Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Toptrend indicator doesn't remember settings (Metatrader 4)? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=771693)

imprator May 30, 2018 11:49pm | Post# 1

Toptrend indicator doesn't remember settings (Metatrader 4)?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi.

I have attached the Toptrend indicator, which I am using in MT4.

When I set the color width to my liking these settings are lost when I change timeframes or restart Metatrader.

I have previously altered default values for simple items (colors etc.) for other indicators, but can't identify what I need to change to alter the default values for color widths in the Toptrend indicator. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
toptrend.mq4

FerruFx May 31, 2018 2:38am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. I have attached the Toptrend indicator, which I am using in MT4. When I set the color width to my liking these settings are lost when I change timeframes or restart Metatrader. I have previously altered default values for simple items (colors etc.) for other indicators, but can't identify what I need to change to alter the default values for color widths in the Toptrend indicator. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. {file}
Width and Style were hard coded in the init() function ... hence overriding the user's settings.

Try the attached corrected version.
toptrend_v2.mq4

imprator May 31, 2018 8:55am | Post# 3

{quote} Width and Style were hard coded in the init() function ... hence overriding the user's settings. Try the attached corrected version. {file}
Thank you FerruFx, the revised indicator works perfectly.

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

FerruFx May 31, 2018 9:27am | Post# 4

{quote} Thank you FerruFx, the revised indicator works perfectly. Much appreciated. Cheers.

JacolineFIS May 31, 2018 9:29am | Post# 5

what does this indicator do, now i am curious

imprator May 31, 2018 6:29pm | Post# 6

what does this indicator do, now i am curious
I have only recently discovered this indicator myself, but on an initial review I think that it will be useful to me. More extensive testing is required to confirm this.

As for what it does; it is, I believe, an alternative graphical representation of Bollinger Bands (unless anyone knows better).

Here is how it looks onscreen;
- In a downtrending market the indicator paints a red dot above each price candle.
- When the price rises through the current red dot an audible and popup alarm occurs (if set). This happens during the current (open) candle.
- If the candle closes with the price above the red dot then from that candle onwards no further red dots are painted. Instead, blue dots are painted below that and subsequent price candles.
- The first blue dot is larger than standard blue dots, signalling the beginning of a projected change in trend.
- As you would expect, all of the above works in reverse when an uptrending market turns down.

Hope this helps.

JacolineFIS Jun 1, 2018 8:01am | Post# 7

{quote} I have only recently discovered this indicator myself, but on an initial review I think that it will be useful to me. More extensive testing is required to confirm this. As for what it does; it is, I believe, an alternative graphical representation of Bollinger Bands (unless anyone knows better). Here is how it looks onscreen; - In a downtrending market the indicator paints a red dot above each price candle. - When the price rises through the current red dot an audible and popup alarm occurs (if set). This happens during the current (open)...

thank you very much

gasa84 Jul 25, 2018 11:44am | Post# 8

thanks for sharing this indicator with us. I have seen some similarities with one of the alien's methods called DDS crossing. please correct me if I wrong. thank you again Mr FerruFx.

© Forex Factory