Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   My "Ultron" EA for GBPUSD H1 timeframe (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=840339)

driven18 Nov 13, 2018 3:09pm | Post# 261

Vot tak y vas na Ykraine....

Feex Nov 13, 2018 3:30pm | Post# 262

Vot tak y vas na Ykraine....
Причем тут украина) это везде так))
Вот список брокеров, которые принимают трейдеров из США:
http://forex-ratings.ru/forex-broker...ex-brokers.php

Forex Club - 1:600
FXDD - 1:500

driven18 Nov 13, 2018 3:40pm | Post# 263

{quote} Причем тут украина) это везде так)) Вот список брокеров, которые принимают трейдеров из США: http://forex-ratings.ru/forex-broker...ex-brokers.php...
Net,

One who trades decent capital and located in USA will never go to non-USA broker.....chance of loosing your capital due to broker fuck up is too great...we stuck with 1:50(unfortunately)

driven18 Nov 13, 2018 5:12pm | Post# 264

Actually it is even worth as of Brexit

USA brokers GBPUSD is 5% margin, means 1:20....almost impossible to trade to make a nice profit...

kobra101 Nov 13, 2018 5:47pm | Post# 265

It was possible to implement the correct trailing stop) In this modification EA has implemented a trailing stop, which can not affect profits negatively! The trailing stop starts working only when the price has crossed the TP level. In the worst case, the order will close on TP. In the best case TR will collect additional profits. Also added information panel. EA's algorithm has not changed {file} {image} {image}

Hi Feex,

Is there a possibility to add "trailing stop" functionality into ULTRON-3.4_Exponential_MM version on page 7, if OK with mischti and Pawel ?

If trailing functionality does not impact profit target as you already mentioned and bring additional value, it would make sense to integrate this.
Today GBPUSD peaked almost 25 pips higher than the profit target so trailing stop could have picked additional pip on the way. There will be days
like Brexit agreement anouncement where the pair may suddenly peak huge.

Thank you

Evgeniy.Pro Nov 13, 2018 6:44pm | Post# 266

Hi, I coded the EA for MT5.
Dear Emonts.
Thank you for posting the mql5 version of EA here.
But could you post the source code as well?
I do not like to test the EA without knowing exactly what is inside.
And for sure I may have the desire to change something.
Thank you in advance.

robots4me Nov 13, 2018 6:52pm | Post# 267

Is there a possibility to add "trailing stop" functionality into ULTRON-3.4_Exponential_MM version

And, so, it begins...

@Pawel gives you a gift. The EA works. It reaches the TP threshold and you win!!! -- and, yet, you want more. I would tread carefully when it comes to creating a zillion new versions -- you might discourage the original developer. When the author sees that people aren't appreciative of his winning code and are more interested in squeezing out even more, then he might lose interest altogether. This happens *all* the time on Forex Factory.

It is not true that trailing stops have no effect -- of course they do. It may not be obvious from a single back test chart, but in the code the trailing stop is set prior to the original TP -- otherwise the TP would be hit and the position would close. So, it does change the algorithm and add complexity.

If somebody gives you something that works -- I wouldn't mess with it. If anything, learn how to use MT4's Strategy Tester and optimizer so you can test whether re-calibrating the settings from time-to-time has an effect. But in terms of the code -- I would prefer to keep things simple with only a single "official" version of the EA maintained by the OP. I know that's not possible, because we are all greedy and aren't disciplined enough to know when to push back from the table.

Here's a concept -- learn some minimal MQL coding skills -- then you can experiment to your heart's content...

Beerbelly Nov 13, 2018 7:17pm | Post# 268

Just some coding advice;

Add:
Inserted Code
if(Volume[0]<=25){

//here all the ticking code, as you don't buy or sell anyways. will speed up testing

}

make stoploss and take profit not global but add it to your function like this

Inserted Code
void CheckForSell(double Stoploss, double TakeProfit)
  {

res=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lots,Bid,20,StopLoss,TakeProfit,"",MAGICMA,0,Red);
   return;

}

I have also changed that it is in depended of the chart as it always pulls the price from the hour chart instead.
Inserted Code
      double c1 = iClose(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 1);
      double c2 = iClose(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 2);
      double o2 = iOpen(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 2);

Also done some backtesting, results looks pretty good so far. Thanks.

// edit, removed the wrong named attachment. If you which to see, download a newer version later on in this topic.

Beerbelly Nov 13, 2018 7:37pm | Post# 269

{quote} Hi Feex, Is there a possibility to add "trailing stop" functionality into ULTRON-3.4_Exponential_MM version on page 7, if OK with mischti and Pawel ? If trailing functionality does not impact profit target as you already mentioned and bring additional value, it would make sense to integrate this. Today GBPUSD peaked almost 25 pips higher than the profit target so trailing stop could have picked additional pip on the way. There will be days like Brexit agreement anouncement where the pair may suddenly peak huge. Thank you
Trailing stops can be very successful, but also the other way around.

Now his target is at 680 pips. if you add a trailing stop then it has to reach at least 690 pips and then add a trailing stop at 680 to get the same risk and reward ratio, which also could mean that the target of 690 will not be met. Or if you give it even more room it might get harder to make profit.

Feex Nov 13, 2018 7:54pm | Post# 270

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Hi Feex, Is there a possibility to add "trailing stop" functionality into ULTRON-3.4_Exponential_MM version on page 7, if OK with mischti and Pawel ? If trailing functionality does not impact profit target as you already mentioned and bring additional value, it would make sense to integrate this. Today GBPUSD peaked almost 25 pips higher than the profit target so trailing stop could have picked additional pip on the way. There will be days like Brexit agreement anouncement where the pair may suddenly peak huge. Thank you
take it
ULTRON-3.4_Exponential_MM_TR.ex4

kobra101 Nov 13, 2018 7:57pm | Post# 271

Thank you for the effort !

Feex Nov 13, 2018 8:01pm | Post# 272

{quote} And, so, it begins... @Pawel gives you a gift. The EA works. It reaches the TP threshold and you win!!! -- and, yet, you want more. I would tread carefully when it comes to creating a zillion new versions -- you might discourage the original developer. When the author sees that people aren't appreciative of his winning code and are more interested in squeezing out even more, then he might lose interest altogether. This happens *all* the time on Forex Factory. It is not true that trailing stops have no effect -- of course they do. It may...
Who told you that we do not respect the author ?! We do not remake EA! We are trying to find solutions how to make EA better! At the same time, we do not change the algorithm of the authorís work, we are trying to add something that will allow us to work more efficiently! And maybe the author in this will see something interesting to improve his algorithm. If it gives a positive effect, then what's wrong with that?

Beerbelly Nov 13, 2018 8:05pm | Post# 273

{quote} take it {file}
Do you have the mql4 file? The topic starter was so nice to share his code.

Feex Nov 13, 2018 8:11pm | Post# 274

{quote} Trailing stops can be very successful, but also the other way around. Now his target is at 680 pips. if you add a trailing stop then it has to reach at least 690 pips and then add a trailing stop at 680 to get the same risk and reward ratio, which also could mean that the target of 690 will not be met. Or if you give it even more room it might get harder to make profit.
You did not understand how my trailing stop works! My option can not a priori harm! worst option - this order will be closed by TP But if the price reached TP (68 pips) and went further, then having reached the value of 73 pips, the trailing stop turns on in 2 pips steps - these are the settings in my version of EA, and you donít need to change them! If the price has not reached 73 pips and has gone back, then the order will close at 68 pips, as programmed in EA. That is, we cannot do worse! Only better. And if you have not checked how it works, then check it out! And then write comments.

Feex Nov 13, 2018 8:14pm | Post# 275

Thank you for the effort !
I made an automatic translation for 4 characters and for 5 characters, now it is not necessary to prescribe 680 for 5 characters

Beerbelly Nov 13, 2018 8:16pm | Post# 276

{quote} You did not understand how my trailing stop works! My option can not a priori harm! worst option - this order will be closed by TP But if the price reached TP (68 pips) and went further, then having reached the value of 73 pips, the trailing stop turns on in 2 pips steps - these are the settings in my version of EA, and you donít need to change them! If the price has not reached 73 pips and has gone back, then the order will close at 68 pips, as programmed in EA. That is, we cannot do worse! Only better. And if you have not checked how it...
I did not check yours out at all. In fact, i didn't even respond to your file, but responded to kobra101.

And don't tell me when to write comments or not. :-)

Feex Nov 13, 2018 8:31pm | Post# 277

2 Attachment(s)
no trailing stop and with trailing stop
Click to Enlarge

Name: ULTRON_3.4_MM_TR_standart.jpg
Size: 140 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ULTRON_3.4_MM_TR_with_tral.jpg
Size: 140 KB

Beerbelly Nov 13, 2018 8:37pm | Post# 278

1 Attachment(s)
So I have also added in a trailing stop, you might want to play with the numbers.

Here is the new code with the trailing stop.
ULTRON_OP_1.mq4

Feex Nov 13, 2018 8:44pm | Post# 279

{quote} I did not check yours out at all. In fact, i didn't even respond to your file, but responded to kobra101. And don't tell me when to write comments or not. :-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you add a trailing stop then it has to reach at least 690 pips and then add a trailing stop at 680 to get the same risk and reward ratio, which also could mean that the target of 690 will not be met.

Tell me please, what changes from what you wrote to me? information becomes true? Not. Then what's the difference to whom you wrote, if this is not true? And if this is not true, then why did you write this? First make sure your information is correct, and then write! and I will tell you this, whether you like it or not. Smart people think first and then write.

Feex Nov 13, 2018 8:48pm | Post# 280

So I have also added in a trailing stop, you might want to play with the numbers. Here is the new code with the trailing stop. {file}
If you respect the author of EA, then you should have read his post, where he asked not to use "OP" in the name of any modification. But you did not read it either. What's wrong with you?

© Forex Factory