Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Most Famous Blessing 3.9.6 EA and Setfiles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=792598)

cescof Jan 8, 2019 5:57am | Post# 561

Hey folks, I'm using Blessings conservatively on USDJPY 1H for past 6 months or so and to be true, I've a hope looking at the past results. So, thought to put this question... - What are your top 4 pairs that you trade with Blessings and get good returns? - Also the timeframe.. Thanks.
I'm still in testing.... What about your result with Usdjpy and setting
?
Thanks
Regards

cdsaa Jan 8, 2019 5:57am | Post# 562

Using it on EURUSD, GBPUSD, & XAUUSD

i do check once a while on mobile and close if my manual analysis shows otherwise. I use Ichimoku for manual trading.

So reasonably so far decent returns. My Balance has gone slowly up to my satisfaction and risk appetite.

mdhanda Jan 8, 2019 6:05am | Post# 563

{quote} I'm still in testing.... What about your result with Usdjpy and setting ? Thanks Regards
Mostly standard set with below settings:
B3Traditional=true
MAEntry=1
LAF=0.5
Lot=0.01
Multiplier=1.4
AutoCal=true
GAF=2.5 (Used to have it as 4.5 to save account from a sudden big trend)
MaximizeProfit=true
ProfitSet=70.0

cescof Jan 8, 2019 6:07am | Post# 564

{quote} Mostly standard set with below settings: B3Traditional=true MAEntry=1 LAF=0.5 Lot=0.01 Multiplier=1.4 AutoCal=true GAF=2.5 (Used to have it as 4.5 to save account from a sudden big trend) MaximizeProfit=true ProfitSet=70.0
Thanks ... And what about your result if you can...
Regards

cdsaa Jan 8, 2019 6:07am | Post# 565

{quote} Mostly standard set with below settings: B3Traditional=true MAEntry=1 LAF=0.5 Lot=0.01 Multiplier=1.4 AutoCal=true GAF=2.5 (Used to have it as 4.5 to save account from a sudden big trend) MaximizeProfit=true ProfitSet=70.0
nice to see you using GAF to good use.

I didnt really use that until now. I will test with different numbers on the GAF and see.

spotrate Jan 8, 2019 6:16am | Post# 566

Wow what an amazing EA

mdhanda Jan 8, 2019 6:19am | Post# 567

{quote} Thanks ... And what about your result if you can... Regards
Well, a bitter truth.. I take my chances on real account.
In Forex, I've lost about 8k real money 'n in the end I left out with about $200 in my account. Then I put myself away from screen 'n put Blessings in control with conservative settings around mid July 2018. You can see my Trade explorer "MyForex" after that until Nov end. It's almost all of Blessings.

Recently, I've started to look into CCFP Basket Trading too.

spotrate Jan 8, 2019 6:22am | Post# 568

{quote} Well, a bitter truth.. I take my chances on real account. In Forex, I've lost about 8k real money 'n in the end I left out with about $200 in my account. Then I put myself away from screen 'n put Blessings in control with conservative settings around mid July 2018. You can see my Trade explorer "MyForex" after that until Nov end. It's almost all of Blessings. Recently, I've started to look into CCFP Basket Trading too.
It's a "Blessing" in the skies

richard96816 Jan 8, 2019 6:14pm | Post# 569

It may be easier to say which pairs don't work well with Blessing. Smaller list.

A small number of pairs don't look so great after a first pass of optimization (Genetic Opt.). Sometimes when I come back to them later and mess with new things in Blessing they tend to look better. If it doesn't at least double the balance per month I usually move on. Unless the equity curve and number of trades is compelling. Or if it's showing 100% winning trades as so often happens with Blessing.

Some only look good on certain broker's data. Which may mean they just need more intensive fine-tuning.

A few that are testing or working well for me are:

Oanda: GBPCAD m15, USDJPY h1, CADJPY m15, GBPCHF m30
Forex.com: USDJPY m5, USDJPY m15, CADJPY h4, EURJPY m30
FXChoice: AUDCHF h1, GBPCAD m15, EURCHF m30, EURUSD h4

This is only over a few recent months. If you're more of an investor than a trader longer run times may be preferable. I like to stay in the doubling per month realm. Either way set files start to go stale the day after you make them.

I wouldn't consider these necessarily good starting points. Choose a pair that interests you and a time-frame you like and do a first pass. If it looks great already put it on Demo. If it looks like it has potential refine it. If it doesn't look so good then try an adjacent time-frame and compare. First passes are fast. Do lots of them. :-)

Blue skies!

richard96816 Jan 8, 2019 6:31pm | Post# 570

A reminder ... you don't have to learn about money management by losing lots of money as so many do.

Go to Youtube and get an education. It's free and there are lots of great tutorials.
Search for the topic you need to learn. Use each topic as a springboard to the next.

I've learned a ton of amazing stuff there. If you don't like one video go on to the next ... there are lots of them.

Blessing and a bit of money management wisdom will change your life.

Blessing works differently than other EAs with regard to MM. Not just single trades. Once you understand the basic concepts of money management you can begin to apply them.

If you don't understand MM yet then don't put your money at risk yet. You can ignore many details and still make good money. You can't ignore MM.

Good luck!

cdsaa Jan 9, 2019 4:03am | Post# 571

A reminder ... you don't have to learn about money management by losing lots of money as so many do. Go to Youtube and get an education. It's free and there are lots of great tutorials. Search for the topic you need to learn. Use each topic as a springboard to the next. I've learned a ton of amazing stuff there. If you don't like one video go on to the next ... there are lots of them. Blessing and a bit of money management wisdom will change your life. Blessing works differently than other EAs with regard to MM. Not just single trades. Once you...

well said Richard.

cescof Jan 9, 2019 4:21am | Post# 572

A reminder ... you don't have to learn about money management by losing lots of money as so many do. Go to Youtube and get an education. It's free and there are lots of great tutorials. Search for the topic you need to learn. Use each topic as a springboard to the next. I've learned a ton of amazing stuff there. If you don't like one video go on to the next ... there are lots of them. Blessing and a bit of money management wisdom will change your life. Blessing works differently than other EAs with regard to MM. Not just single trades. Once you...
First time here in FF that I meet a person like you... Your suggest are really precious and positive... Thanks
Back to blessing I've tried to test with German 30 index but no way to get some good result. Could you try?
Regards

richard96816 Jan 10, 2019 7:02am | Post# 573

{quote} First time here in FF that I meet a person like you... Your suggest are really precious and positive... Thanks Back to blessing I've tried to test with German 30 index but no way to get some good result. Could you try? Regards
Sorry I'm not familar with the German 30 index. Not sure my brokers have it.

Have you tried my Blessing-Opt.set file and b3rf2.ex4 version of Blessing?

fabio.g Jan 10, 2019 7:11am | Post# 574

{quote} Have you tried my Blessing-Opt.set file and b3rf2.ex4 version of Blessing?
Hi,
let me get this correct, b3rf2.ex4 is only for testing?

mdhanda Jan 10, 2019 7:37am | Post# 575

@Richard
Can you tell me what is different in b3rf2.ex4 as compared to Original Blessings??

muggle Jan 10, 2019 8:30am | Post# 576

Hi,
I am trying forward test before using Blessing 3.9.6 EA with real money, I using Blessing 3.9.6 EA with 4 pair EURUSD, GBPUSD, EURJPY, and XAUUSD. I would like to control EA to trade only 1 order, if still have 1 order running other pair do not trade so how can I set the config for trade only 1 pair. if cannot set any option for can set it, How can I modify Blessing 3.9.6 EA to limited order only one on multi pair chart? So, Can someone help to modify it, I am not a coder.

cescof Jan 10, 2019 8:32am | Post# 577

{quote} Sorry I'm not familar with the German 30 index. Not sure my brokers have it. Have you tried my Blessing-Opt.set file and b3rf2.ex4 version of Blessing?
Yes i've tried but maybe is better stay with forex pairs

richard96816 Jan 10, 2019 8:41am | Post# 578

{quote} Hi, let me get this correct, b3rf2.ex4 is only for testing?
No. I'm trading it.

fabio.g Jan 10, 2019 8:50am | Post# 579

{quote} No. I'm trading it.
would you share the source code, please?

richard96816 Jan 10, 2019 5:57pm | Post# 580

@Richard Can you tell me what is different in b3rf2.ex4 as compared to Original Blessings??
My apologies for not explaining better. I'm spending all my time optimizing different configurations of Blessing. :-)

b3rf2 has an extra switch in the set file:

EnableOncePerBar

Set that to zero (0) and the EA acts like the original. Set it to one (1) and the trade open logic only looks at the first tick of every bar.
This is to speed up optimization by a huge amount by enabling use of MT4's Open Prices Only data model. It also promotes the use of YOUR broker's data, which is very important. It can reduce optimization times from months to hours or less. I was planning to adapt Blessing to work with MT5 since it optimizes so much faster, but this is still much faster than that.

I spent much of last year writing EAs. None as good as Blessing. So many scary stories about Blessing, I didn't trust it. Until I found out how hard it is to write something half as good. Open Prices Only kept staring me in the face, so I researched it. I added it to my EAs as a set option. I would optimize with OPO and then test with it off. The difference in net profit was usually less than 1%. But the number of optimizations you could run in your lifetime increased a huge amount!

Alex Du Plooy of expert4x.com has been making videos on optimizing for years. Two or three years ago he was using fancy tick data from another company to optimize with. More recently he's been promoting the use of OPO data from your own broker. Their massive amounts of testing shows it works better. And way faster.

It would take thousands more tests to verify which ultimately is more profitable. But the sheer months and years of extra time needed when using tick data seems pretty convincing to me.

I've got lots of instances of Blessing incubating on Demo accounts and most of them look pretty great. Strings of winning trades, one after another. I'm thinking seriously about adding an automatic shutoff. One bad trade and the EA stops trading -- time to re-optimize!

To answer someone else's question, it's probably best to trade with Once Per Bar enabled if you optimize with it.

I've been testing and trading with this option turned on for months and I like the results. You'll have to decide for yourself if you like it.
I think life is way too short to mess with tick data. One person can compete with a whole army of tick optimizers with this feature.

If this helps you become more profitable please pay me back by helping someone else.

Good luck!

© Forex Factory