Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Most Famous Blessing 3.9.6 EA and Setfiles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=792598)

paroucia Dec 19, 2018 2:10pm | Post# 521

{quote} Hello Paroucia, are you able to send me the Forex Flex, please? I would very much appreciate it. Let me know if you need my email. Many thanks in advance.
I can send it to you but i understood it needs license code to work! It didn't trade for me!

Mathcharyst Dec 19, 2018 2:15pm | Post# 522

{quote} I can send it to you but i understood it needs license code to work! It didn't trade for me!
Oh, I see. Never mind then. Thanks all the same.

paroucia Dec 20, 2018 3:56am | Post# 523

HI
after 48 hours it hasn't trade yet! i have this problem with some other EA's! What's wrong guys?

richard96816 Dec 20, 2018 5:17am | Post# 524

HI after 48 hours it hasn't trade yet! i have this problem with some other EA's! What's wrong guys?
All kinds of possibilities. How is it different from the backtest? How many trades per day did it make in the backtest?
Any interesting messages in the logs? What pair are you trading?

paroucia Dec 20, 2018 5:33am | Post# 525

{quote} All kinds of possibilities. How is it different from the backtest? How many trades per day did it make in the backtest? Any interesting messages in the logs? What pair are you trading?
I didn't get backtest! honestly i couldn't do it!
no messages in logs!
i used in 3 pairs! USDCAD, EURUSD, and one another that i forgot!

richard96816 Dec 20, 2018 5:50am | Post# 526

{quote} I didn't get backtest! honestly i couldn't do it! no messages in logs! i used in 3 pairs! USDCAD, EURUSD, and one another that i forgot!
What set file or parameters are you using?

Blessing won't work without very good and specific instructions. Settings are only good for one currency pair at one specific timeframe and often just one broker. Not surprising you get no trades without that. Or mostly losing trades.

Best to learn how to optimize and create your own settings. It's not that hard.

paroucia Dec 20, 2018 6:35am | Post# 527

3 Attachment(s)
{quote} What set file or parameters are you using? Blessing won't work without very good and specific instructions. Settings are only good for one currency pair at one specific timeframe and often just one broker. Not surprising you get no trades without that. Or mostly losing trades. Best to learn how to optimize and create your own settings. It's not that hard.
i use these setfiles for a cent account with 0.01 lot and 1.2 multiplier.
Blessing - eurnzd-m15-100-dollar.set.txt
AUD-NZD.set.txt
EUR-USD.set.txt

richard96816 Dec 20, 2018 7:21am | Post# 528

Who is your broker?

paroucia Dec 20, 2018 12:06pm | Post# 529

Who is your broker?
fibo

richard96816 Dec 20, 2018 6:14pm | Post# 530

{quote} fibo
I'm heading out for the holidays shortly. When I get back I'll see if I can help a little. Not sure.

In the mean time please go and learn how to run the MT4 Strategy Tester.

paroucia Dec 21, 2018 1:32am | Post# 531

{quote} I'm heading out for the holidays shortly. When I get back I'll see if I can help a little. Not sure. In the mean time please go and learn how to run the MT4 Strategy Tester.
Thank You Richard

richard96816 Jan 2, 2019 11:58pm | Post# 532

Question, what to do:

I have two Blessing setups both at initial stages of refinement. Both starting at $1000.

The first on CADJPY using just December data has reached $4000 in one month and is showing a beautiful smooth upward curve. Great profit for one month!

The second (GBPCAD) is showing a ragged curve going from $1000 to $200000 and ends up at $100000 over the last 3 months of data. A 50% draw down, but still a huge profit for just 3 months.

Which should I refine and use?

:-)

Blessing is an amazing tool.

melskie Jan 3, 2019 3:53am | Post# 533

hi,

I tried this version of EA for demo account for almost 2 months (actually 1 and a half due to holiday) and it was good, it earns 150% .

traderxp Jan 3, 2019 11:59pm | Post# 534

Question, what to do: I have two Blessing setups both at initial stages of refinement. Both starting at $1000. The first on CADJPY using just December data has reached $4000 in one month and is showing a beautiful smooth upward curve. Great profit for one month! The second (GBPCAD) is showing a ragged curve going from $1000 to $200000 and ends up at $100000 over the last 3 months of data. A 50% draw down, but still a huge profit for just 3 months. Which should I refine and use? :-) Blessing is an amazing tool.
hi richard

nice result
i'm also testing it on 1 min on demo for more 2 weeks and still making profit on demo account
so i'm going to do real account but first

can you share your sets

thanks mate

richard96816 Jan 4, 2019 5:58am | Post# 535

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} hi richard nice result i'm also testing it on 1 min on demo for more 2 weeks and still making profit on demo account so i'm going to do real account but first can you share your sets thanks mate
I posted a set file a few messages earlier that has my settings for starting an overall Genetic optimization. I would highly recommend that rather than my other set files. I currently use three different brokers. I've found that using a set file from one broker on another doesn't work very well. Especially for time frames of 15 minutes and lower. Even a set file from just one pass of the Genetic optimizer is better, and that's usually really quick.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy set files either. After spending a few months running hundreds of optimizations on Blessing I'm convinced that optimizing on the broker you plan to trade on is the ONLY way to go. (Which explains why I think paying for tick data is a mistake too.)

Blessing is amazing once you get to know it better. So many people seem afraid of it. I was. It's so flexible. It will do so many things.

People that think it's Martingale or some other crazy, dangerous thing don't know what they're talking about. Blessing can do Martingale-like trading if you set it up that way. But it can also do very safe and sedate trading too, while making bigger profits than more conventional systems. All depends on how you set it up.

201901033-gbpcad-m15-c2.set.txt

I've attached a version of the somewhat messy GBPCAD, m15 set file that goes from $1000 to over $1M in 60 days. But that uses hedging to try to clean up the messy equity curve a little. It probably won't look the same on your system at all unless you use FXChoice for a broker.

And here's a tamer version that goes from $1K to $32K in three months, with a much smoother equity curve. Same broker, no hedging.

201901034-gbpcad-m15-c2.set.txt

Please don't trade these. Or any set files that weren't created on your broker's data. Tune them up or better yet make your own.

The Genetic optimizer makes it easy and fast. Learn how to use that and maybe I'll write up some notes for fine tuning.
No sense using set files that aren't fine tuned for YOUR broker, no matter what EA you're using.

Blue skies, Green trades.

richard96816 Jan 4, 2019 4:59pm | Post# 536

Blessing doesn't seem to handle U.S. margin rules very well.

Has anyone looked into fixing this?

Thanks

richard96816 Jan 5, 2019 9:15pm | Post# 537

4 Attachment(s)
Not tested on Demo yet. Two months back test. Run on Forex.com data, don't expect it to work on others. U.S. restrictions and small leverage.

201901051-eurusd-m1-f1.set.txt
Click to Enlarge

Name: 201901051.gif
Size: 11 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ss.jpg
Size: 72 KB

b3rf2.ex4

Blessing slightly modified to work with 'Open prices'. No need for tick data.

Please share results ...

Blue skies, Green trades.

cescof Jan 6, 2019 4:40am | Post# 538

Not tested on Demo yet. Two months back test. Run on Forex.com data, don't expect it to work on others. U.S. restrictions and small leverage. {file} {image} {image} {file} Blessing slightly modified to work with 'Open prices'. No need for tick data. Please share results ... Blue skies, Green trades.
Thnaks for sharing... i'm trying all your different setting and also last Ea but i really can't reproduce any of your result... All my attempts are failed . Please could you tell me the exact period of your last test? i want try exactly the same of your... Same problem i had with all setting posted here...in this 3d.
Thanks
Regards

ok using short period (last 2 month as you) all it's ok but extend backtest time sadly equity sl is always reached....

richard96816 Jan 6, 2019 7:27am | Post# 539

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thnaks for sharing... i'm trying all your different setting and also last Ea but i really can't reproduce any of your result... All my attempts are failed . Please could you tell me the exact period of your last test? i want try exactly the same of your... Same problem i had with all setting posted here...in this 3d. Thanks Regards ok using short period (last 2 month as you) all it's ok but extend backtest time sadly equity sl is always reached....
Sorry you're having trouble. If you're using a different broker it's not too surprising. Each broker has their own data, all different. It's best to optimize for your particular broker. I'm using 3 different brokers and I usually have to start from scratch with each one. Starting with a set file from a different broker takes longer than starting from scratch.

My last post was on the 1-minute (m1) time frame as the file name suggests. That's the least portable of all (and sometimes the most profitable.)

Try doing your own optimization from scratch with this set file:

Blessing-Opt.set.txt

It has all the right parameters selected to do an overall first pass optimization. About half the time that's good enough to trade. More optimization may be desirable. Here's how to use it:

* Turn on Genetic optimization.
* Set the spread to something like 30 or whatever makes sense with your broker and currency.
* Set Initial deposit to $1000 even if you plan on trading a smaller amount. Blessing optimizes better with $1000.
* Set Model to 'Open prices only' or it will take all day.
* Higher time frames are quicker so you might want to start there. One hour (H1) is good.

See what you get.

Good luck.

cescof Jan 6, 2019 9:23am | Post# 540

{quote} Sorry you're having trouble. If you're using a different broker it's not too surprising. Each broker has their own data, all different. It's best to optimize for your particular broker. I'm using 3 different brokers and I usually have to start from scratch with each one. Starting with a set file from a different broker takes longer than starting from scratch. My last post was on the 1-minute (m1) time frame as the file name suggests. That's the least portable of all (and sometimes the most profitable.) Try doing your own optimization from...
Thanks for answer but for backtest I'm using tick data suite that are not broker related..
I Wil try some optimization ..
Regards

© Forex Factory