Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Hybrid Grid-Automated (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=760648)

Magix Aug 27, 2018 10:13pm | Post# 1441

1 Attachment(s)
An interesting note about the CoCo trader today...

It does have the most amount of pairs in trade and this may be part of the reason that it has pulled ahead of the pack with the highest net gains on the day.

BUT...

Even with that being said, there were 2 pairs for CoCo that never got traded, even though they had decent range and strength...

GBPJPY and GBPUSD.
Click to Enlarge

Name: cocot.png
Size: 23 KB

See...here's the logic behind CoCo working...

As EURGBP -> (the trade filter) was trending bullish, the only GBP trades that were taken today were if the immediate trend on them was Bearish...and only bullish trades were taken for the EUR pairs today as they'd be restricted from trading short on a day where EURO has strength.

Kinda kewl...no?

bishopdotun Aug 28, 2018 1:03pm | Post# 1442

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} To the best of my knowledge, these range of grid traders require 0.01 per $1500 per pair (with summstart) if you are on 1:200 leverage. Do the maths for lower or higher leverage. Anything lower than $1,500 puts the account at a high risk of margin call. Its almost 1 month since i started a new account trading this way and i am able to sleep easy. DD never exceeded 5%. Ofcourse profit is not so great but thats fine by me. My advise to traders here: with small account, yes you can use those big lots. However, as your account grows, your leverage...
As a followup to my previous post, see below my settings. Till now, my margin has stayed above 10,000% on the new account. 3 weeks, 6% profit, 2% max DD. I go to bed sleeping easy. Good brokers often offer low leverage. The new rules on leverage makes trading a bit more risky due to margin call. So I keep my margin in safe zones and will abort trades that's getting bad.

Pairs: 20
Timeframe: M5
Lot: 0.01 per $1,500 per pair (Sometimes I adjust to $1,000 if the range of a pair is short)
so to trade 20 pairs at 0.01, you need 20 * $1500 = $30,000 (on 1:200 leverage)

Formula to calculate lot = Account Balance * 0.01 / (Number of pairs * 1,500)
If you are on a higher leverage or lower leverage, just multiply the result of above formula by = your leverage / 200

Click to Enlarge

Name: Hybrid All In.PNG
Size: 44 KB

Step:
250: EGbp, UJpy
350: ACad, AChf, AJpy, AUsd
450: ANzd, EJpy, NUsd, UCad
550: EAud, ECad, ENzd, EUsd, GAud, GCad, GJpy, GNzd, GUsd, UChf

Profit: $2 per 0.01.

Disclaimer: This is just what I found to be working at the moment. It doesn't mean it will work in the future. I am always finding a better way to avoid huge swings or DD. FX is risky, you can lose your live savings. Always monitor your trades.

bishopdotun Aug 28, 2018 1:15pm | Post# 1443

Hi Magix

Does "Buzzsaw Magix" have tap out option?

Will keep "watching Bitch and a Buzzsaw" closely. Nice gains even with the tap out.

Magix Aug 28, 2018 1:52pm | Post# 1444

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Magix Does "Buzzsaw Magix" have tap out option? Will keep "watching Bitch and a Buzzsaw" closely. Nice gains even with the tap out.

Buzzsaw is Tap Out ONLY.

By working with trend and distance, it looks to tap out at a Homeostatic Median - Close All Trades.

There is no minimum profit nor static profit options...once the triggering criteria hits, trades are either taken or exited - in profit, out of profit...no matter. The EA only Sees a cut-line.
Name:  buzzsaw options.png
Views: 525
Size:  29 KB

I have been working with it live on M1, M5 and M15 charts for the tap out feature alone. Watching price action, will set the step and time_delay to the according range and time frame and will take the first manual trigger.

Depending on my level of confidence...lot size and type lot are adjusted.

In some cases, just watching the Test Versions run on Demo Accounts and following the trades - once they are a few deep, will provide a decent profit for smaller ranges with higher start and lot size.

All very kewl to play with!

Magix Aug 28, 2018 1:55pm | Post# 1445

1 Attachment(s)
If you check on the trade stats of the attached TE for Buzzsaw, this is where it gets really interesting.

Currently set to summ_start, it has 27 pairs in trade and though not all of them are sitting with positive trade balances, it hasn't blown up the account nor exceeded the Maximum Trade Threshold by the current broker - 200 trades.

Start Balance - $1000 ->27 pairs - Summ_Start...get the fuck outa here!!

I fucking love this EA!!
Click to Enlarge

Name: buzzsaw.png
Size: 39 KB

Magix Aug 28, 2018 7:39pm | Post# 1446

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like the tap out got bitch slapped today on a 'What the Fuck' moment of trading...

Click to Enlarge

Name: tap.png
Size: 43 KB

Name:  wtf.gif
Views: 500
Size:  1.1 MB

I did expect some whipsaw action this week...but not a drop n stop to get triggered out on daily roll by a wide spread...Seriously...like a fucking 5 pip window for 4 hours???

Will be making some changes on this for exit as in...keep spread distance the same for primary entries as exits so that this kinda shit doesn't happen.

Just Fucking Terrible!

Magix Aug 28, 2018 7:46pm | Post# 1447

2 Attachment(s)
CoCo Magix, did not get hit by the same ball of shit.

Reason being...EURGBP trend was long, meaning no longs on GBPUSD - the pair that got fucked over - and there wasn't enough of drop nor pull back on the drop and stop to even take a trade on this one...

Really starting to like how this one plays out.

And...it is gaining on Buzzsaw....we have a HORSE RACE!

Click to Enlarge

Name: coco2.png
Size: 62 KB

Only 9 out of 12 pairs traded today...2 with a net negative balance, but not enough to negate all gains on the day.
Click to Enlarge

Name: coco3.png
Size: 14 KB

Looking gooooooooooooooood!

Magix Aug 29, 2018 8:35am | Post# 1448

1 Attachment(s)
Motherfucker!

This is the cost of procrastination!

Wide Spread Tap out to erase gains....geez this pisses me off!!

Mostly just upset with myself.

Sigh.
Click to Enlarge

Name: spread.png
Size: 46 KB

robeg Aug 29, 2018 2:23pm | Post# 1449

Magix,

Would be possible implement such triggering when red candle starts go Sell for example as per above picture?

Magix Aug 29, 2018 3:13pm | Post# 1450

Magix, Would be possible implement such triggering when red candle starts go Sell for example as per above picture?
Sorry man, I have no idea what you are asking here.

Magix Aug 29, 2018 3:16pm | Post# 1451

I guess we found out what will break the whipsaw...

lol

Looks like a 350 pip day reversal on a pair!

This is going to sting the whipsaw, right out of the horse race.

But...a Good bit of information on this.

1. Don't grid August!
2. Daily/Trend Limit Filtering??
3. When to cut off?

I guess the one nice thing is that the User Defined ADR has kept these from wanting to try and get in on anything...so, there is that.

Magix Aug 29, 2018 3:20pm | Post# 1452

1 Attachment(s)
Current Leader Board...

Buzzsaw is back of the pack, while Auto Magix has taken the Lead!
CoCo Magix has fallen back a bit while Stochs has gained some footing!

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 476
Size:  274 KB

We got us a 3 way horse race now!!

robeg Aug 29, 2018 3:53pm | Post# 1453

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Sorry man, I have no idea what you are asking here.
hope now is more clear
Click to Enlarge

Name: spread.png
Size: 53 KB

Magix Aug 29, 2018 4:03pm | Post# 1454

{quote} hope now is more clear {image}
if s>=1 && Close[1]<Open[1] && Close[1] < iClose(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 1) ?

If there are any sells, only add addition sells if the previous candle was bearish and closed below the closing price of the previous hour.

Is this what you mean?

sebytim Aug 30, 2018 1:40am | Post# 1455

My vote: Auto Magix - Most recent version (not released yet) of the Magix_Scalp Trader - working with the standard triggering and Tap Out Logic
Where are the other horses ?

My horse is on fireeeeee

robeg Aug 30, 2018 3:59am | Post# 1456

{quote} if s>=1 && Close[1]<Open[1] && Close[1] < iClose(NULL, PERIOD_H1, 1) ? If there are any sells, only add addition sells if the previous candle was bearish and closed below the closing price of the previous hour. Is this what you mean?

Nope

when we have red candle we go Sell when we have blue we go Buy, it some trend filter
or
we have 3 consecutive red candle then when first blue we go Buy and opposite 3 consecutive blue candle then first red we go Sell

mrdfx Aug 30, 2018 12:57pm | Post# 1457

Auto Stochs - Most recent version (not released yet) of the Stochastics Trader - working with M15 Trend and M5 No-Nedge and Stochastics Tap Out Logic. Auto Magix - Most recent version (not released yet) of the Magix_Scalp Trader - working with the standard triggering and Tap Out Logic. CoCo Magix - Magix Scalp Triggering (not released yet) using EURGBP filtering on 12 pairs - standard Magix Scalp Triggering with Tap Out Logic. Magix Fixed Lot Auto - Most recent version (not released yet) of Magix_Scalp - working with the Magic 7 pairs, Tap...
Looks like my horse is in the lead!

mrdfx Aug 30, 2018 1:01pm | Post# 1458

1 Attachment(s)
On another note, Magix I've noticed a few times now that Hybrid will buy the tops, and sell the bottoms. It happened last week on EJ selling the bottom, and again last night on EJ buying the top.

I'm not sure why it does this, but to me this is how you can get the account into DD fast. I'm really hoping this thing kicks in fast and manages to catch some pullbacks to close out in profit.

Is there any way to put a kind of trend filter that can prevent this from happening in future?
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 14.01.56.png
Size: 158 KB

FxMadness Aug 31, 2018 12:28pm | Post# 1459

{quote} Looks like my horse is in the lead!
For now ($23) and just a couple of hours to go.....

Magix Aug 31, 2018 1:03pm | Post# 1460

{quote} For now ($23) and just a couple of hours to go.....

And now...here's where CoCo has a bit of an advantage and possibility to catch up.

Having left the User Defined Daily Range at default - 900, all of the Magic 7 pairs have exceeded the 90 pip range.

However...there are a few of the CoCo pairs that can still trade.

Will this make up the difference?

Doubtful...but possible.

===================================

Correction...GBPUSD can still trade for Auto Magix.

© Forex Factory