Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Recycle Bin (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   (binned per thread starter's request) Currency Strength with cont (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=761579)

VEEFX May 4, 2019 2:04am | Post# 2021

1 Attachment(s)
A lot of WHY did the GBP move up today instead of down..... 03 May 2019 People still don't get this simple method. Even the GBP futures was up over 1% on the day. Price goes where it wants. I'm saying no more I have left this place except to cause trouble ;-) {image} {image} {image}
:-)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 51 KB

neilsdigest May 4, 2019 5:26am | Post# 2022

{quote} Neil: I thought you left and decided to live the LIFE with all that profit you make . Take care Jess
Hi Jess... I have and should of stayed away.. I logged in once in nearly a year to find something in this thread.. Then all hell broke lose again lol

All that money and still drive a Mini Cooper. Bloody love them.. If you like Go-Karts drive a mini :-)

I hope you're still doing great and thanks for all that help you gave me.

Have fun

Neil

neilsdigest May 4, 2019 5:28am | Post# 2023

{quote} :-) {image}
I believe a Bit of drawdown on that one for him. Well a lot I say.

It's Forex. Anything can happy and usually does ;-)

"quote" -
Pound Sterling is the week's best performing currency with a poor performance by Labour and the Conservatives in local elections likely to spur the two sides towards agreeing a Brexit deal as they seek to lance the boil that is Brexit.
The Pound's advance accelerated late on Friday afternoon following comments from Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn that a deal on leaving the EU must be decided by the UK parliament soon.

Always expect the unexpected.. Or it will fly though those pivots like a knife in hot butter ;-)

neilsdigest May 4, 2019 9:38am | Post# 2024

One last post... I was home alone ;-)

89% of retail traders where short GBP at the start of day Friday 3rd May 2019.... That tells you with high probability to look for LONGS in the GBP.

Simple method. Look at what the GBP futures market was doing. In the afternoon of Friday the GBP futures market quickly rose to 0.50%. BUY the GBP. Will it carry on the move? Well maybe, maybe not but you had two things on your side.

One: Retail where selling the GBP. 89% where selling the GBP combined.

TWO: Big institutions where buying it. Like massively buying it. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn words helped the move up.

The GBP futures market ended up 1.10% on the day. So if you bought the GBP when it reached 0.50% you would of made 0.60% if you closed just before the markets closed. Around 950 pips. Well 95 in real pip terms. 950 points.

Just from one GBP pair

The GBP/USD rose up 1.14%

The GBP rose against the EURO by 0.80% on the day

The ISE SPOT GBPUSD (INDEX) Nasdaq Daily rose 1.07%

That has happened twice this week.. Wednesday and Friday. Edit It was Tuesday not Wednesday.

Don't buy against the power of the institutional traders what ever your method says to the contrary. You will always end up losing.

VEEFX May 4, 2019 10:56am | Post# 2025

2 Attachment(s)
One last post... I was home alone ;-) 89% of retail traders where short GBP at the start of day Friday 3rd May 2019.... That tells you with high probability to look for LONGS in the GBP. Simple method. Look at what the GBP futures market was doing. In the afternoon of Friday the GBP futures market quickly rose to 0.50%. BUY the GBP. Will it carry on the move? Well maybe, maybe not but you had two things on your side. One: Retail where selling the GBP. 89% where selling the GBP combined. TWO: Big institutions where buying it. Like massively buying...
This is the only SpotFX microlot "symbolic" trade since 2017 my wife forced me to take in support of Sterling. Holding on to this shit even after losing money in daily swap just to keep my "queen" happy LOL
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 44 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image2.png
Size: 6 KB

neilsdigest May 4, 2019 11:27am | Post# 2026

{quote} This is the only SpotFX microlot "symbolic" trade since 2017 my wife forced me to take in support of Sterling. Holding on to this shit even after losing money in daily swap just to keep my "queen" happy LOL {image} {image}
Only thing in life that really matters... Keep the "queen happy".. If she is happy every thing else falls into place ;-)

Very nice trade though. Plus 1.99% this week for the pound. +0.0258 (Forex futures)- Well hope it continues. This brexit rubbish is getting the country very frustrated.

Carry on keeping the queen happy and I'll look into what you asked me the other day.

Oh yes, the GBP against the WCU rose 1.78% this week. With rises of 0.89% on Friday and Tuesday a rise of 0.66%. Other days pretty quiet.

Let's see what next week brings us.. Holiday in U.K Monday so expect a slow day in the GBP) - With the Conservative party and Labour party. (Two main parties in British politics) losing hundred of seats in the local elections, it will now wake them up and get together to sort this Brexit mess out. One reason the GBP moved so much Friday.

Keep it going and carry on trading and make the queen pay the swap charges LOL

neilsdigest May 5, 2019 8:38pm | Post# 2027

1 Attachment(s)
I'll just post this and say nothing........ Never trade gaps until the market settles.
Name:  FUNFUNFUN.png
Views: 476
Size:  11 KB

neilsdigest May 5, 2019 8:56pm | Post# 2028

1 Attachment(s)
The money flowing into the JPY is enormous.. Sorry Davit. I mean it.
Name:  jpyupdate.png
Views: 477

neilsdigest May 5, 2019 9:07pm | Post# 2029

1 Attachment(s)
Quick, easy in and out.... Never follow the dumb money.

That was the quick trade I took. AUD/JPY sell... BIG in and out. I need sleep ;-)

JPY futures now at 0.70%
Name:  AUDJPYchart.png
Views: 476

Jozec May 6, 2019 4:53am | Post# 2030

Quick, easy in and out.... Never follow the dumb money. That was the quick trade I took. AUD/JPY sell... BIG in and out. I need sleep ;-) JPY futures now at 0.70% {image}
Neil that's is a very good one, i had to log in just to thank you for all your effort here. still reading and about halfway the thread, i must confess that you have changed my perspective to trading. i'm also glad you are back to posting on this thread again. For now i just want to say a big THANK YOU.
Maybe later i will ask some questions , let me keep reading and soaking in this perspective.

neilsdigest May 6, 2019 7:44am | Post# 2031

{quote} Neil that's is a very good one, i had to log in just to thank you for all your effort here. still reading and about halfway the thread, i must confess that you have changed my perspective to trading. i'm also glad you are back to posting on this thread again. For now i just want to say a big THANK YOU. Maybe later i will ask some questions , let me keep reading and soaking in this perspective.
Thanks. I do my best LOL.

No more trades today though as it's a British bank holiday. London markets shut till tomorrow.

I don't come on much now but try to look once in a while and post if and when I can.

neilsdigest May 7, 2019 11:19am | Post# 2032

1 Attachment(s)
See if this GIF works..... YES, it's an old DEMO on the dreaded MT4. The retail traders thingy.. oh how I hate it...

Was just testing this to see if anyone across this place would like gifs or video's of trades instead of those screen captures. As all are aware they can be photoshopped... Or take two trades in the same pair and post the result of the one that WON...

No they are not real trades. Only a nutcase will take all those GBP trades.... I did know that the GBP would drop though hehehe...

Click the image to play it ;-)
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBP.gif
Size: 635 KB

Jozec May 7, 2019 1:26pm | Post# 2033

See if this GIF works..... YES, it's an old DEMO on the dreaded MT4. The retail traders thingy.. oh how I hate it... Was just testing this to see if anyone across this place would like gifs or video's of trades instead of those screen captures. As all are aware they can be photoshopped... Or take two trades in the same pair and post the result of the one that WON... No they are not real trades. Only a nutcase will take all those GBP trades.... I did know that the GBP would drop though hehehe... Click the image to play it ;-) {image}

Neil thanks for the post though not surprising, for me because GBP was the weakest pair this week based on scorpionfx and following the steps on post one almost all the trades were valid. Just want to know why you took GBPUSD? Because the USD was equally weak. Hope my question is not dumb.

Just finished reading the thread today, will still have to go through again to have a firm grip on some things.
The other question i have is concerning strength meters, what do you do when you have a conflict between scornpionfx and dennis strength meters. i know one is weekly and the other daily. i know it can be double confirmation when they align. But today they were conflicting especially with regards to GBP considering your trade.

Mojotrades May 7, 2019 1:45pm | Post# 2034

Very cool - we don't have any trust issues here Neil. Whatever is most convenient for you.
Thank you for educating us on the above few posts.

neilsdigest May 7, 2019 3:11pm | Post# 2035

{quote} Neil thanks for the post though not surprising, for me because GBP was the weakest pair this week based on scorpionfx and following the steps on post one almost all the trades were valid. Just want to know why you took GBPUSD? Because the USD was equally weak. Hope my question is not dumb. Just finished reading the thread today, will still have to go through again to have a firm grip on some things. The other question i have is concerning strength meters, what do you do when you have a conflict between scornpionfx and dennis strength meters....
I just did it to show you as a test that the CURRENCY is more important first before pairing them... I opened all the GBP pairs without any thought of anything else. .I just new it would become weaker and the institutional's will start selling it...

I even opened a GBP/CHF and the CHF was having money pumped out of it as well. I.E They where both weak. Hope that makes sense.

I will update you later as have to pop out for a few hours ;-)

neilsdigest May 7, 2019 5:37pm | Post# 2036

World markets slump amid US-China trade tensions.

Yen remains strong as US stocks continue pullback, this has been the pattern this year, Stocks rally - Yen falls, stocks fall - Yen rallies.

In the US the Dow Jones ended 1.8% down while London's FTSE 100 fell 1.6%.

Someone let Davit know where all the money goes. Into the JPY

If the World stocks fall, the JPY rallies and vise versa. What an example today. Pure gold ;-)

Jozec May 8, 2019 6:23pm | Post# 2037

{quote} I just did it to show you as a test that the CURRENCY is more important first before pairing them... I opened all the GBP pairs without any thought of anything else. .I just new it would become weaker and the institutional's will start selling it... I even opened a GBP/CHF and the CHF was having money pumped out of it as well. I.E They where both weak. Hope that makes sense. I will update you later as have to pop out for a few hours ;-)
A big THANK YOU again, GOT IT. [Money flow]

neilsdigest May 8, 2019 9:00pm | Post# 2038

1 Attachment(s)
It just gets better. Looks like more and more pivot traders are buying against the JPY.... Keep buying against it pivot traders then I can buy a yacht and live in the south of France.
Name:  JPYOUTLOOK.png
Views: 341
Size:  5 KB

neilsdigest May 9, 2019 1:07am | Post# 2039

1 Attachment(s)
Time to leave again...

World markets slump amid US-China trade tensions. When they slump the JPY (as a safe heaven) rallies.
I can't stand this place no longer in what I see and read..

Bad trader. Bad advice and he is supposed to be an expert on fundamental news.
Name:  BadTrader.png
Views: 336

maknil May 9, 2019 5:36am | Post# 2040

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Neil,

Click to Enlarge

Name: CHF 09052019.png
Size: 5 KB

As CHF is strong today why such difference in XAU/CHF + and WCU/CHF - . Many times i have seen xau/currency doesnt change fast and one is ++ and other is --.
So is it better to follow only WCU/currency for money flow or wait for xau/chf and wcu/chf to align same and then take trade.

Thanks, Mak

© Forex Factory