Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Most Famous Blessing 3.9.6 EA and Setfiles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=792598)

Pippopotamus Jan 11, 2020 10:39am | Post# 1541

Since I began testing Blessing 1/2, there has been a steady trickle of profits into account coffer. This was expected. I am certain that all the perils associated with this type strategy have been reduced to an acceptable minimum with Blessing, a marvelous creation. However, holding trades over weekends has always been of great concern to me. To those trading Blessing live, I would ask if any measures are taken to mitigate the potential for large losses should an event take place which surprises/shocks the market into radically large moves. Any thinking on this matter, greatly appreciated.

detector Jan 11, 2020 12:31pm | Post# 1542

Since I began testing Blessing 1/2, there has been a steady trickle of profits into account coffer. This was expected. I am certain that all the perils associated with this type strategy have been reduced to an acceptable minimum with Blessing, a marvelous creation. However, holding trades over weekends has always been of great concern to me. To those trading Blessing live, I would ask if any measures are taken to mitigate the potential for large losses should an event take place which surprises/shocks the market into radically large moves. Any...
The one and only approach would be to cover your trades in the opposite direction, assuming you don't know for educational purposes (not to insult your intelligence as a trader) round up all positions open on that particular instrument, and open a position in the opposite direction, best case, trading will resume where it left off Friday and it's cost the spread, worst case, the market gaps dramatically on open, (either way position wise) you will negate any profit or loss, the only snag would be if the spread widening was an issue, done this in the past myself, makes sleep a little easier, hope this helps a little D.

Pippopotamus Jan 11, 2020 12:58pm | Post# 1543

{quote} The one and only approach would be to cover your trades in the opposite direction, assuming you don't know for educational purposes (not to insult your intelligence as a trader) round up all positions open on that particular instrument, and open a position in the opposite direction, best case, trading will resume where it left off Friday and it's cost the spread, worst case, the market gaps dramatically on open, (either way position wise) you will negate any profit or loss, the only snag would be if the spread widening was an issue, done...
Yes. This comes to mind immediately. Holding opposing positions is not permitted by USA regulations. A sub acct. with same broker may permit this kind of hedge, but not sure about this. This appears to be the safest measure to take. Thanks for your reply.

ursinho4711 Jan 11, 2020 1:12pm | Post# 1544

Holding opposing positions is not permitted by USA regulations
Thanks for the hint: which brings us to the question whether it makes sense to stay with the "UseHedge" function of the Blessing EA when programming a lite multipair version. I almost never saw anyone in any set-files using this function. Don't even know whether it would work properly in reality...
Any experience in this matter?
Thx and have a sunny weekend @ll!

detector Jan 11, 2020 1:50pm | Post# 1545

{quote} Yes. This comes to mind immediately. Holding opposing positions is not permitted by USA regulations. A sub acct. with same broker may permit this kind of hedge, but not sure about this. This appears to be the safest measure to take. Thanks for your reply.
Ah, I see, shame about the restrictions, other than hedging a collaborating currency I'm at a loss, do understand your concerns though, for this very reason I like to tie up before the break, only extreme do I hold, I had a live test going and managed to get all closed before the end of the week, not that easy but this is my way forward, only 3 currency X's though, suppose if there is more the chances of getting all closed could be a problem.
Nothing to do with what we talked about but what version are you using, also could you let us know your settings, I have placed mine https://www.energyexch.com/showthrea...9#post12698339 for my test, version Blessing 3 v3.9.6.09
couldn't load the set file, had to put it up as a snapshot, D

ursinho4711 Jan 11, 2020 2:39pm | Post# 1546

couldn't load the set file, had to put it up as a snapshot, D
You can rename it to .txt (which it basically is) and then upload it

blamshakk Jan 11, 2020 2:58pm | Post# 1547

have an emergency large account % stop in place (shirt protection) - for Black Swan cases such as the CHF unpegging on 15 Jan 2015 - which happened not over the weekend, but on a thursday

Generally though if you are using the settings i shared, then weekend gaps/ changes do not faze it much. there is absolutely nothing over the past 3 years which has made it broke into too much of a sweat

blam

Since I began testing Blessing 1/2, there has been a steady trickle of profits into account coffer. This was expected. I am certain that all the perils associated with this type strategy have been reduced to an acceptable minimum with Blessing, a marvelous creation. However, holding trades over weekends has always been of great concern to me. To those trading Blessing live, I would ask if any measures are taken to mitigate the potential for large losses should an event take place which surprises/shocks the market into radically large moves. Any...

detector Jan 11, 2020 3:43pm | Post# 1548

have an emergency large account % stop in place (shirt protection) - for Black Swan cases such as the CHF unpegging on 15 Jan 2015 - which happened not over the weekend, but on a thursday Generally though if you are using the settings i shared weekend gaps/ changes do not faze it much. there is absolutely nothing over the past 3 years which has made it broke into too much of a sweat blam {quote}
Blam, are you using the Blessing 3 v3.9.6.09, if not what version and could you publish your set file, totally understand if you don't want to, D

blamshakk Jan 11, 2020 4:15pm | Post# 1549

hey detector

yes you can use that version, settings I posted here: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post11285634

good luck, blam

{quote} Blam, are you using the Blessing 3 v3.9.6.09, if not what version and could you publish your set file, totally understand if you don't want to, D

detector Jan 11, 2020 4:36pm | Post# 1550

1 Attachment(s)
hey detector yes you can use that version, settings I posted here: https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post11285634 good luck, blam {quote}
I tip my hat sir and thank you, will keep the settings on hold while I keep testing my own, as posted, big thank you to Ursinho, something so complicated (for me) simplified
While my set shows no great money protection, I'm still on the learning curve, I chose EU,EG,GU but monitored them for the few days to see their performance, you can check the trades via my profile, they were encouraging, will keep you all abreast of further testing, thanks again Blam D
Multiblessingset.txt

detector Jan 11, 2020 4:37pm | Post# 1551

{quote} You can rename it to .txt (which it basically is) and then upload it
You are a starD

richard96816 Jan 11, 2020 4:37pm | Post# 1552

Hello, thank you for this good blessignBot EA, and for the set files I want t oask if there is anyway to make an additionnel setting on lot size to adapt the BlessingBot with your balance for example choose with whish risk you want to run your account 0.01:100$ 0.01:200$ 0.01:300$ 0.01:400$ for example if I chose a risk level 0.01:100 and my balance is 1000$, so the lot size with wish will open the position is 0.10 best regards,
There are all kinds of interesting ways we could expand Blessing and make her more complex.

Or you can adjust LAF and Multiplier while optimizing to get closer to your desired size and profit potential at the same time.

If you're not willing to do your own optimization then you'll only be realizing a fraction of Blessing's potential. Better to look elsewhere for a smarter EA or find someone willing to optimize for your specific broker.

Consider reading the whole thread. There's important information in there.

richard96816 Jan 11, 2020 4:56pm | Post# 1553

Have you traded stocks. That's where much of the trading-over-the-weekend anxiety comes from. Because stocks, unlike currencies, often go in one direction for a long time. Unlike currencies that usually trade in a (sometimes large) range.

Perhaps you need to consider diversifying -- trading more currencies at the same time. Reduce the impact of black swan events to a smaller portion of your holdings.

Remember, the probability that a black swan will actually be profitable is fairly high. Perhaps you don't want to protect yourself against that. Many traders are patient enough to wait for a currency to come back, which they usually do. On a smaller scale, that's actually one facet of what makes grid traders so successful, expectation of a rebound.

An important part of trading is learning to relax a little. :-)

richard96816 Jan 11, 2020 5:00pm | Post# 1554

{quote} Yes. This comes to mind immediately. Holding opposing positions is not permitted by USA regulations. A sub acct. with same broker may permit this kind of hedge, but not sure about this. This appears to be the safest measure to take. Thanks for your reply.
A good reason to consider opening an offshore account. My offshore account performs much better than my US accounts.

(The greater leverage certainly doesn't hurt either.)

Pippopotamus Jan 11, 2020 6:37pm | Post# 1555

have an emergency large account % stop in place (shirt protection) - for Black Swan cases such as the CHF unpegging on 15 Jan 2015 - which happened not over the weekend, but on a thursday Generally though if you are using the settings i shared, then weekend gaps/ changes do not faze it much. there is absolutely nothing over the past 3 years which has made it broke into too much of a sweat blam {quote}
blam, said large account stop in place will not help over weekends. An event of equal proportion to the CHF unpegging will no longer qualify as a Black Swan event. Not really concerned about typical weekend gaps/changes. Using your highly effective settings, but have FIFO set to true.

Pippopotamus Jan 11, 2020 6:49pm | Post# 1556

{quote} Have you traded stocks. That's where much of the trading-over-the-weekend anxiety comes from. Because stocks, unlike currencies, often go in one direction for a long time. Unlike currencies that usually trade in a (sometimes large) range. Perhaps you need to consider diversifying -- trading more currencies at the same time. Reduce the impact of black swan events to a smaller portion of your holdings. Remember, the probability that a black swan will actually be profitable is fairly high. Perhaps you don't want to protect yourself against...
...Not the time that matters, but the extent of the excursion in pips. Correlated pairs are triggered in groups. This tends to produce fairly undiversified baskets. The hedging basket used to protect acct. over weekends may also turn profitable. Relaxing is a good thing. Will try. Thanks for your great contributions to Blessing.

ursinho4711 Jan 11, 2020 11:37pm | Post# 1557

Another thread sounds like a good idea.
Here we go:
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...4#post12698714

Hope to see y'all there soon!

NoNonSenseFX Jan 12, 2020 11:21pm | Post# 1558

2 Attachment(s)
my preset for XAUUSD H1.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 149 KB
xauusdh1.zip

richard55 Jan 14, 2020 11:05am | Post# 1559

{quote} A good reason to consider opening an offshore account. My offshore account performs much better than my US accounts. (The greater leverage certainly doesn't hurt either.)
Hello richard 96816,

following yr thread for a long time and blessing is one of the very few ea's making good / very good profits on all of my demo accounts .
Now considering in the next few months going real.

but I don't necessarily want to go off-shore in countries like Seychelles and the like.
Preferably Europe or Australia with a good jurisdiction. Leverage 1:100, not higher.

I have no good feelings about investing larger sums of money with a broker in the Seychelles and the like.

Demo money offshore is good. but real money has to be transferred back!

ursinho4711 Jan 14, 2020 11:29am | Post# 1560

Preferably Europe or Australia with a good jurisdiction. Leverage 1:100, not higher
IC markets! You can, once registered, open different accounts with different leverages. Many many options of transferring money. Low spreads. Worth taking a look. You can begin with 1000USD or so, to see whether it fits your needs (and calms your worries).

© Forex Factory