Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Andrews Pitchfork (Median Line) (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=76597)

shervinm Aug 3, 2018 9:25am | Post# 7901

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/produ...tab_p_overview

Pitchfork Panel

An Indicator for drawing of 15 types of Pitchforks
This indicator designed for traders who are working professionally with pitchforks.
By using this indicator, we can draw 15 types of new and very professional pitchforks, based on the main pitchfork.

1. Standard_Schiff
  2. Modified_Schiff
  3. Mikula_Schiff
  4. Dologa_Schiff_1
  5. Dologa_Schiff_2
  6. Dologa_T_Pitchfork_B
  7. Dologa_T_Pitchfork_C
  8. A_B_Corner_Pitchfork
  9. A_C_Corner_Pitchfork
  10. A_C_Vertical_Pitchfork
  11. A_B_Horizon_A_Pitchfork
  12. A_B_Horizon_B_Pitchfork
  13. A_C_Horizon_A_Pitchfork
  14. A_C_Horizon_C_Pitchfork
  15. Inner_Pitchfork

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/produ...tab_p_overview

kapital Aug 3, 2018 7:28pm | Post# 7902

{quote} Bingo, but take your forks down a degree.
What do you mean?

Nice to see you again.

kapital Sep 4, 2018 3:56pm | Post# 7903

{quote} I have a fascinating tool that was built by Graduate Physics Students I 'mentor' about the financial applications of their education [think...how can they become highly paid quants???]. The best way to describe it is this: Fifth or sixth dimension in space, take a tested Median Line and its Parallels and rotate it about it's B-C line, to form an almost parabolic three dimensional shape with the same internal slope of the Median Line, that runs inside this shape. It captures time, space and price...but it's darned computer intensive, even...

I would really like to see the application of this software...especially since it has been 9+ years since this post.

Has anyone here ever had such a privilege?

kapital Dec 25, 2018 9:02am | Post# 7904

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: MERRY XMAS.png
Size: 65 KB

nkhacduy Dec 25, 2018 9:55am | Post# 7905

I have been learning pitchfork since 2015 but still want to improve, any group or Skype group or forum that I can join?

kapital Dec 30, 2018 9:48am | Post# 7906

I have been learning pitchfork since 2015 but still want to improve, any group or Skype group or forum that I can join?

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...28#post9433628

Winston Reed Dec 30, 2018 6:45pm | Post# 7907

www.marketgeometry.com

Abe16 Feb 22, 2019 8:09am | Post# 7908

1 Attachment(s)
This thread not too active but I hope it can be restored. I've been reading from beginning and notice the great Tim Morge once contributed. I use Andrew's Pitchforks. Here is my 30min chart on USDCAD. Any comments welcome.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 6.06.14 AM.png
Size: 488 KB

Abe16 Feb 22, 2019 12:26pm | Post# 7909

1 Attachment(s)
This thread not too active but I hope it can be restored. I've been reading from beginning and notice the great Tim Morge once contributed. I use Andrew's Pitchforks. Here is my 30min chart on USDCAD. Any comments welcome. {image}
Interesting how this played out. Anyone with thoughts?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 10.24.54 AM.png
Size: 509 KB

pips4life Feb 22, 2019 1:36pm | Post# 7910

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Interesting how this played out. Anyone with thoughts? {image}
Your drawn forks are good, but only on M30. Best to draw multiple TF charts and keep in mind the larger timeframes also, which generally rule.

Black PF would have been obvious next higher degree (to which I've added its magenta ModSchiff, with some resonance).
A black sliding parallel (which I myself don't make substantial use of, preferring instead major PF lines) appears to have contained the recent peak.

Black could have been blue instead, using a more significant pivot pt1 (aka A) which slightly sharpens the slope, but not enough to touch the recent high.

Green is another most obvious PF here, and it resonated quite well, including containing two recent peaks from which price appears to be falling off.

You can check even higher degrees as well, on Daily and even Weekly charts.

At least these other two PF threads are good: here and here
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-02-22_USDCAD_H1.png
Size: 82 KB

Abe16 Feb 22, 2019 2:59pm | Post# 7911

{quote} Your drawn forks are good, but only on M30. Best to draw multiple TF charts and keep in mind the larger timeframes also, which generally rule. Black PF would have been obvious next higher degree (to which I've added its magenta ModSchiff, with some resonance). A black sliding parallel (which I myself don't make substantial use of, preferring instead major PF lines) appears to have contained the recent peak. Black could have been blue instead, using a more significant pivot pt1 (aka A) which slightly sharpens the slope, but not enough to...
Thanks. I've been using forks for several years. MTF is popular but in my experience have found it problematic. I trade the time frame as is and don't look for entries on lower time frames. The fork and price action are my guide.

Abe16 Feb 22, 2019 8:52pm | Post# 7912

{quote} Your drawn forks are good, but only on M30. Best to draw multiple TF charts and keep in mind the larger timeframes also, which generally rule. Black PF would have been obvious next higher degree (to which I've added its magenta ModSchiff, with some resonance). A black sliding parallel (which I myself don't make substantial use of, preferring instead major PF lines) appears to have contained the recent peak. Black could have been blue instead, using a more significant pivot pt1 (aka A) which slightly sharpens the slope, but not enough to...
Thanks for those links. Multitudes of chart pics but not much else. Maybe i'm missing something...like trades???

AlexanderE Feb 25, 2019 3:13pm | Post# 7913

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I have recently decided to dedicate more time to improving my median line plots because I have always been amazed by this tool and would like to find my own way of trading using it. I just had a look at GBPUSD any comments would be appreciated.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 23 KB

Abe16 Feb 25, 2019 7:59pm | Post# 7914

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I have recently decided to dedicate more time to improving my median line plots because I have always been amazed by this tool and would like to find my own way of trading using it. I just had a look at GBPUSD any comments would be appreciated. {image}
Andrew's Pitchforks can be drawn many ways. Using them to your advantage takes a bit of practice.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 5.56.13 PM.png
Size: 393 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 5.56.43 PM.png
Size: 427 KB

AlexanderE Feb 26, 2019 4:48am | Post# 7915

{quote} Andrew's Pitchforks can be drawn many ways. Using them to your advantage takes a bit of practice. {image} {image}
Thanks Abe thats interesting work. Am I right in thinking the blue captures the longer term move and the orange shorter term? Also what rules would you use to pick your pivot points, I have looked at quite a few plots so far from different people and there seems to be a variety of ways to go about it.

Abe16 Feb 26, 2019 7:45am | Post# 7916

Try to use HLH and LHL of major swings. There is not necessarily one right way but rather the way that makes sense to you.

Abe16 Feb 26, 2019 12:06pm | Post# 7917

2 Attachment(s)
Good example of test, retest of parallel slider in market making higher highs and higher lows. Good separation on retest as Tim would say. Passed on the trade as liquidity drying up this time of day in FX.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.00.03 AM.png
Size: 432 KBClick to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.00.24 AM.png
Size: 339 KB

tidal Feb 26, 2019 12:19pm | Post# 7918

Tried this system and Iíve so many perspectives. Hard for me to see which way to trade. Still learning from it.

Abe16 Feb 26, 2019 12:29pm | Post# 7919

Tried this system and Iíve so many perspectives. Hard for me to see which way to trade. Still learning from it.
A system implies a mechanical component. It would be difficult to systemetize Andrew's Pitchforks and even if done profitability would be unlikely. APs better for discretionary traders with very good understanding of price action and market movement in waves.

Abe16 Feb 26, 2019 3:09pm | Post# 7920

1 Attachment(s)
Good example of test, retest of parallel slider in market making higher highs and higher lows. Good separation on retest as Tim would say. Passed on the trade as liquidity drying up this time of day in FX. {image}{image}
Glad I passed but if not that's what stop losses are for. Anyway perhaps another opportunity has presented. That's the neat thing about Andrew's Pitchforks. Using them to outline price which is really a way of just following price often results in trades just showing up unexpectedly.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 1.05.49 PM.png
Size: 511 KB

© Forex Factory