Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Pyramiding EA (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=778769)

HeyYou Jun 16, 2018 3:31pm | Post# 1

Pyramiding EA

1 Attachment(s)
You can use it as a recovery plan; if you trade long term (buy and hold)... or to win a demo contest

about the parameters:

-"sl" indicates how many POINTS (not pips) to blow the account.
-when you reach the "target" (in DOLLARS) it closes all positions.
-all positions are OPENED and CLOSED below "maxspread"
-the EA will open "lotss" as the equity grows
-the EA will stop adding positions when the total amount of lots reaches "maxlots"
-if "buy" is true it will open buy orders and vice versa
-very important: if "first" is true it will open a position when there are no positions, set it to false after opening the first !!
lol.ex4

sabird Jun 16, 2018 6:33pm | Post# 2

thanks,

possible to backtest?

farang007 Jun 16, 2018 10:41pm | Post# 3

Hi HeyYou,

I would like to thank you for giving the EA.

All the bests,

HeyYou Jun 19, 2018 7:22am | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
Ok since I AM trying to recover

Click to Enlarge

Name: Noname.jpg
Size: 169 KB

I actually wanted to split the money and short EU, AU and go long on UC... but the actual situation on Gold is just too appealing

my target is 1000%!

DwainUK Jun 20, 2018 10:45am | Post# 5

@HeyYou could you please provide us more info: What is the working principal of the EA and etc.. ?

HeyYou Jun 20, 2018 11:58am | Post# 6

1 Attachment(s)
@HeyYou could you please provide us more info: What is the working principal of the EA and etc.. ?

Not much to say! it adds positions as the equity grows. for instance if "sl" is set to 3000 and your account is $100 it will open 0.03 lots; that means you're willing to risk 0.3% each pip. therefore if the account grows to $140 it will open another 0.01 (if "lotss" is set to 0.01). when the target is reached it closes all positions.

here's how it looks like :

Click to Enlarge

Size: 185 KB

HeyYou Jun 20, 2018 12:37pm | Post# 7

{quote} Not much to say! it adds positions as the equity grows. for instance if "sl" is set to 3000 and your account is $100 it will open 0.03 lots; that means you're willing to risk 0.3% each pip. therefore if the account grows to $140 it will open another 0.01 (if "lotss" is set to 0.01). when the target is reached it closes all positions. here's how it looks like : {image}

Another thing: when you close the first position (manually or with a SL/TP), it will close all the open positions ...

ekoveadvisor Jun 20, 2018 3:28pm | Post# 8

You can use it as a recovery plan; if you trade long term (buy and hold)... or to win a demo contest about the parameters: -"sl" indicates how many POINTS (not pips) to blow the account. -when you reach the "target" (in DOLLARS) it closes all positions. -all positions are OPENED and CLOSED below "maxspread" -the EA will open "lotss" as the equity grows -the EA will stop adding positions when the total amount of lots reaches "maxlots" -if "buy" is true it will open buy orders and vice versa -very important: if "first" is true it will open...
does Pyramiding EA have trailing stop?

ChicagoRob Jun 20, 2018 3:29pm | Post# 9

Doesn't place trades in the Strategy Tester

densol Jun 20, 2018 8:14pm | Post# 10

May i suggest adding break even, and break even step, it will avoid loss in retracement or
Trend switch.

Retracement: we win extra pips from break even step eg 20 pips to be and set 10 pips to lock in profit, and if trend continues the ea will resume adding lots so we still win big and avoid potential reversal

Reversal: our equty can handle more when trend goes against us since most order are closed from BE

Question: this ea works with pending order to trigger its first position?

Theres ea similar to this but placed order according to x pips move named forexrm i've been wanting to add BE on it too

HeyYou Jun 21, 2018 6:25am | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
May i suggest adding break even, and break even step, it will avoid loss in retracement or Trend switch. Retracement: we win extra pips from break even step eg 20 pips to be and set 10 pips to lock in profit, and if trend continues the ea will resume adding lots so we still win big and avoid potential reversal Reversal: our equty can handle more when trend goes against us since most order are closed from BE Question: this ea works with pending order to trigger its first position? Theres ea similar to this but placed order according to x pips move...

I will grant your wishes in the next days.. busy now

this was supposed to be for fun or as a recovery plan...but it can turn into something serious!

Click to Enlarge

Size: 203 KB

HeyYou Jun 21, 2018 6:54am | Post# 12

Btw gonna close all because if price retraces 150 pips I'm f**d

densol Jun 21, 2018 12:27pm | Post# 13

{quote} I will grant your wishes in the next days.. busy now this was supposed to be for fun or as a recovery plan...but it can turn into something serious! {image}
Thanks bud, its gonna be great trend catching assisting tools, and as i asked above do pending order able to be considered as ea first order? I could try it myself but my laptop is broken and i cant wait to know haha.

rogelio11 Jun 28, 2018 6:45pm | Post# 14

this EA looks interesting, any progress on its performance?

T4Trade Aug 8, 2018 8:37pm | Post# 15

This ea is trash and ridiculous

HeyYou Aug 11, 2018 4:01pm | Post# 16

This ea is trash and ridiculous

thanks dear

mariox Mar 1, 2019 10:08am | Post# 17

Your EA working also in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency?

HeyYou Mar 1, 2019 2:56pm | Post# 18

Your EA working also in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency?

IDK man, just try it out.

mariox Mar 7, 2019 4:24am | Post# 19

Now I see in your graph. EA opened a lot of positions at the same time, it's a little dangerous. You can add limit for this EA to open only one positions at the same time?

HeyYou Mar 14, 2019 2:57pm | Post# 20

Now I see in your graph. EA opened a lot of positions at the same time, it's a little dangerous. You can add limit for this EA to open only one positions at the same time?
I don't understand what you mean !?

this is a pyramiding ea that opens positions as the equity grows. in my case I waited for a nice breakout on gold and used 1:80 leverage or something like that... of course... it's dangerous.. that's why my account was $100.

© Forex Factory