Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Weekly Pivot trading with TDI (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=793531)

skippyone Oct 17, 2018 6:49am | Post# 4921

1 Attachment(s)
NJ, NU off session highs. AU off as well but not as quickly pushing AN up.
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZDJPY R61 breakdown.png
Size: 58 KB

aizabelle Oct 17, 2018 10:24am | Post# 4922

Since the beginning of the week I find myself holding A and N long positions in a situation of moderate floating profits but stuck in a limbo area with no clear direction, plus AN long ranging around WS100. Later this evening there will be the FOMC, tomorrow morning AUD job data and Friday the China GDP, all RN affecting these positions. If there will not be a clear direction in the next few hours I could decide to take small profits off the table before the news. Any trader out there holding these same pairs ? {image} {image} {image} {image} {image}...
Same here, both already seem very oversold and due for a bounce (which they did somehow), but China scares me the most.

v2vboni Oct 17, 2018 11:04am | Post# 4923

2 Attachment(s)
UC ...just said "hi hi" again to Weekly Pivot ; )─

Name:  UC.JPG
Views: 1369
Size:  32 KB

on the other hand... EU is facing down the Weekly Pivot.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.JPG
Size: 32 KB

Pazdavid Oct 17, 2018 12:17pm | Post# 4924

Just got UC short reloaded at WPP.
Still waiting for EU long (price didn't reach my entry level).

I just want to say thank you for this thread, especially Davit, Neil and Ron for their contribution and inspiration.

skippyone Oct 17, 2018 12:30pm | Post# 4925

Just got UC short reloaded at WPP. Still waiting for EU long (price didn't reach my entry level). I just want to say thank you for this thread, especially Davit, Neil and Ron for their contribution and inspiration.
bit aggressive for me entry on the pivot with fed minutes in a couple of hours. Don't see any value in EU long - looking for shorts only.

v2vboni Oct 17, 2018 2:26pm | Post# 4926

1 Attachment(s)
UC ...just said "hi hi" again to Weekly Pivot ; )─ {image} on the other hand... EU is facing down the Weekly Pivot. {image}
EU

─about to sleep ...and I just let the price decides to eyeball R2 ; )─ good morning, good afternoon and good night!
Click to Enlarge

Name: EU.3.JPG
Size: 114 KB

Davit Oct 17, 2018 2:36pm | Post# 4927

Davit, based upon the most resent posts you've made, you have my utmost respect, I see your talent. Please tell outside of FF calendar for events, what other sources should be looking at as I want to get better at understanding fundamentals and it's effect upon the market. P
Hi DM
I usually most times just use FF calendar and if I want to read more on the subject I read Bloomberg and other sources whichever has compelling articles.
I think you should do your calendar events every week and you'll see measurable improvement and confidence increasing in your trading in a month or so.
There are nuisances you'll pick up when doing the calendar and when not doing at all.There are differences that you will know.
cheers

Davit Oct 17, 2018 2:38pm | Post# 4928

Hi guys look for NJ and AJ to drop and reload longs
that's in my game plan
We got a major news event on AUD in 5hrs and very likely AUD may get sold off prior of news....opportunities opportunities

Davit Oct 17, 2018 2:42pm | Post# 4929

1 Attachment(s)
UC ...just said "hi hi" again to Weekly Pivot ; )─ {image} on the other hand... EU is facing down the Weekly Pivot. {image}
yes good that you are in sinc
disclaimer copying my trades does not mean you will win as well I have 40k margin available which means I can take DD if necessary and hummer even harder hence what I do is what works for me but may not for you.
Its a probability game. UC may reach 31 before going south and I have no way of knowing the future.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDCADM30.png
Size: 39 KB

nezis Oct 17, 2018 2:44pm | Post# 4930

Hi guys look for NJ and AJ to drop and reload longs that's in my game plan We got a major news event on AUD in 5hrs and very likely AUD may get sold off prior of news....opportunities opportunities
Can you to show your plans on the chart?
Thank you in advance.

Davit Oct 17, 2018 2:49pm | Post# 4931

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Can you to show your plans on the chart? Thank you in advance.
AJ 7950 is good place to start in my view.In longer term AJ is going to reach 83+
NJ 73-7340 and under good place.
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDJPYH4.png
Size: 37 KB

Davit Oct 17, 2018 2:54pm | Post# 4932

still heavy long on AN
Green data tonight will send this flying north

DiamondMiner Oct 17, 2018 3:00pm | Post# 4933

{quote} Hi DM I usually most times just use FF calendar and if I want to read more on the subject I read Bloomberg and other sources whichever has compelling articles. I think you should do your calendar events every week and you'll see measurable improvement and confidence increasing in your trading in a month or so. There are nuisances you'll pick up when doing the calendar and when not doing at all.There are differences that you will know. cheers
Davit, thanks. Just trying to learn the Who, the What, the Where, the Why and the How on Fundamentals. To me knowing what could make the market bearish or bullish on news could be the difference of winning and losing. I notice the knee-jerk reactions to the news and want to know why.

Davit Oct 17, 2018 3:06pm | Post# 4934

{quote} Davit, thanks. Just trying to learn the Who, the What, the Where, the Why and the How on Fundamentals. To me knowing what could make the market bearish or bullish on news could be the difference of winning and losing. I notice the knee-jerk reactions to the news and want to know why.
you will know more or less once you start doing your weekly calendar events if you haven't yet..

Look in ART we can talk about the pear, shape,color,values endlessly but its entirely different experience when you draw the pear and apply the principles.
Former is an intellectual exercise latter actual real experience.Two are totally different.

RieseP Oct 17, 2018 3:12pm | Post# 4935

{quote} yes good that you are in sinc disclaimer copying my trades does not mean you will win as well I have 40k margin available which means I can take DD if necessary and hummer even harder hence what I do is what works for me but may not for you. Its a probability game. UC may reach 31 before going south and I have no way of knowing the future. {image}
I like what you said there, what works for you might not work me or visa Versa. Iím constantly saying to my self Iím not Davit and I donít need to be.

I only trade R61-100and S61-100 and tdi must be in extremes and I exit where there was previous resistance and support and price r spectacular these levels again.

This is my edge, I own these trades and I trade in a systematic approach, you see I have only got to be good at one thing to win in these markets and I like quality over quantity.

i am short on N/U and N/J and minimum TP would be R38 and I also took profit on U/C at WPP

1pipperhour Oct 17, 2018 3:13pm | Post# 4936

{quote} AJ 7950 is good place to start in my view.In longer term AJ is going to reach 83+ NJ 73-7340 and under good place. {image}
In on AJ and AN as well.

RieseP Oct 17, 2018 3:14pm | Post# 4937

Inserted Video

The famous Paul Tudor Jones documentary predicting the crash in 87-88 before he was famous, so intresting give it a watch

1pipperhour Oct 17, 2018 3:16pm | Post# 4938

{quote} I like what you said there, what works for you might not work me or visa Versa. Iím constantly saying to my self Iím not Davit and I donít need to be. I only trade R61-100and S61-100 and tdi must be in extremes and I exit where there was previous resistance and support and price r spectacular these levels again. This is my edge, I own these trades and I trade in a systematic approach, you see I have only got to be good at one thing to win in these markets and I like quality over quantity. i am short on N/U and N/J and minimum TP would...
There's a trading plan right there

MoneyTalks58 Oct 17, 2018 6:01pm | Post# 4939

Saw this analyze in the news section. Looks good.

https://think.ing.com/articles/dolla...er-buying-usd/

Davit Oct 17, 2018 6:27pm | Post# 4940

1 Attachment(s)
AN gaining legs
notice anglator plus we got major event coming up on AUD! Not everything is in the charts
Click to Enlarge

Name: AUDNZDM15.png
Size: 37 KB

© Forex Factory