Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My "Ultron" EA for GBPUSD H1 timeframe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=840339)

Telac Mar 3, 2019 4:02am | Post# 841

Try testing ULTRON_LITE_3 with these settings: TrailingStop = 30 TrailingStep = 2 and TrailingStop = 23 TrailingStep = 2
Incredible thanks for sharing! For me the best results come from trailing 23/2 but my data is not so good. Best open hour for me is 7, best close 23 - optimizing over 6 months.

artic118 Mar 3, 2019 6:43am | Post# 842

{image} This Tick Data Suite - with Variable Spread and Commission. Good result for the period. I will post optimisation results for those who need it. IT is dependent on trailing. {file}
hi, cdsaa,..or any one with tickdata 99.9%,....its possible to runn this settings with your tickdata,..i dont have 99.9% tickdata.

SL,...116

trailing stop,...41

trailing step,...23

thx

cdsaa Mar 3, 2019 6:53am | Post# 843

{quote} hi, cdsaa,..or any one with tickdata 99.9%,....its possible to runn this settings with your tickdata,..i dont have 99.9% tickdata. SL,...116 trailing stop,...41 trailing step,...23 thx
Am testing now with 30 and 2 from 01-march 2016 to 2019 - It is taking slow time.

After that will do 23 and 2.

I will do your 41 and 23. SL- 116.

artic118 Mar 3, 2019 6:59am | Post# 844

{quote} Am testing now with 30 and 2 from 01-march 2016 to 2019 - It is taking slow time. After that will do 23 and 2. I will do your 41 and 23. SL- 116.
thank you,.i wait,..

swd Mar 3, 2019 7:05am | Post# 845

With testing I recommend you use good quality data from dukascopy available from tickstory or similar. Also you can use the optimiser in backtester for parameter ranges, it's a bit easier.

Good luck with it.

Regards Paul

cdsaa Mar 3, 2019 11:14pm | Post# 846

6 Attachment(s)
{quote} Am testing now with 30 and 2 from 01-march 2016 to 2019 - It is taking slow time. After that will do 23 and 2. I will do your 41 and 23. SL- 116.

Trailing Stop- 41, Step- 23 and SL- 116

Attachment 3248725

Trailing Stop-30 Step-2 and Other Settings default.

Attachment 3248728

Trailing Stop -23 and step -2
Attachment 3248856
30_2.zip
4123_116.zip
23_2.zip

tradeChaser Mar 3, 2019 11:25pm | Post# 847

Awesome Thread and brilliant minds at work here. EA's fascinate me, but looking at some of these back tests, I do have to ask (those that have been there, done that)...

When you go down to changing SL and TP by just a couple pips here an there, is that not curve fitting? I mean with enough adjustments, you are bound to get to that magic mix of Tral, Step, and SL, but that won't mean nearly as much, right?

Just wondering. Subscribed and look forward to seeing this develop!

cdsaa Mar 3, 2019 11:35pm | Post# 848

Awesome Thread and brilliant minds at work here. EA's fascinate me, but looking at some of these back tests, I do have to ask (those that have been there, done that)... When you go down to changing SL and TP by just a couple pips here an there, is that not curve fitting? I mean with enough adjustments, you are bound to get to that magic mix of Tral, Step, and SL, but that won't mean nearly as much, right? Just wondering. Subscribed and look forward to seeing this develop!

When i test and optimize, I usually do not alter too many details. I only change few parameters which have big impact. and also while testing, i have reasonable gap. Thats given in the spreadsheet.

But few people have asked me to test their settings and so are the results.

I think signal on the current Lite 3 version is very good, trailing stop is actually helping us maximize the returns from the signal. So you can see the bigger profits based on just trail stop changes.

I think we cannot get best 100% winners on signals, we can only get high probability. And this EA does give that.

Well done guys on this good EA.

tradeChaser Mar 4, 2019 12:09am | Post# 849

That being said, and given the results from the three tests, what do you chase?

Do you even look at ending account balance or is it more of a profit factor/DD type situation?

cdsaa Mar 4, 2019 12:11am | Post# 850

That being said, and given the results from the three tests, what do you chase? Do you even look at ending account balance or is it more of a profit factor/DD type situation?

For me personally i would see Absolute dd & Relative DD then profit factor.

ohguowei Mar 4, 2019 12:52am | Post# 851

Awesome Thread and brilliant minds at work here. EA's fascinate me, but looking at some of these back tests, I do have to ask (those that have been there, done that)... When you go down to changing SL and TP by just a couple pips here an there, is that not curve fitting? I mean with enough adjustments, you are bound to get to that magic mix of Tral, Step, and SL, but that won't mean nearly as much, right? Just wondering. Subscribed and look forward to seeing this develop!
most indicator uses some magical setting one way or another, how many candles, 70/30, (12,26,9),(30,2,2) ... etc etc

ohguowei Mar 4, 2019 1:07am | Post# 852

That being said, and given the results from the three tests, what do you chase? Do you even look at ending account balance or is it more of a profit factor/DD type situation?
i'm looking for anything more than 51% winning rate haha

tradeChaser Mar 4, 2019 1:46am | Post# 853

In an effort to spice up the thread, does anyone have any backtesting done on M15?

Open Candles Only looks pretty interesting, but I don't have any tick data...

cdsaa Mar 4, 2019 3:41am | Post# 854

@Feex,

can you make number of orders to 3.

I think now, it is only one at a time. Until it close that order it wont open another order. So starting day and time matters for how the EA behaves for each one.

artic118 Mar 4, 2019 5:30am | Post# 855

{quote} Trailing Stop- 41, Step- 23 and SL- 116 {image} Trailing Stop-30 Step-2 and Other Settings default. {image} Trailing Stop -23 and step -2 {image} {file} {file} {file}
thank you for testing my settings

fitzforex Mar 4, 2019 9:14am | Post# 856

Newbie trader here.. I'm looking for a profitable strategy in the 1 hr time frame. Hope I could get some good insights in this thread

tidal Mar 4, 2019 11:41am | Post# 857

Can someone has test the high risk set?

SigmaEnigma Mar 4, 2019 1:19pm | Post# 858

{quote} Ok. Here is with Tickstory data without errors. Ultron_lite: {image} {image} ULTRON-3.4_Exponential_MM_TR: {image} {image}
After further analysis, I concede that Ultron_lite is better. I was testing it with an improper configuration compared to the Ultron-3.4_Exponential_MM_TR.

Ultron_Lite_3 using the risk ratio option with trailing stop seems to produce the best results, as well as maintain the highest win rate. I've found that TrailingStop = 30 and TrailingStep = 12 seems to work well.

ScorpioForex Mar 4, 2019 1:20pm | Post# 859

{quote} After further analysis, I concede that Ultron_lite is better. I was testing it with an improper configuration compared to the Ultron-3.4_Exponential_MM_TR. Ultron_Lite_3 using the risk ratio option with trailing stop seems to produce the best results, as well as maintain the highest win rate.
I got the same outcome testing all 3 in BT.

johnsmith2nd Mar 4, 2019 2:44pm | Post# 860

{quote} After further analysis, I concede that Ultron_lite is better. I was testing it with an improper configuration compared to the Ultron-3.4_Exponential_MM_TR. Ultron_Lite_3 using the risk ratio option with trailing stop seems to produce the best results, as well as maintain the highest win rate. I've found that TrailingStop = 30 and TrailingStep = 12 seems to work well.
Can you explain the risk ratio settings and how it works? I am unsure what this variable is and does.

Thanks in advance

© Forex Factory