Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My "Ultron" EA for GBPUSD H1 timeframe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=840339)

fareed51 Feb 9, 2019 5:59am | Post# 621

{quote} What is the point of quoting messages for November 2018? Today is February 2019! Be kind, do not litter the topic with stupid messages that do not carry any semantic load. Thank you for understanding.

Feex you are dick, I am new to this thread. Going through all messages and replied what I read. Also been giving thumbs up to many posts which I shouldn't be doing then?

Just chill relax. this is weekend and market is closed.

Feex Feb 9, 2019 6:48am | Post# 622

{quote} Feex you are dick, I am new to this thread. Going through all messages and replied what I read. Also been giving thumbs up to many posts which I shouldn't be doing then? Just chill relax. this is weekend and market is closed.
My dick in your mouth does not fit, moron.
Do not litter the topic with stupid messages, freak!
Do you understand what I told you?

fareed51 Feb 9, 2019 7:13am | Post# 623

{quote} My dick in your mouth does not fit, moron. Do not litter the topic with stupid messages, freak! Do you understand what I told you?
you have a tiny dick you moron, give it your mother's mouth you freak You dumb stop telling others what they should and shouldn't do. you dick hahahaha loll.

ohguowei Feb 9, 2019 8:18am | Post# 624

I modified the version of ahossanmarc (post 596) added information panel auto tuning for 4 and 5 digit quotes removed "lots" - it is not needed. corrected all the "warnings" The algorithm did not touch -------------------------------------------------- note: be sure to change the start and end time - in my version, the time is set for the servers GMT + 2: 8 and 23. If the time of your brokerís server is GMT 0, then you need to set it in settings 6 and 21. {image} {image} {file}
Hi, thanks for the EA, it worked like magic!
I back tested for a month from 2019 Jan to 2019 Feb, with only 100 dollars and it manage to return 33dollars in profit.... this is the first time i see any EA work with 100 dollars!

Salute!

salimc Feb 9, 2019 10:35am | Post# 625

{quote} Hi, thanks for the EA, it worked like magic! I back tested for a month from 2019 Jan to 2019 Feb, with only 100 dollars and it manage to return 33dollars in profit.... this is the first time i see any EA work with 100 dollars! Salute!
Front test the EA and give us your comments. Backtest results sometimes misguide us. Thanks.

ohguowei Feb 9, 2019 11:05am | Post# 626

{quote} Front test the EA and give us your comments. Backtest results sometimes misguide us. Thanks.
sure, i'm setting up my google cloud now. hope to give some positive feedback soon

salimc Feb 9, 2019 12:26pm | Post# 627

{quote} sure, i'm setting up my google cloud now. hope to give some positive feedback soon
what google cloud has to do with forward testing ? Anway will be waiting to have some feedback from your forward testing.

SigmaEnigma Feb 9, 2019 4:16pm | Post# 628

I modified the version of ahossanmarc (post 596) added information panel auto tuning for 4 and 5 digit quotes removed "lots" - it is not needed. corrected all the "warnings" The algorithm did not touch -------------------------------------------------- note: be sure to change the start and end time - in my version, the time is set for the servers GMT + 2: 8 and 23. If the time of your brokerís server is GMT 0, then you need to set it in settings 6 and 21. {image} {image} {file}
Thanks for the upload. I will test it some and see how it fairs against the Exponential version I've been using.

fungraphic Feb 9, 2019 7:23pm | Post# 629

I modified the version of ahossanmarc (post 596) added information panel auto tuning for 4 and 5 digit quotes removed "lots" - it is not needed. corrected all the "warnings" The algorithm did not touch -------------------------------------------------- note: be sure to change the start and end time - in my version, the time is set for the servers GMT + 2: 8 and 23. If the time of your broker’s server is GMT 0, then you need to set it in settings 6 and 21. {image} {image} {file}
Hi Feex,
can you share the sourcecode please?

fungraphic Feb 10, 2019 3:06pm | Post# 630

@Feex

Can you add Maxspread in the setting please?

Emerald2112 Feb 10, 2019 5:15pm | Post# 631

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 42 KB

ohguowei Feb 11, 2019 2:33am | Post# 632

{quote} what google cloud has to do with forward testing ? Anway will be waiting to have some feedback from your forward testing.
i doubt anyone will run EA without source code on their desktop directly... safer to run them in a isolated cloud separated from your desktop

artic118 Feb 11, 2019 7:47am | Post# 633

Any one with 99% backtest modeling quality,..to test this setting, please

TP,..315
SL,..77

TP,..100
SL,..70

TRAILINGSTOP,...38
TRAILINSTEP,..18

ultron_lite

SigmaEnigma Feb 12, 2019 12:59am | Post# 634

{quote}When you have a portfolio, multiple trades at once, and you are trying to "balance" everything out, then it's not a trading, it's more like a gambling. You do have hope that "you are right". The market does not care about who is right. It's just a statistic that you can use to your advantage. For example look at poker players. You have champions who are consistently making money, and you have gamblers who act on a "hope" of being right. Being a professional gambler is the same as being a good trader. You do lose, but it's a part of the game....
I started reading back through older posts and just realized how insightful this is. I used to go nuts trading every pair then realized it wasn't doing me any good and instead began to focus exclusively on the GBP/USD pair. I always hear "But there's more opportunities and money on other pairs!" - Yeah, and more risk and loss too. Settling on one pair has been the most effective decision I've ever made in Forex trading.

faryne Feb 12, 2019 1:46am | Post# 635

{quote} I started reading back through older posts and just realized how insightful this is. I used to go nuts trading every pair then realized it wasn't doing me any good and instead began to focus exclusively on the GBP/USD pair. I always hear "But there's more opportunities and money on other pairs!" - Yeah, and more risk and loss too. Settling on one pair has been the most effective decision I've ever made in Forex trading.
That's not about more risk and loss or more opportunities and money that's about diversification. You can settle on one unique asset: forex. Then you can settle on one unique pair: cable. Then you can settle on one unique time window: 7-20. Then you can settle on one unique market condition: volatility. The you can settle on one unique strategy: using MA. Then you can settle on one unique parameter: 0.00024. etc.
That's the definition of overfitting.
Basically GU is EU-EG (example). Anything working on GU should work on EU and EG.
By the way, IMO, +-200 trades is not statistically significant.

forexflex Feb 12, 2019 8:16pm | Post# 636

Found 2 nice trades on USD/CHF H1 running ultron_OP_1, one yesterday and one today. Thanks Pawel Gawron for such a awesome bit of code!

Elovv Feb 13, 2019 1:17pm | Post# 637

Hi
I forwardtest Your EA since monday, so far no trades, default settings, FXCM demo, $2000.

salimc Feb 14, 2019 2:28pm | Post# 638

{quote} i doubt anyone will run EA without source code on their desktop directly... safer to run them in a isolated cloud separated from your desktop
Got it. I also do that. But I was confused as I don't know if "Google" provides a VPS service also.

eduarescobar Feb 14, 2019 3:45pm | Post# 639

Yes, google provide a VPS service... google cloud and it is free the first year or until you expense was U$$ 300. cloud.google.com
https://www.guidingstartechnologies....d-for-mt4-eas/

moieric11 Feb 14, 2019 6:45pm | Post# 640

Yes, google provide a VPS service... google cloud and it is free the first year or until you expense was U$$ 300. cloud.google.com https://www.guidingstartechnologies....d-for-mt4-eas/

I actually use Vultr VPS (www.vultr.com), very competitive prices, I selected new york server according to my broker (IC Markets), my ping is between 1 and 3ms. I have export/import (from snapshot) my old virtual machine VPS for the other provider, avoided me to loose 1 EA activation, really good, if you have a KVM based kernel.

© Forex Factory