Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My "Ultron" EA for GBPUSD H1 timeframe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=840339)

majamivice Apr 10, 2019 12:27pm | Post# 1861

{quote} Adding to losing positions "just in case" is a really bad idea in my opinion. If I understand you correctly, we add to a losing position in the hope that it turns around and wins. If it wins, then it wins 2.5 times the original reward, but if it loses, it loses 1.5 time the original risk. It's not something I feel would work, personally.
Yes it's more risky, but I mean when second trade add it start calculate profit from second trade, and it need just half the way to first trade opened to BE, and we can use that option just as rescue on retrace if we want to, and we can trail profit also. That was just an idea, I don't say it must be good, but maybe worth to test.

SigmaEnigma Apr 10, 2019 1:04pm | Post# 1862

I just got a buy order at 1.31138. PDV_106.

paroucia Apr 10, 2019 1:22pm | Post# 1863

for me it's "out of trading hours"! no position!

Xauen Apr 10, 2019 1:26pm | Post# 1864

Opened buy entries at 1.31126 in PDV and Lite 3.1

mrdfx Apr 10, 2019 1:38pm | Post# 1865

Yup new buy order opened at 1.31133.

Lets see how this one goes cos its approaching a strong resistance level at 1.3121 so lets see if it can break that level.

cdsaa Apr 10, 2019 1:40pm | Post# 1866

Buy order on...

I didn't get previous buy order as Johannes. But we are not taking spread into consideration. How did it play a role. Curious to know.

Am also not in favor of adding additional position to a losing trade. The strength of this EA is its signal. Retrace feature is just to cut losses so that we can minimize our loss. More over winning trade % on this EA is sitting around 75%+, which is very good.

cdsaa Apr 10, 2019 1:43pm | Post# 1867

{quote} Yup new buy order opened at 1.31133. Lets see how this one goes cos its approaching a strong resistance level at 1.3121 so lets see if it can break that level.
Looking at H4 chart, I feel this one will hit TP. Lets see.

Maestro1 Apr 10, 2019 1:48pm | Post# 1868

{quote} Adding to losing positions "just in case" is a really bad idea in my opinion. If I understand you correctly, we add to a losing position in the hope that it turns around and wins. If it wins, then it wins 2.5 times the original reward, but if it loses, it loses 1.5 time the original risk. It's not something I feel would work, personally.
I second that big time.
It's better to cut your losses than add to it. It's a terrible thing to hope for the markets to turn in one's favour considering we have no control over market forces. That's why personally I'm beginning to detest Scalping systems with huge SL.

Best you can do is stack the odds in your favour and let market forces determine the outcome. Personally I favour small SL and big TP. That way even a few number of losses won't eat up all the profits you've made with one trade hitting TP. The present settings with Ultron has proven beyond reasonable doubts to be a winner and I'm convinced that even without the trailing feature - which is of course a great addition in my opinion - Ultron will still be a long term winner with TP of 100 and SL of 70 as per the default.

You can't win them all. I know we traders don't like to see red in our accounts but like George Soros said (and I paraphrase) "It's not about how many wins or losses you have but how much you win when you win and how much you lose when you lose"

SigmaEnigma Apr 10, 2019 1:52pm | Post# 1869

{quote} Looking at H4 chart, I feel this one will hit TP. Lets see.
Nice double-bottom on the D1 too. Technically the move looks strong.

Maestro1 Apr 10, 2019 2:02pm | Post# 1870

Didn't get the trade signal though.

I just looked at the H4 chart and what I can see there is somewhere between a triangle pattern (which means price can breakout from either side) and a falling wedge (which on the other hand should support your projection). However, back to the H1 chart price is testing that resistance level of 1.3120 for the 3rd time and a trend line drawn at the support level touches 3 points perfectly which brings me to my own projection that price is likely heading down. Also, adding a trend line to the resistance points forms a rising wedge which still adds to my conviction that price is heading down. I might be wrong though so let's see how things play out.

EDIT: While typing mine just triggered a buy at 1.31147. Well, fingers crossed.

artic118 Apr 10, 2019 2:07pm | Post# 1871

1.31129,..buy trade open,.ultron lite 3.1

mrdfx Apr 10, 2019 2:17pm | Post# 1872

1 Attachment(s)
Price has rejected the 1.3121 level for a 3rd time. GU is going to need some strong buying momentum to break through that level, if it does we will hit TP for sure.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 15.16.24.png
Size: 182 KB

hassan1 Apr 10, 2019 2:49pm | Post# 1873

hi,
please anyone share Ultron ea latest version

thanks

hocius Apr 10, 2019 6:19pm | Post# 1874

Unfortunately my PC restarted and I didn't get the order. If I add it manually, the EA will follow up the trade? trailing stop etc? I guess not, right?

Johannes7 Apr 10, 2019 6:39pm | Post# 1875

Same for me

ohguowei Apr 10, 2019 11:07pm | Post# 1876

Unfortunately my PC restarted and I didn't get the order. If I add it manually, the EA will follow up the trade? trailing stop etc? I guess not, right?
each trade is assigned a number, if the number doesnt match, the EA would not update the existing trade.

Magic Number

cdsaa Apr 10, 2019 11:21pm | Post# 1877

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Price has rejected the 1.3121 level for a 3rd time. GU is going to need some strong buying momentum to break through that level, if it does we will hit TP for sure. {image}
Yes. Fingers crossed.
I can see this is like a pattern, we earlier had 3 trades which opened at resistance and first one did hit SL, if you recall it. But others closed on few pips.

Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 134 KB

fareed51 Apr 11, 2019 12:42am | Post# 1878

{quote} Yes. Fingers crossed. I can see this is like a pattern, we earlier had 3 trades which opened at resistance and first one did hit SL, if you recall it. But others closed on few pips. {image}
Well I was lucky, removed pawel version and inserted paul version, during this gap we had that losing trade... So far no losing trade in my Live account. Yes I'm testing all three versions to my demo lost 1 trade 70pips...

Cdsaa that's concerning a bit, we earn 10 profitable trades with 3pips, 7pips, 13pips and only 1 losing trade 70pipss will eat up profit. wE need to think of this losing trade otherwise all hard work on this EA will fail in few months. Yes I've seen big numbers more than 70+pips profit too but that's because of BREXIT news. overall Ultron Entries are perfect except 1 Friday was opened against trend but I manually closed that trade with few pips profit.

SigmaEnigma Apr 11, 2019 12:56am | Post# 1879

Looks like the price is heading upwards to test the level a fourth time. I think if it breaks through it this will be a really good trade. We can only hope.

NewTrader80 Apr 11, 2019 2:03am | Post# 1880

{quote} Hi, Send me email address. BR
Hi Emonts, I would be very grateful if I could also receive the Source Code. Best regards, Mathias

© Forex Factory