Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My "Ultron" EA for GBPUSD H1 timeframe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=840339)

Maestro1 Apr 12, 2019 7:59am | Post# 1901

Got stopped out at the retrace exit

mrdfx Apr 12, 2019 9:06am | Post# 1902

{quote} Price has rejected the 1.3121 level for a 3rd time. GU is going to need some strong buying momentum to break through that level, if it does we will hit TP for sure. {image}
GU has finally managed to break through the strong resistance level of 1.3121 on the fourth attempt. With this break we will finally see the bulls take over and the order go to profit.

fareed51 Apr 12, 2019 9:12am | Post# 1903

{quote} GU has finally managed to break through the strong resistance level of 1.2131 on the fourth attempt. With this break we will finally see the bulls take over and the order go to profit.

Maestro1 Apr 12, 2019 10:54am | Post# 1904

That's obviously a false breakout. Ultron triggered another buy trade just at the same resistance level as the one that got stopped out by retrace exit. I guess I'm going to put a pause on Ultron till after the Brexit matter is over.

An Indecision candle forming at a key resistance level? The close of the next candle will tell the whole story. If it closes as a bearish candle, price is going back down. I see GBPUSD maintaining the 1.3030 to 1.3120 range for a while. I really do hope I'm now being too pessimistic

Just my 2 cents.

cdsaa Apr 12, 2019 10:58am | Post# 1905

That's obviously a false breakout. Ultron triggered another buy trade just at the same resistance level as the one that got stopped out by retrace exit. I guess I'm going to put a pause on Ultron till after the Brexit matter is over. An Indecision candle forming at a key resistance level? The close of the next candle will tell the whole story. If it closes as a bearish candle, price is going back down. I see GBPUSD maintaining the 1.3030 to 1.3120 range for a while. Just my 2 cents.

My retrace didnt get triggered. Did yours trigger to stop out.

Mine is still running.

artic118 Apr 12, 2019 11:01am | Post# 1906

{quote} My retrace didnt get triggered. Did yours trigger to stop out. Mine is still running.
Yep,.mine still running also,...doesnt hit the stop lose

cdsaa Apr 12, 2019 11:04am | Post# 1907

Each trade, there is an upside and there is risk- which is SL.

Am very much mentally prepared to take the Risk- that means am not too worried, even if the trade hits SL. On Average, if i have more winners and less losers, am happy.

So on this, our EA has SL in case of bad trade, SL will protect our maximum loss.

Hope we get into positive pips

jdva Apr 12, 2019 11:23am | Post# 1908

Please, can anyone explain me the meaning of Max Volume=25 under "Trigger Parameters"?

Many thanks, jdva

Maestro1 Apr 12, 2019 11:24am | Post# 1909

{quote} My retrace didnt get triggered. Did yours trigger to stop out. Mine is still running.
Yeah mine got stopped out at retrace exit as I had it at 83%. I guess that's the default.
Something is just off with the entries all happening around Resistance level for Buy and Support level for Sell. If the opposite was the case one would say it's trying to target reversals. But Ultron is designed to pick up on trend early and with GBPUSD just sitting within that range for weeks now I don't see any real success at all.

Could you run a backtest on the GBPJPY using PDV's latest version on the default please? GBPJPY despite facing almost identical volatility like the GBPUSD tend not to be moving sideways and the few trades I've had on the pair where successful (though taken out by 23 TSL they all later went to 100 TP). So if you could run the tests for the PDV's default and another without the TSL - i.e. 70 SL and 100 TP (maybe with multiple orders allowed) - that'd be great.

Thanks for your efforts as well.

cdsaa Apr 12, 2019 11:44am | Post# 1910

{quote} Yeah mine got stopped out at retrace exit as I had it at 83%. I guess that's the default. Something is just off with the entries all happening around Resistance level for Buy and Support level for Sell. If the opposite was the case one would say it's trying to target reversals. But Ultron is designed to pick up on trend early and with GBPUSD just sitting within that range for weeks now I don't see any real success at all. Could you run a backtest on the GBPJPY using PDV's latest version on the default please? GBPJPY despite facing almost...

Will do and post. Do you think gbpjpy respects same ma50 for trend direction.

Pawel entry he uses ma50 as trend direction and distance to ma50 for entry. And uses ma9 to see how good the signal is.

Maestro1 Apr 12, 2019 11:54am | Post# 1911

1 Attachment(s)
Actually I've just been running PDV's version by default. Find attached the screenshot of the MA settings.

You can run the MA50 and MA53 separately so we know which is better. But kindly run it for at least January 2017 to date. A lot of EAs we've tested really messed up in 2017.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.PNG
Size: 74 KB

SigmaEnigma Apr 12, 2019 12:01pm | Post# 1912

Man, another swing and a miss for that pesky resistance level. My trade is still open. At this point I'm just letting it ride I guess.

artic118 Apr 12, 2019 12:02pm | Post# 1913

Big banks, they are evill,.lol..false breackout,.camming down to catch all the stop lose,..and next maybe will go up again,.if breack the last high,..

PaulDV Apr 12, 2019 12:27pm | Post# 1914

Please, can anyone explain me the meaning of Max Volume=25 under "Trigger Parameters"? Many thanks, jdva
When a new candle opens, the volume is checked and if it is over the specified amount it won't take a trade.

You can test it with other values, but I haven't found a better value myself.

PaulDV Apr 12, 2019 12:30pm | Post# 1915

{quote} Yeah mine got stopped out at retrace exit as I had it at 83%. I guess that's the default.
I'm not sure why you got stopped out, as I'm also running the defaults and my trade is still running.

The retrace exit is only enabled if the first candle after opening closes in the opposite direction. With the current trade, the first candle closed long, as per the buy trade, so retrace exit should not have been triggered.

mrdfx Apr 12, 2019 1:23pm | Post# 1916

{quote} GU has finally managed to break through the strong resistance level of 1.3121 on the fourth attempt. With this break we will finally see the bulls take over and the order go to profit.
This GU PA really has me confused.

We finally broke the 1.3121 resistance level and pushed above the 200 EMA signaling a bullish trend and then it goes and reverses taking the order back into DD.

I'm not sure if its the MM playing games with is, or fundamental uncertainty about GBP, or USD strength, but I'm not liking it especially as I'm not fond of holding trades over the weekend.

I'll take the risk and see how next week fairs for GBP hopefully in our favor.

Maestro1 Apr 12, 2019 1:51pm | Post# 1917

{quote} I'm not sure why you got stopped out, as I'm also running the defaults and my trade is still running. The retrace exit is only enabled if the first candle after opening closes in the opposite direction. With the current trade, the first candle closed long, as per the buy trade, so retrace exit should not have been triggered.
Well it did. Can't say why though as I just ran the default. The only change I think I made was on the breakeven pips. I'll post a screenshot of my settings when I'm at my PC.

I'm not sad about the loss but sad that GBPUSD is repeating the same pattern over and over again giving Ultron a hard time. My hypothesis is that a lot of traders are not trading the pair while the few who do are range traders, you know just buying and selling the 100pip range thereby not allowing a real trend breakout. Personally I'd stopped trading the pair manually since 2018.

I see better value in GBPJPY instead. I just hope I'm right.

Maestro1 Apr 12, 2019 2:14pm | Post# 1918

1 Attachment(s)
Find attached screenshot of my settings.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 33.PNG
Size: 117 KB

groper Apr 13, 2019 12:22am | Post# 1919

i manually closed the position at BE, only to have it reopen again at a similar price just before it tanked again - luckily for me i saw it and closed top of spike then disabling the EA...

There is a fundamental problem here and that is the tendency to open buys into resistance and sells into support - if we could eliminate these entries by using some logic to determine prior support and resitance as i mentioned earlier this EA could get more profitable IMHO...

Maestro1 Apr 13, 2019 5:44am | Post# 1920

i manually closed the position at BE, only to have it reopen again at a similar price just before it tanked again - luckily for me i saw it and closed top of spike then disabling the EA... There is a fundamental problem here and that is the tendency to open buys into resistance and sells into support - if we could eliminate these entries by using some logic to determine prior support and resitance as i mentioned earlier this EA could get more profitable IMHO...
Just exactly the same position I was in though I left the new order open till we see what happens on Monday. Could do that 'cos I'm on demo otherwise I'd have turned it off.

Also you echoed my sentiments on the entries

© Forex Factory