Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Most Famous Blessing 3.9.6 EA and Setfiles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=792598)

richard96816 Jan 10, 2019 6:26pm | Post# 581

{quote} would you share the source code, please?
It's only a couple of lines of code. I'll see what I can do.

The formatting on my version looks a bit different from the original. I'll need to clean that up.

spotrate Jan 10, 2019 6:29pm | Post# 582

This is probably one of the best EAs in the world that makes the most money (for someone else)

richard96816 Jan 10, 2019 6:50pm | Post# 583

This is probably one of the best EAs in the world that makes the most money (for someone else)
There are a lot of people that find it helpful to their cause to denigrate or confuse others about ways of trading successfully.

Perhaps they've tried something and failed. Maybe they haven't learned good money management skills yet. Or maybe they think that if too many other people are successful it will reduce their chances. The big bankers certainly think that. They've probably got disinformation spammers on payroll.

Whatever. Do and say what you want.

Others with a little extra time and a couple spare dollars can learn for themselves. Don't trade money you'll miss. Use the best information you can find.
Don't be in a hurry. And don't be afraid to take a risk. Do lots of testing and Demo trading and let the results be your guide.

Good luck!

Buddakarn Jan 10, 2019 8:13pm | Post# 584

1 Attachment(s)
Please test and share set file.
Blessing_3_v3.9.6.09_yoh_mod_trend07.ex4

richard96816 Jan 10, 2019 9:20pm | Post# 585

Please test and share set file. {file}
What is your mod supposed to do? How does it work?

Thanks!

Buddakarn Jan 10, 2019 10:06pm | Post# 586

Itís not mine I download from 4shared.

Buddakarn Jan 11, 2019 7:19pm | Post# 587

1 Attachment(s)
Why this mq4 can,t compile ?
Blessing 3 v3.9_6_05Mod2.4 .mq4

richard96816 Jan 11, 2019 10:58pm | Post# 588

1 Attachment(s)
Why this mq4 can,t compile ? {file}
Fixed a couple bugs. Didn't test it.

Blessing_3_3v.9.6.05Mod2.4-fixed.mq4

mohsen2004p Jan 12, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 589

Thanks for your good editing, File does not work when compiled,why?If it was a profit(no loss) setfile for the strategy and the indicators you added for the whole pair of currencies, would it be possible?

richard96816 Jan 13, 2019 4:50am | Post# 590

Thanks for your good editing, File does not work when compiled,why?If it was a profit(no loss) setfile for the strategy and the indicators you added for the whole pair of currencies, would it be possible?
It works fine for me. Used it with my Blessing-Opt.set file and it optimized okay and was profitable in back-test.

Didn't try fine tuning yet.

Looks pretty interesting. Lots of new options.

mohsen2004p Jan 13, 2019 3:56pm | Post# 591

Thank you Richard.

richard96816 Jan 13, 2019 5:16pm | Post# 592

{quote} Fixed a couple bugs. Didn't test it. {file}
All equity curves produced in back-test look pretty jagged. Lots of flat spots.

Max net profit doesn't nearly compare to previous Blessing.

Could be I don't know the best settings for all the zillions of new parameters.

It's an interesting version of Blessing. But it's so different it should probably be called something else.

It could serve as a source of examples of all kinds of entry possibilities for other EAs. Assuming they actually work well ... and are readable/understandable. Haven't had time to check.

alexpailot44 Jan 14, 2019 1:56am | Post# 593

2 Attachment(s)
► I HAVE SEVERAL SETS IN THE FOLLOWING COUPLES GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPAUD, USDJPY. WITH GOOD RESULTS, 4 YEARS BACKTEST. RECOMMENDED FROM $ 500.00 to $ 1,000 .00 DEPOSIT DLLS at 1: 500 MINIMUM LEVERAGE.

* It took me several years in backtest
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-01-13 23_44_47-Strategy Tester_ Blessing_3_v3.9.6-vert.jpg
Size: 166 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: [USDJPY,H1 (visual)].png
Size: 97 KB

alexpailot44 Jan 14, 2019 1:59am | Post# 594

1 Attachment(s)
► I HAVE SEVERAL SETS IN THE FOLLOWING COUPLES GBPUSD, GBPJPY, GBPAUD, USDJPY. WITH GOOD RESULTS, 4 YEARS BACKTEST. RECOMMENDED FROM $ 500.00 to $ 1,000 .00 DEPOSIT DLLS at 1: 500 MINIMUM LEVERAGE.

* It took me several years in backtest
Click to Enlarge

Name: [USDJPY,H4 (visual)].png
Size: 91 KB

alexpailot44 Jan 14, 2019 2:07am | Post# 595

1 Attachment(s)
► EURUSD
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-01-14 00_03_30-Strategy Tester_ Blessing_3_v3.9.6-vert.jpg
Size: 126 KB

alexpailot44 Jan 14, 2019 2:39am | Post# 596

1 Attachment(s)
► GBPAUD
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-01-14 00_36_15-Strategy Tester_ Blessing_3_v3.9.6-vert.jpg
Size: 144 KB

cescof Jan 14, 2019 2:42am | Post# 597

► GBPAUD {image}
Hy... what about your purpose? Yuor setting seems really good, but useless if you don't try to suggests how to reach this amazing result.. Or you wanna sell it?
Thanks
Regards

fabio.g Jan 14, 2019 2:48am | Post# 598

► EURUSD {image}
38% dd on a 500$ account sounds a bit risky....

Carlos1 Jan 14, 2019 6:03am | Post# 599

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} I suggest you stop using tick data. Especially tick data from external sources. It's unnecessary and wrong. I consider it a scam. Every broker has different data. So how can third-party tick data work at all? Makes no sense. This also means that posted set files are no good. Don't use them unless you're sure they came from the same broker you are using! They may work for the poster, but not nearly as well for you. Tune your EAs to your broker's data or give your money away. Read your broker's fine print. They reserve the right to modify...
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your informative posts regarding optimizing set files for Blessing. I've always struggled do this but your posts are making it much clearer now

One question regarding the data for open price only optimization - My broker is ICM and they only seems to keep 3 months data available on the server which is a good initial indication if the optimized set file can be successful but to get any more data I would need to download it but I get the below warning.... So my question would be can you use this data for accurate optimization and back tests for 2-3 year periods or would you keep away from it? If you do keep away from it and don't use it, where would you get the additional OPO data from to carry out tests over longer periods of time?

Cheers,
Carlos
Name:  Data download.JPG
Views: 1089
Size:  31 KB

richard96816 Jan 14, 2019 8:01pm | Post# 600

{quote} Hi Richard, Thanks for your informative posts regarding optimizing set files for Blessing. I've always struggled do this but your posts are making it much clearer now One question regarding the data for open price only optimization - My broker is ICM and they only seems to keep 3 months data available on the server which is a good initial indication if the optimized set file can be successful but to get any more data I would need to download it but I get the below warning.... So my question would be can you use this data for...
Hey Carlos,

I've been studying and building EAs for less than a year. So my real experience is limited.

I do lots of research into the concepts and approaches that seem to work for others. From my reading it appears that multi-year back-testing is a hold-over from manual trading. It's a confidence builder and a way to assimilate price-action patterns into the human trader's memory through repetition.

There may be markets or pairs that don't change much over time. Those seem pretty rare. The further you go back the further away from today you get. And the less likely price action from the past will be repeated. But it's all we've got.

Many traders use number of trades as their validity check. Some say 20 or 50 trades is enough. Some prefer more. Number of trades and a high win rate.

Tuning Blessing well, over multiple years is very impressive and confidence-building. But we don't trade in the past. With most EAs, tuning for large amounts of history can reduce per-month profitability. Ability to navigate price action from a year ago might come in handy. But it will likely dilute profits going forward (If your EA keeps track of history and adapts over time things may be different. I don't think Blessing does that. I don't know of an EA that does.) If you optimize for all of last year your per-month net profit will usually be quite a bit less than if you optimize for just the last month or two. (Some call this curve-fitting. But all optimizing is curve-fitting. You just hope that your curve includes some of the future.)

Blessing is a valuable tool. But it's lacking a manual on how to tune or use. It's lacking a record of what works best and what doesn't. So we all become testers. Seems simple at first. Play with the numbers until it looks good over a long period, then trade it. That's a recipe for disaster. Instead ...

1. Tune for a reasonable number of trades.
2. Forward test the result on Demo.
3. If good, trade with a small portion of your account.
4. Remove EAs when they fail.
5. Repeat.

Forward testing is the best tool we have. Do lots of it. Those crazy people that trade their whole account with one set file are Nuts. Gamblers. Ill-informed. Not thinking straight.

One month of forward testing is worth a thousand years of back-testing. Still doesn't guarantee winning trades. Yet it's all we've got.

More soon ...

© Forex Factory