Toptrend indicator doesn't remember settings (Metatrader 4)?
I have attached the Toptrend indicator, which I am using in MT4.
When I set the color width to my liking these settings are lost when I change timeframes or restart Metatrader.
I have previously altered default values for simple items (colors etc.) for other indicators, but can't identify what I need to change to alter the default values for color widths in the Toptrend indicator. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Try the attached corrected version.
what does this indicator do, now i am curious
As for what it does; it is, I believe, an alternative graphical representation of Bollinger Bands (unless anyone knows better).
Here is how it looks onscreen;
- In a downtrending market the indicator paints a red dot above each price candle.
- When the price rises through the current red dot an audible and popup alarm occurs (if set). This happens during the current (open) candle.
- If the candle closes with the price above the red dot then from that candle onwards no further red dots are painted. Instead, blue dots are painted below that and subsequent price candles.
- The first blue dot is larger than standard blue dots, signalling the beginning of a projected change in trend.
- As you would expect, all of the above works in reverse when an uptrending market turns down.
Hope this helps.
thank you very much
thanks for sharing this indicator with us. I have seen some similarities with one of the alien's methods called DDS crossing. please correct me if I wrong. thank you again Mr FerruFx.
© Forex Factory