Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication ( Elite ) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=77850)

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 5:58am | Post# 1

Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication ( Elite )

this thread is no longer available

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 6:17am | Post# 2

My current Trades

here a profit sample

http://www.abload.de/img/now1qk9.gif

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 6:23am | Post# 3

Here the CCI and Temp

2 Attachment(s)
Enjoy
CCI_Woodies_Lnx_v4.mq4
Elite.tpl

hayseed Mar 27, 2008 2:37pm | Post# 4

they come in three's

hey waterflame.... have you given any thought to possibly keeping the 3/34 ma cross but use the cci in a different manner.....

such as rather than have the ma cross and cci cross on the same bar,

let the long trade be when the 3 ma crosses above the 34 ma and cci is above 0.....

and for the short trade, when the 3 ma crosses below the 34 ma and cci is below the 0.....

i'm fairly confident this will improve your results..... backtesting a ea with the various conditions should let ya know for sure.....

also instead of using the charts 15 minute timeframe for the cci, using the daily timeframe cci with a period of 4 should help..... the higher timeframe might give a better sense of trend...... again backtesting via an ea will let ya know....

in any event, thanks for posting your system.....h

qwer1234 Mar 27, 2008 2:44pm | Post# 5

Hi, looks interesting, but it seems that one need a bit of practise (like any other strategy) in order to be profitable.

BTW, have you tried lower timeframes (like 5min)? Because watching a trade for sometimes 20+ hours is too much.

carrera87 Mar 27, 2008 3:54pm | Post# 6

hi waterflame can you tell us when you trade this system and on which pairs you use it ?

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 8:47pm | Post# 7

have you given any thought to possibly keeping the 3/34 ma cross but use the cci in a different manner.....

- if something will be changed, all the system will be out of balance and harmony, if you change any variable of the indicators, everything will return in disacordance

read the ATTENTION in the first post with the rules

the thing is to keep it simple and effective, and not add too much adding of preferences and rules

such as rather than have the ma cross and cci cross on the same bar,

let the long trade be when the 3 ma crosses above the 34 ma and cci is above 0.....

and for the short trade, when the 3 ma crosses below the 34 ma and cci is below the 0.....

i'm fairly confident this will improve your results..... backtesting a ea with the various conditions should let ya know for sure.....

- i'm trading with it now about nearly 2 years

also instead of using the charts 15 minute timeframe for the cci, using the daily timeframe cci with a period of 4 should help..... the higher timeframe might give a better sense of trend...... again backtesting via an ea will let ya know....

- as i wrote, every timeframe is the same, i doesn't matter in which timeframe you trade, its a question of your money risk management, and if your account is able to hold big trades

in any event, thanks for posting your system
thank you , keep heading

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 8:52pm | Post# 8

Hi, looks interesting, but it seems that one need a bit of practise (like any other strategy) in order to be profitable.

BTW, have you tried lower timeframes (like 5min)? Because watching a trade for sometimes 20+ hours is too much.
you are welcome, and about the timeframe, every job can be boring if you don't enjoy it, i also will make you aware of the 5 min chart risk, that causes very near price action, and definitely sharp volatile signals, most trades can be stopped out with your spread,
this is why i suggest only to trade 15min and higher timeframes

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 8:57pm | Post# 9

hi waterflame can you tell us when you trade this system and on which pairs you use it ?
i only use 4 pairs

eur/usd is very smooth in trading, have low spread, but less profit

eur/chf consolidate too much, but have nice break outs and good profit

usd/jpy has low spread, most time volatile, and very nice profit

gbp/jpy is maybe a bit dangerous with the spread, but very active and

gives best profit

li0uid Mar 27, 2008 9:10pm | Post# 10

this file doesnīt work to me with mt4? any suggestions?

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 9:21pm | Post# 11

when you have added the file to expert/indicators file, restart MT4, than it must appear

li0uid Mar 27, 2008 9:39pm | Post# 12

i am quite new to the hole materia with mt4 so sry for my newbie questions, it seems thats its working now the icon under the left site turned black

what does this script actually do, will it notify found signals or..

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 9:44pm | Post# 13

i am quite new to the hole materia with mt4 so sry for my newbie questions, it seems thats its working now the icon under the left site turned black

what does this script actually do, will it notify found signals or..
honestly, i dont understand your qustion " the icon under the left site turned black "

- make an image and write your question + description

ps: ask whatever you need to know

li0uid Mar 27, 2008 9:50pm | Post# 14

yeah i talking sh#t, itīs comming late down here and i should go to bed. what i mean is, i put this script to my mt4 folder under experts/indicators
after restarting mt4 i have a new icon to experts script folder to the left side of mt4, and so what to do now..

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 9:54pm | Post# 15

yeah i talking sh#t, itīs comming late down here and i should go to bed. what i mean is, i put this script to my mt4 folder under experts/indicators
after restarting mt4 i have a new icon to experts script folder to the left side of mt4, and so what to do now..
oh no, its not an Expert Advisor, its simply the CCI indicator with 34 variable preference, dont put the file in expert, but in C:\Program Files\MetaTrade\experts\indicators

you have to use the system manualy, i haven't the EA for this system, i don't know writing MQL

sorry

li0uid Mar 27, 2008 10:00pm | Post# 16

i could write but first would like to test, i am new to trading systems and mt4 for testing them but i do have a years of background in software development in nearly every language, i am sure itīs not difficult put this system into code, you can put everything into code if you good

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 10:09pm | Post# 17

i could write but first would like to test, i am new to trading systems and mt4 for testing them but i do have a years of background in software development in nearly every language, i am sure itīs not difficult put this system into code, you can put everything into code if you good
that would be amazing and very altruist if you do this for us, many many thanks friend

li0uid Mar 27, 2008 10:11pm | Post# 18

yeah will see what i can do, no problem. keep on posting your results with that system i will further check it out tomorrow, have to sleep, n8 everybody!

Waterflame Mar 27, 2008 10:13pm | Post# 19

yeah will see what i can do, no problem. keep on posting your results with that system i will further check it out tomorrow, have to sleep, n8 everybody!
n8, tomorrow

FXStarShip Mar 27, 2008 10:37pm | Post# 20

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for sharing your system WaterFlame. I'm testing on a 5 min chart with some different settings. I do like your 15 min setup as well
Click to Enlarge

Name: display71.gif
Size: 29 KB

© Forex Factory