Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   EURUSD 5min SMA50-200 price cross Swing EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=822558)

Rainy88 Sep 16, 2018 12:19pm | Post# 1

EURUSD 5min SMA50-200 price cross Swing EA

3 Attachment(s)
I created this simple EA which works like this:
when SMA50 is above SMA200, buy when price cross above SMA50
when SMA50 in below SMA200, sell when price cross below SMA50

Backtested on EURUSD 5min timeframe, SL=75pips, TP=150pips, trailingStartPips=37, trailingStopPips=37, trailingStepPips=1
Noticed with this parameters the EA can catch big directional moves earning a lot while closing with little loss or breakeven when market starts to range, I strongly suggest you to visual backtest the EA in action so you can better understand and develop it for your needs.
Last 3 months period detailed statement
Click to Enlarge

Name: b.PNG
Size: 32 KB
Equity line
Click to Enlarge

Name: a.PNG
Size: 8 KB

You are free to download, use and backtest the EA, I tried different timeframes and parameters and this seems the most profitable, if you have a larger data period backtest it and post your results here (I backtested it only for last 3 months, it's not a lot but it was a period in which EURUSD had both big directional moves and trading ranges so it should fairly represents all market conditions).
Price cross SMA 50 200.ex4

quentin09 Sep 16, 2018 1:25pm | Post# 2

Thank U, very much!

I will try it, but there is no Trendfilter for the upper Timeframe 1h or 4h.

you trade only this EA in 5 min Chart!?

Thank`s for your work

quentin

Rainy88 Sep 17, 2018 2:46am | Post# 3

Thank U, very much! I will try it, but there is no Trendfilter for the upper Timeframe 1h or 4h. you trade only this EA in 5 min Chart!? Thank`s for your work quentin
Hi Quentin, no trade filter but you can always analyze the fundamentals and let the EA trade in one direction. For the last 3 months period in EURUSD I found this strategy to be profitable on 5 min tf and with 50 and 200 sma, if you have longer periods data on your backtest database surely you will find other combinations of tf and ma to be profitable. Just research and post your result here please.

SPeedFANat1c Sep 18, 2018 12:23am | Post# 4

I thijk sl coukd be imprved to go se some logic imstead of fixed pips. It depends on volatility. At nights for example sl could be much tighter to get maximum profit.

Rainy88 Sep 18, 2018 2:33am | Post# 5

I thijk sl coukd be imprved to go se some logic imstead of fixed pips. It depends on volatility. At nights for example sl could be much tighter to get maximum profit.
I'm interested in catching big swings, I found that not always a tighter stop profit equals an increase in profit.

karun66 Sep 18, 2018 4:31am | Post# 6

Hi,

How to change the lot size. I am trying in Demo and Live. it is always placing the order 0.01 lots. I am running with default settings

anime971 Sep 18, 2018 4:47am | Post# 7

Hi, have you tried only with EURUSD I can use other currency pairs?

SPeedFANat1c Sep 18, 2018 5:38am | Post# 8

{quote} I'm interested in catching big swings, I found that not always a tighter stop profit equals an increase in profit.
K think you can carth big swings still, just do not trail the sl tightly. Only initial when you see very low probability of it hitting. At least i am testing similar ena cross now, just with h1 . Btw i still think, can it be so simple and profitable. If so, why so many are strugling so much at beating forex

karun66 Sep 18, 2018 5:41am | Post# 9

hi,
In live account it is not placing orders, even i checked the live Trade check box in EA options. But in demo account it is running smoothly.

Thanks
Karun

Rainy88 Sep 18, 2018 4:59pm | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, How to change the lot size. I am trying in Demo and Live. it is always placing the order 0.01 lots. I am running with default settings
Click to Enlarge

Name: sdas.PNG
Size: 25 KB
that how you can change lot size for buy and sell positions.

Rainy88 Sep 18, 2018 5:00pm | Post# 11

Hi, have you tried only with EURUSD I can use other currency pairs?
I tested it only on EURUSD...

MidnightRun Sep 18, 2018 5:52pm | Post# 12

I created this simple EA which works like this: when SMA50 is above SMA200, buy when price cross above SMA50 when SMA50 in below SMA200, sell when price cross below SMA50 Backtested on EURUSD 5min timeframe, SL=75pips, TP=150pips, trailingStartPips=37, trailingStopPips=37, trailingStepPips=1 Noticed with this parameters the EA can catch big directional moves earning a lot while closing with little loss or breakeven when market starts to range, I strongly suggest you to visual backtest the EA in action so you can better understand and develop it...
Rainy88,
Thanks for posting the method. What "apply to" value (i.e. open, close, high, low, median, etc.) have you been using and found most effective?
Thanks.

Rainy88 Sep 18, 2018 6:19pm | Post# 13

{quote} Rainy88, Thanks for posting the method. What "apply to" value (i.e. open, close, high, low, median, etc.) have you been using and found most effective? Thanks.
Since the moving averages are pretty high value (50 and 200) it's not crucial the "apply to" value, I used the close to calculate them as it's the most important value of a candle for me.

MidnightRun Sep 18, 2018 6:40pm | Post# 14

{quote} Since the moving averages are pretty high value (50 and 200) it's not crucial the "apply to" value, I used the close to calculate them as it's the most important value of a candle for me.
Thanks!

karun66 Sep 18, 2018 9:43pm | Post# 15

{quote} {image} that how you can change lot size for buy and sell positions.

Thanks a lot. have a good day
Karun

© Forex Factory