Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/17-recycle-bin)
-   -   (binned per thread starter's request) Currency Strength with cont (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/761579-binned-per-thread-starters-request-currency-strength-with)

lordgbengs Aug 18, 2019 9:55am | Post# 2561

{quote} I did arduous, painstaking research into currency strength fluctuations on every 4hr candle close over an extensive period of time. I need to make better use of the data and do more analysis, but, the most obvious takeaway was that the two/three strongest currencies one week were the weakest the next. Occasionally there were exceptions, but it let me know what to look out for. You don’t have to chase the dragon, let a weak currency have a strong run and capitalise on a pullback The super weak GBP just gained ground against the two...
You are correct, I did similar research too but not over an extensive period. The exception i think, will be when the trend is actually changing or short term good sentiments filtering in that drives the currency in the short term.

Will be interested to hear your views on the drivers of the exception based on your findings for learning.

tradur Aug 19, 2019 6:16pm | Post# 2562

anyone took any trades today?

ForexSwag Aug 20, 2019 6:02am | Post# 2563

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was NZD-USD
Click to Enlarge

Name: NZD-USD M15 2019.PNG
Size: 102 KB

djordje Aug 20, 2019 3:19pm | Post# 2564

First of all, I want to say one big thanks to Neilsdigest and all the contributors for this great strategy that is a full of logic and realistic approach. Due to my lack of English language, I have no stamina to read all 128 pages, I have read first 10 and last 10-15 pages from the thread + few one randomly,and that is enough for me to understand core principles especially from the first page.
I have only one question.
Someone mentioned "main pairs" with Net 5000 lots or more in total positions at retail traders. Does main pairs in this strategy mean only usd pairs+few others gbpjpy, gbpchf etc ..? because i noticed one entry from Neilsdigest post 607 on 31.page when he did entry on cadjpy 25th May 2018 then were only 600- 700 lots in total at retail traders side (if we take a look at the myfxbook chart at that date). So, is there other rule for "cross" pairs and which they are? Because often it is too late to jump in trade if we wait 5000 lots on some cross pairs and the trend is almost at the end (even earlier at 2000-3000 lots). In those cases,is it enough to only pay attention to the D1 chart, RSI 2 hlc3 + relation at least 70-30 long-short positions at retails positions for some opportunities?
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm very glad this thread is still alive and here are some experienced members who post their setups and thoughts from time to time, and that will help a lot to us, novice traders who likes this strategy.Best Regards

lordgbengs Aug 22, 2019 8:26am | Post# 2565

Market has really been dull this week.

4xu2 Aug 22, 2019 10:57am | Post# 2566

Market has really been dull this week.
It sure has. I only trade the daily TF and that has been slow going. That's ok, I'll be leaving for the Philippines in a couple of weeks so I'll just take a well deserved break for awhile. The markets are usually slow this time of year but this year is extra slow.

lordgbengs Aug 22, 2019 11:46am | Post# 2567

{quote} It sure has. I only trade the daily TF and that has been slow going. That's ok, I'll be leaving for the Philippines in a couple of weeks so I'll just take a well deserved break for awhile. The markets are usually slow this time of year but this year is extra slow.
Great, enjoy your vacation in the Philipines 4xu2, you can share the lovely beaches here .
Hopefully we will see more action in coming weeks.

copi88 Aug 26, 2019 7:20am | Post# 2568

{quote} Hi copi88 You have inspired me to study in depth the issue of intermarket, statistical arbitrage and how to give value to the instrument, in fact I have already read each and every one of your posts. Besides, I hope one day can take Ray's courses, not by the moment, I can't. I am immersed in the fascinating vwap world and I have chosen as a guide to trader jperl in another forum and although his teachings date from 2007 approximately have a deep relevance today, I believe they are timeless universal principles. Regarding this topic and knowing...
Just have vwap start at the beginning of the new day around 12am LDN time. Some start it at 11pm but it wont make a difference.

Yes VWAP is applicable to all markets. I cannot say if it is better on one more than another.

assassin85 Aug 29, 2019 11:57am | Post# 2569

Yo Neil, what happened to your top and bottom method? You change boats very quickly. Sometimes WCU, then roofs and bottoms , then RSI and now pairing two correlated pairs together. If you really were with Barclays then why not have one strategy? And you often belittled mt4 traders and now look who is using EA on mt4.
Hey botan, you shoved me once for confronting Neil. Hahaha. The jokes on you .

MarkStep Aug 31, 2019 1:23am | Post# 2570

Does anybody know an indicator where retail sentiment changes over time and how fast retail is piling in, not just current positioning...

thanks!

Nguyenanhtu Sep 29, 2019 5:17am | Post# 2571

Just a few thoughts. Mainly to newcomers to this thread. Newcomers to forex. Welcome, to the crazy house but please read the following. It will help you understand a bit better and maybe find that forex is not for you. The strategy and ideas on this thread are supplied for free.. you are not being asked to pay for anything....So I will not supply my complete strategies to you. So please don't ask. The basics are there in the first post. The best way to learn is to go and try it yourself and put your own mark on it. Try different things like a RSI...
Dear neilsdigest ! I really thank you in this life. Thanks to you, my life has changed. Are you a Catholic? May God be with you. Thank you. I love you. You are my benefactor

MarkStep Oct 9, 2019 8:34am | Post# 2572

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} any good source you can find on google.. skim through a few of your selected ones and if they all show a clear sentiment use it.
Can you please tell me the name of these indicators use? thank you
Click to Enlarge

Name: veni.png
Size: 94 KB

Nguyenanhtu Oct 16, 2019 2:54am | Post# 2573

1 Attachment(s)
master neils ! please help me? why this wrong?
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2019-10-16_135214.png
Size: 33 KB

Nguyenanhtu Oct 17, 2019 5:41am | Post# 2574

I have tried a lot from this forum. Can you pm me the RSI value EA, I really want to test it. I am really grateful to you

Nguyenanhtu Oct 17, 2019 10:08am | Post# 2575

Dear neildigest hanover and devoted people here. I owe you guys. Thanks for this trash. i have one key for future

Nguyenanhtu Oct 18, 2019 11:19pm | Post# 2576

neildigest is genius. I can prove it

Nguyenanhtu Oct 20, 2019 3:43pm | Post# 2577

Neildigest!
i miss you. Please let me follow you, because my knowledge is too small

fxbarwise Nov 7, 2019 4:10pm | Post# 2578

1 Attachment(s)
I received a request to be able to select time frame on the Trendstrength - RSI indicator. Herewith the multi-timeframe version of the indicator.
TrendStrength - RSI-MTF.ex4

newbi3 Dec 21, 2019 4:53am | Post# 2579

trend strength indcator only works on D time frame right? do we have any other setting to use on 4hour and 1 hour TF?

I received a request to be able to select time frame on the Trendstrength - RSI indicator. Herewith the multi-timeframe version of the indicator. {file}
this indcator doesnt work on chart,i kept it on indactorsand and in expert also

rumbaut Dec 23, 2019 3:37am | Post# 2580

I received a request to be able to select time frame on the Trendstrength - RSI indicator. Herewith the multi-timeframe version of the indicator. {file}
Hello fxbarwise

Is possible to get the value of this indicator under data windows ?

Thanks in advance
Jose

© Forex Factory