Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Are we all idiots? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=807855)

AmmaBoss Aug 15, 2018 7:53pm | Post# 1

Did anyone else feel like an idiot when they finally discover an edge?
I literally felt like the world biggest retard when I had my aha moment , Literally 100% of the stuff I learnt were useless.
No indicators , NO SR , No Trendline , NO pivots literally nothing.
I wouldn't even call it price action trading, It was literally a pattern that occur everyday and took countless hours for me to even notice it.
So was anyone else edge so simple , it was almost unbelievable Or am I delusional .
NB:
I have place a TE to show the live results of my testing.
However somethings that should be taken into consideration.
1) The edge is universal on time frame it seem but due to time limitation I shall do the testing on a tick chart or 1 min time frame , this will make the spread a ridiculous amount $1.20 cent per trade , my thinking is if after 100 trades this account is in green ( even 1 % )the edge would be consider a real edge as on higher time frame 15 min + the spread is manageable .6 with a 12 pip stop compare to right now which is .6 with a 2-3 pip stop.
2) mistake will be made as the system is new.

fx75 Aug 15, 2018 8:36pm | Post# 2

Are we all idiots ?
yes!

aha moment may come may not also it could be just .. fake! .. it's rare!

Piquant Aug 15, 2018 9:34pm | Post# 3

NO SR .
I wish I hadn't looked through newbies session when I was just getting started.
I don't know what was your agenda in telling people that trading turned out to be so simple which is delusional ! and misleading.
But it isn't. Edge is not something you discover all of a sudden - it is something that's built and carefully assembled through years of tears and pain to know what to look for and when to act. Edge is cultivated not discovered. And SR is pivotal part of trading but there're more to it than that meets the eye.

Do I still feel like an idiot ?
Yes I do!

Are you being delusional ?
You probably are!

Grabowski Aug 15, 2018 10:49pm | Post# 4

I think it takes a lot of time and effort to figure this out, as we all want to complicate things. We want to be smart and fancy and call our systems name that sounds like we are going to concur the world. Hehe...
@AmmaBoss I'm pretty sure that the edge doesn't lie in the system, but in you :-)

I wish you all the best!

Jakob99 Aug 15, 2018 11:53pm | Post# 5

I wouldn't say I have had one singular moment when it all came together, but over the last few months or so I have felt a really noticeable change in my trading.

I feel like trading is one of those things where you can do it for years and feel like you've learned nothing, and then over a short period of time you begin to grow wildly. I have tried dozens of systems, some complicated and some simple, bought courses, read plenty of books... All the things that are supposed to make you a good trader. However, in the end, what has made me into the trader I am today was the training of intuition and instinct.

At this point, though I have learned many valuable things from courses, books, and the like, my trading is just based off of the most simple price action and 3 simple moving averages. I don't want to say it's easy now: that would be a lie, I'm not quite there yet. What I can say though is that I seem to be absorbing information on trading faster than before. Each trade I make, win or lose, now adds a new skill to my arsenal, and doesn't affect my ego going up and down like it used to.

I still make plenty of mistakes, I still lose trades here and there. But I am really happy to say I've started to "see the light" in Forex, and it makes me immeasurably happy to be able to say that after years of trading.

AmmaBoss Aug 16, 2018 12:09am | Post# 6

{quote} I wish I hadn't looked through newbies session when I was just getting started. I don't know what was your agenda in telling people that trading turned out to be so simple which is delusional ! and misleading. But it isn't. Edge is not something you discover all of a sudden - it is something that's built and carefully assembled through years of tears and pain to know what to look for and when to act. Edge is cultivated not discovered. And SR is pivotal part of trading but there're more to it than that meets the eye. Do I still feel like...
No way did I say trading was simple even with an edge one can still lose money .
I have experience amazing results on a demo account and blown live account following the same method repeatedly due to fear and greed , and the attitude of never losing that was beaten into me since early childhood, resulting in me blowing account while having edge in the market.
I also said that it took me countless hours too even notice such a simple pattern , maybe I am wrong and the pattern may disappear tomorrow.
but why is it so hard to think that one can be profitable without taking into account any of the major trading myth.
If support and resistance had any effect of price , just placing a trade at one should increase one odds of winning.
For every resistance that holds , I can show you one that breaks.
Can price action tell me if a S/R is more likely to hold than break sure ,
Can price action tell me if price is more likely to go up or down at any given moment I believe the answer to this is yes , if you agree the answer is yes then S/R is useless and price action is the key.
And there seem to be one thing price does way too much ......

DontKnow Aug 16, 2018 12:29am | Post# 7

I don't think I have so much discovered an "edge".

But I have learnt to trust my gut. I used to have a terrible case of closing trades to early and taking losses all the time. Now I am a lot more patient, in both entering the market and exiting. I am happy to wait weeks for the market to make a move before I enter, and am willing to ride the waves of market volatility for weeks to close where I expected it to go.

The biggest hurdle and learn experience for me so far is just trusting my judgement and gut.

loozers Aug 16, 2018 2:14am | Post# 8

Did anyone else feel like an idiot when they finally discover an edge? I literally felt like the world biggest retard when I had my aha moment , Literally 100% of the stuff I learnt were useless. No indicators , NO SR , No Trendline , NO pivots literally nothing. I wouldn't even call it price action trading, It was literally a pattern that occur everyday and took countless hours for me to even notice it. So was anyone else edge so simple , it was almost unbelievable Or am I delusional .
https://www.businessinsider.com/coli...nt-2013-9?IR=T

AmmaBoss Aug 16, 2018 4:37am | Post# 9

I shall put a TE for all to see as I always hated thread that claim something but fail to provide proof.
NB: this Idea is not fully tested and the op of this thread may be an delusional.

loozers Aug 16, 2018 5:16am | Post# 10

I shall put a TE for all to see as I always hated thread that claim something but fail to provide proof. NB: this Idea is not fully tested and the op of this thread may be an delusional.
OP needs to go to optician

Inserted Video

fxprimate Aug 16, 2018 6:45am | Post# 11

{quote} OP needs to go to optician https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo
I counted the correct number of passes .... but I did not even see him

loozers Aug 16, 2018 7:01am | Post# 12

{quote} I counted the correct number of passes .... but I did not even see him

Most manual traders can not see trade set ups in real time. Most traders are trading their emotions all day long.

Traders are humans and humans have emotions , this movie was very popular because of it's drama portraying emotions .Emotions of anger , frustrations , desire , greed , loss , chaos , silliness ,happiness , overconfidence, loss of control and sabotage and impatience etc .Observe the emotions in the movie , and you learn mindfulness .

The movie is very relevant to traders and ironic to trading , gambling cigarettes , loss of cigarettes/losses in trading and wanting to get their losses back .We try to get our losses back all the time.

There are no plans or discipline in this movie, they lose discipline , and trading requires discipline and following a game plan .There is no plans being being followed by anybody in the asylum , all actions /decisions are reactive ,emotional and stress reactive patterns

Inserted Video

Inserted Video

llxx77dd Aug 16, 2018 8:17am | Post# 13

{quote} maybe I am wrong and the pattern may disappear tomorrow. .

limprobable Aug 16, 2018 9:14am | Post# 14

Did anyone else feel like an idiot when they finally discover an edge? I literally felt like the world biggest retard when I had my aha moment , Literally 100% of the stuff I learnt were useless. No indicators , NO SR , No Trendline , NO pivots literally nothing. I wouldn't even call it price action trading, It was literally a pattern that occur everyday and took countless hours for me to even notice it. So was anyone else edge so simple , it was almost unbelievable Or am I delusional .
I had find 2. First after 3 years, the other after 5 years !!! There was in front of my noise.

VEEFX Aug 16, 2018 10:18am | Post# 15

Translation: we only see what we want to see (on charts). Ignore Charts and 99% losers will go down to 80%. Optical Illusion is the biggest trickster that market making algos use to trick traders by creating "so obvious easy to trade" chart setups a.lowing traders to draw lines or forcing to think that Pivots and Fibs and S/Rs and everything in between so beautifully works. Same concept used by magicians at Las Vegas too.... they want to draw your attention into something meaningless while doing their trick. Close your eyes and look at the underlying data that is used to create charts !

EDIT: The Gorilla in the video is also referred by CrucialPoint as the Joker in trading. We must identify and eliminate Jokers from our trading strategy and the only way to do that is to painstakingly go thru "process of elimination" and get rid of all the idiots talking nonsense on forums propagating crap that can never work in the long run. Jokers always work (exploit) short term memory of us humans.

VEEFX Aug 16, 2018 10:25am | Post# 16

{quote} I counted the correct number of passes .... but I did not even see him
Me 2. Why ? because our front portion of the brain counting the numbers requires the "focus" to process what we want to see.... all this is based on hard-core scientific evidence.

fxprimate Aug 16, 2018 10:28am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Translation: we only see what we want to see (on charts). Ignore Charts and 99% losers will go down to 80%. Optical Illusion is the biggest trickster that market making algos use to trick traders by creating "so obvious easy to trade" chart setups a.lowing traders to draw lines or forcing to think that Pivots and Fibs and S/Rs and everything in between so beautifully works. Same concept used by magicians at Las Vegas too.... they want to draw your attention into something meaningless while doing their trick. Close your eyes and look at the...
Magic trick

Name:  blue magic.png
Views: 4870
Size:  16 KB

AmmaBoss Aug 16, 2018 11:12am | Post# 18

Honest I have made so many mistake by refusing to exit trade between now and last night , this really isn't an accurate representation of the edge.
The results should get better after some time as I have never traded this way before and continuously second guess myself.
I am also trading the 1 min time frame which result in some bad entries as it simply move so fast along with the spread taking a huge part of the profits.
The edge apply to all time frame but the one minute would give quick results, while making it impossible to be profitable after 100trades without a edge as the spread matters way to much.
So my goal is to remain in the green after 100 trades , if this is done then I would consider my finding a real edge.

Arturke Aug 16, 2018 11:28am | Post# 19

have miscount but notice distraction in harmony of players move but didn't see gorilla ;D

Nivad Aug 16, 2018 11:38am | Post# 20

Here's a real ah ha moment for you.

A method is just a bunch of rules that get you into a market in (hopefully) the direction the market is moving or going to move.

100% of the methods here can be profitable. 100% of the methods here can get you into a profitable move sometime or the other. Flipping a coin and then buying or selling based on heads or tails can get you into a profitable move,throwing a dart,rolling dice,lunar cycles,pivots,pinbars,MACD etc etc.

It's not you entries which are important to success in this business. Entries,no matter what pattern you've found(or think you've found) have no edge by themselves.

It's money management and your exits that are the true holy grail in trading.

© Forex Factory