Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Most Famous Blessing 3.9.6 EA and Setfiles (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=792598)

cdsaa Jul 14, 2018 4:42am | Post# 1

6 Attachment(s)
I would like share my experience with Blessing 3.9.6.09

This is an EA developed by JTAToday.

It is one of the stable EA around. most difficult thing with this EA is set files.

I have developed few set files for EURUSD, GBPUSD, XAUUSD.

All of them perform well. Good stable returns for anyone who is looking for such.

Caution: Use it according to your own risk appetite. Test it well. Also maintain proper Account Balance. Do not use it on small account balances.

You can use ex4 version. mq4 is uploaded, for anyone who wants to modify. Not sure why one would want to do that.

I have tested on from 01-04-2016 to 30-06-2018
these set files are for these time frames as stated below.

EURUSD- H1
GBPUSD- H1
XAUUSD - M5 --- updated v3 reduced spread to 4, and BE to 5.

added - XAUUSD- M5 0.01 lot size set files- just reduced lot size to right size to keep drawdown in control.

Minimum Balance required to trade these pairs is $3000 If you keep it at $5000 even better.

In a year there will be appx about 3-4 times, big drawdowns of about $1000 - $1400 while trading. So be aware of the risks of martingale trade. Withdraw your profits from time to time, once you keep maintaining your minimum balance.

There is equity protection at 50% level. So if you balance is $3000, it would close all trades, if Equity falls below $1500 and EA will stop trading.

If you are able to use the EA, use it. If you have improvements you can suggest. and we can all benefit from it.

Am sharing my experience. So keep it clean on this thread.

I have learned a lot from this Forex Factory with community. Very good community the likes of @rodolfolm, @Stefdek, @mavilakandy, @kashifnawaz, @voldermar227 and many others, who have contributed selflessly to support others in their trade journey.

And am doing the same inspired by those good people.

EJ Set file created by @maikeru

M5 timeframe.

instructions of how to use this EA -- this is pretty simple normal nothing fancy. but for some novice users.

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...2#post11352732

Thankyou.
cd
Blessing 3 v3.9.6.09.ex4
Blessing 3 v3.9.6.09.mq4
B3.9.6.EUh1_v1.set.txt
B3.9.6.GUh1_v2.set.txt
B3.9.6.EJ_v1.set.txt
B3.9.6.XU_M5_sp4_be5_v3_0.01lot.set.txt

cdsaa Jul 14, 2018 4:50am | Post# 2

6 Attachment(s)
Test results for 2 yrs.

01-04-2016 through to 01-07-2018

EURUSD- H1 - 01-04-2016 through to 01-07-2018

Attachment 2895544

GBPUSD- H1- 01-04-2016 through to 01-07-2018
Attachment 2895548

XAUUSD - M5 - 01-04-2016 through to 01-07-2018
Attachment 2895551
EU_H1_2016_june2018.zip
GU_H1_b3_v2_2yrs.zip
XUM5_v1.zip

farang007 Jul 14, 2018 5:04am | Post# 3

Hi cdsaa,

I am FX newbie who like to test the EA. So far, I tested several given EA without any successful.

The latest one i have tested 7 weeks before it cleaned up the whole port.

Thank you sharing the EA.

I would like to test your EA and give you feed back if you don't mind.

Cheers,

billbss Jul 14, 2018 10:47am | Post# 4

Are the set files in the first post the same as the zip set files in the second post?
Thanks

blamshakk Jul 14, 2018 12:04pm | Post# 5

i've been trading Blessing for years, it's a great EA. cdsaa can you share any forward testing results, whether live or demo?

thanks, blam

cdsaa Jul 14, 2018 1:29pm | Post# 6

Are the set files in the first post the same as the zip set files in the second post? Thanks
Second post is with full past 2 yrs results. - First post is set files. I removed the set file - Zip to remove confusion.

Data used is Tick Data Suite.

cdsaa Jul 14, 2018 1:34pm | Post# 7

i've been trading Blessing for years, it's a great EA. cdsaa can you share any forward testing results, whether live or demo? thanks, blam
Good to know that you are using Blessing. Obviously settings is what makes it good or bad. It can blow the account.

Am not advocating Blessing. I have shared my work.

Am using all 3 set files in my Live account. Live results, they are in line with my back test results.

Results i have shared are from Tick Data Suite data. variable spread used. Dukascopy data.

falanca Jul 14, 2018 2:10pm | Post# 8

Can this EA be used on real account

TraderTero Jul 14, 2018 2:26pm | Post# 9

{quote} Good to know that you are using Blessing. Obviously settings is what makes it good or bad. It can blow the account. Am not advocating Blessing. I have shared my work. Am using all 3 set files in my Live account. Live results, they are in line with my back test results. Results i have shared are from Tick Data Suite data. variable spread used. Dukascopy data.
Thanks for the great set files. I was wondering if you could tell which values/indicators you are optimizing during the process.

cdsaa Jul 14, 2018 2:32pm | Post# 10

{quote} Thanks for the great set files. I was wondering if you could tell which values/indicators you are optimizing during the process.

though plenty of settings are on play..

i usually go with 4 options for entry and see which of the combination of entries worked for the pair.

then array lists for sizing.

these are the main variables i have tried and played with. Once there is life, i tried to improve on the result slowly by changing others.

Blessing set files is a slow process.

I got so tired, that i didnt look at other pairs as yet. am just happy with these 3 pairs.

cdsaa Jul 14, 2018 2:35pm | Post# 11

Can this EA be used on real account
Yes, I am using it on ECN broker.

But, you have to test those set files and take your informed decision whether you want to trade or not.

There are no restrictions on the Blessing, No expiry, no limitations.

It is not an EA, i developed. It is famous EA developed by JTAToday.

falanca Jul 14, 2018 3:49pm | Post# 12

Yes but it is closed automatically even on strategy tester.Didnt you conclude this

Lolaso Jul 14, 2018 7:22pm | Post# 13

Quite an interesting EA, thank you very much for sharing

But seeing the backtests, the EURUSD max drawdown was 22.48% and the GBPUSD max drawdown was 59.00%. Those numbers are very high so please advice to not use this EA on small accounts as it will blow them. No less than $1k, preferably more.

Albnd Jul 14, 2018 8:54pm | Post# 14

Quite an interesting EA, thank you very much for sharing But seeing the backtests, the EURUSD max drawdown was 22.48% and the GBPUSD max drawdown was 59.00%. Those numbers are very high so please advice to not use this EA on small accounts as it will blow them. No less than $1k, preferably more.
Totally agree with that. This is a point often overlook.

cdsaa Jul 15, 2018 12:15am | Post# 15

Quite an interesting EA, thank you very much for sharing But seeing the backtests, the EURUSD max drawdown was 22.48% and the GBPUSD max drawdown was 59.00%. Those numbers are very high so please advice to not use this EA on small accounts as it will blow them. No less than $1k, preferably more.
right. For each pair $1000 is needed to trade with this EA.

thanks for taking time to go through back test files. may be test on your end as well.

on GBPUSD- that is one single instance where it went that high DD on that setting. may be one of the big news event. i tried different settings, but couldnt avoid that instance. So have to monitor such events and close EA on big evens such as brexit. instead of taking chances.

cdsaa Jul 15, 2018 12:22am | Post# 16

Yes but it is closed automatically even on strategy tester.Didnt you conclude this
No i didnt get any errors. it uses standard indicators. nothing fancy. My side, it didnt close.

nanetto Jul 15, 2018 3:54am | Post# 17

Thank you very much! I'm going to test it! I'll let you know.

cdsaa Jul 15, 2018 4:40am | Post# 18

If someone can improve GBPUSD, i would love to look at it.

GBPUSD Jan 18th 2017 move of 600 pips is where the drawdown is. and then April 1st week 2017 move of 600+pips movement made that big drawdown.

lets see if someone can make it better. or manually identify such trades, we have to maintain and close them manually.

pquirst Jul 15, 2018 8:00am | Post# 19

I once saw a futures trader who created a strategy for himself. He did not share it but he said he created the strategy to kick in after a certain drawdown because it would revert back to the mean. Not sure how well it works over time just thought I would share.

cdsaa Jul 15, 2018 12:48pm | Post# 20

I once saw a futures trader who created a strategy for himself. He did not share it but he said he created the strategy to kick in after a certain drawdown because it would revert back to the mean. Not sure how well it works over time just thought I would share.
It is all in the details of such strategy. what does he do, when drawdown happens hedge isnt the solution.

for now option is to have bigger account balance to look at high draw downs.

© Forex Factory