

am still holding. and it is closely inching towards my SL.

But anyway let it ride.

ok.. SL hit. so.. rest in peace

dgeorge35 Apr 16, 2019 11:14am | Post# 1945

mine went hit SL but ready for the next order hopefully a nice winning one.

majamivice Apr 16, 2019 11:31am | Post# 1946

2 Attachment(s)
I've found that setting the break-even pips to 23 but keeping the static TP of 35 gets the best of both worlds. You get the safety of a break-even as long as you hit +23 and you get the higher performing results of keeping the TP fixed at 35 (which does yield a remarkable boost in profits).
How could you find better results with break-even 23 pips? I get much better result with just SL 35. Can you post your backtesting?

With SL 35 and break-even 23:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 1.png
Size: 139 KB
With SL 35:
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2.png
Size: 130 KB

SigmaEnigma Apr 16, 2019 12:30pm | Post# 1947

2 Attachment(s)
BE at 23: Click to Enlarge

Name: PDV 106 BE 23.png
Size: 80 KB

BE of 0: Click to Enlarge

Name: PDV 106 BE Zero.png
Size: 81 KB

These aren't at 99.9%, which I know makes a huge difference. This is just what I found quickly last night well messing around with the settings. The difference in profit isn't that large, nor is the difference in win rate. So I thought: Having the safety of the BE at 23 is nice and it doesn't seem to affect profit that much. That's why I said what I said. Note: My broker is only 1:50 so it doesn't ramp up as quickly, I use 6-21 for the time range, and my risk factor is 9% instead of 10%. I should have put more time into the test before making my statement. As tests done with 99.9% accurate tick data reveal removing the BE and keeping the TP at 35 yield the best result, I will likely ditch the BE safety.

majamivice Apr 16, 2019 12:50pm | Post# 1948

Again open trade right at support level.

SigmaEnigma Apr 16, 2019 1:10pm | Post# 1949

It seems to keep doing that, or the opposite. I turned the EA off until the price moves out of this current range.

mrdfx Apr 16, 2019 1:54pm | Post# 1950

Did it open a buy or sell?

My buy order is still active and hoping to see it come back.

majamivice Apr 16, 2019 2:44pm | Post# 1951

{quote} Did it open a buy or sell? My buy order is still active and hoping to see it come back.
Yes, sell at 1.30483.
Feel sorry for you. lol

SigmaEnigma Apr 16, 2019 2:54pm | Post# 1952

{quote} Did it open a buy or sell? My buy order is still active and hoping to see it come back.
If the range holds like it has been it very well could. Last time it tested the resistance I closed my order for only a small loss.

groper Apr 17, 2019 3:04am | Post# 1953

guys - if you keep messing with the orders and changing things you will not reproduce the profitable edge that the back testing shows. You have to let the trades run to completion and accept the losses when they occur - you dont know which trades will end in profit and which fail - nobody can know, nobody ever knows when they place any forex trade...

As to the current short position - yes it looks like it opens at support again. However this support could also break lower and if it does we will have a profitable trade. My position is in DD and still running...

I also back tested at 99.9% alpari pro ECN data in TDS last 12 months the different settings with TP = 35 and SL = 70. Both with and without trailing stop, and breakeven pips settings etc. None of them produced more profitble result that PDV106 default setting. Some were close - but still none were better over the last year.

For those of you backtesting over a short period of time or with the std data in Mt4 without TDS - your simply wasting your time. You will not accurately model what the EA would have done. The biggest problem is the lack of variable spread in the back test. So when liquidity drops during NY to Asia time - the spreads can get huge and your back test will think it can close an order at a price that is not realistic when the spread is factored. This can skew your results significantly and make them look far different to what it really should have been...

dgeorge35 Apr 17, 2019 4:10am | Post# 1954

Havent had an order with PDV106 yet,will keep my eyes on see if any reason why.

Maestro1 Apr 17, 2019 5:55am | Post# 1955

{quote} am still holding. and it is closely inching towards my SL. But anyway let it ride. ok.. SL hit. so.. rest in peace
Hello cdsaa,

Just following up here. Please any luck with the GBPJPy test results?

cdsaa Apr 17, 2019 10:56am | Post# 1956

{quote} Hello cdsaa, Just following up here. Please any luck with the GBPJPy test results?

It wasn't great. Not worth posting. But will test again this weekend

SigmaEnigma Apr 17, 2019 1:36pm | Post# 1957

guys - if you keep messing with the orders and changing things you will not reproduce the profitable edge that the back testing shows. You have to let the trades run to completion and accept the losses when they occur - you dont know which trades will end in profit and which fail - nobody can know, nobody ever knows when they place any forex trade... As to the current short position - yes it looks like it opens at support again. However this support could also break lower and if it does we will have a profitable trade. My position is in DD and still...
Well said. I haven't been at this for very long and didn't realize the uselessness of running short non-99.9% accurate tests. I saw big numbers and tried to make them bigger. Thank you for keeping me more humble about the EA. Default settings it is. Green pips for all.

Emerald2112 Apr 17, 2019 5:32pm | Post# 1958

1 Attachment(s)
It's so crazy it just might work
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_20190417-223111.jpg
Size: 624 KB

b79528 Apr 17, 2019 9:27pm | Post# 1959

{quote} Thank you. Unfortunately, some of the code within my version was given to me by someone else, and they made me promise not to make it public. Personally, I don't see anything special behind it, but I have to keep to my word, so won't be releasing the source. Sorry. I've only been coding MQL myself for about a year now, and still have much to learn, but if there's anything specific you'd like to know about, I'll see what I can do to provide some snippets or tips if that would help. PM me.
Hi Paul -- unfortunately I don't yet seem to have PM privileges. The two enhancements of yours that intrigued me most are (1) adapting Ultron to pairs other than GBPUSD and (2) incorporating the newstime feature. I am presently unable to get newstime/FFC to work, either with your PDV106v version or in my own robot using the FFC.EX4.

This is the error (basically not able to locate the news xml on forexfactory):
"FFC GBPUSD,H1: FFC Failed to open FFC-ffcal_week_this.xml file, Error Code =5004"
Curious if you or others are running into this?
Thanks

fareed51 Apr 17, 2019 11:08pm | Post# 1960

{quote} Hi Paul -- unfortunately I don't yet seem to have PM privileges. The two enhancements of yours that intrigued me most are (1) adapting Ultron to pairs other than GBPUSD and (2) incorporating the newstime feature. I am presently unable to get newstime/FFC to work, either with your PDV106v version or in my own robot using the FFC.EX4. This is the error (basically not able to locate the news xml on forexfactory): "FFC GBPUSD,H1: FFC Failed to open FFC-ffcal_week_this.xml file, Error Code =5004" Curious if you or others are running into this?...
Change Calendar path

FROM::::: https://www.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml

TO:::::: https://cdn-nfs.faireconomy.media/ff...r_thisweek.xml

Also allow DLL where you check TRADE LIVE.

© Forex Factory