Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Swing x1, x2, x3 Strategy by Kelvin (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=751543)

AngelicaMari May 10, 2018 5:03pm | Post# 201

{quote} Girls have only make my life simplier. When head is wrong, she corrects it. So you might have some good idea going. I did trade Options on Stocks when I was 19 or 20. We used charts we draw on millimeter papers However from that time I learned that most of us are ruled by greed or by fear. Most times both feelings hits us during a trade. In the early 90's I had to make telephone call to stop a trade, if the contact at the bank was there at all. I was in the Army back then and missed most exits from my started trades coz I...
Run Forest Run lol

cfudge May 10, 2018 5:04pm | Post# 202

Hi Kelvin, All
I am still running the original 123 indicator, taking all signals in a direction (SL below 1) and closing with opposite signal.
I have been doing this since April 20. The results look good, I use 0.05 position for all trades and so far P/L is -$69.00 closed trades with $655.00 worth of open trades.
I am not ready to change to the new strategy just yet, but glad to see some enthusiasm and positive results...
Chris

renko4x May 10, 2018 5:12pm | Post# 203

I still am not able to get the indicator work on my chart. Can someone point me to the right post or explain to me how the x2 candle is established/chosen? Thanks.

cfudge May 10, 2018 5:21pm | Post# 204

I still am not able to get the indicator work on my chart. Can someone point me to the right post or explain to me how the x2 candle is established/chosen? Thanks.
Did you put the libraries file in the libraries folder?

renko4x May 10, 2018 5:26pm | Post# 205

{quote} Did you put the libraries file in the libraries folder?
Instalation process did it for me. Everything is where it should be. All steps have been followed. Still doesn't work.

Can someone point me to the right post or explain to me how the x2 candle is established/chosen?
If I can't get the indicator working at least I would like to know the exact rules behind finding x1,x2,x3 bars on the charts manually.

Isensefx May 10, 2018 6:12pm | Post# 206

{quote} Hey Sandberg I am not in disagreement with you about the EA if you are trading this only based on the original post rules. I also agree that the results are fantastic this week but will not stay that way for ever. I have complicated the strategy a little. Imagine that, a girl complicating things. I added another indicator to this to show me where to add more trades in the direction the High/low indicator has given me. This way I get way more pips when it goes for a run. I am also staying in longer than the original strategy to pull as many...
Hello AngelicaMari ,
Please, I need you to tell us which of the tiimeframes does your support and resistance indicator work best? (2) How long have you been using it and how best is the results been?
will appreciate your quick and kind answers please.
thanks for sharing. More blessings/ positive pips to you.

jereajali May 10, 2018 6:30pm | Post# 207

Mr Kelvin, How can i get the indicator to work on time frames lower than 4Hrs. I would love to enter at a lower time frame.

AngelicaMari May 10, 2018 10:37pm | Post# 208

{quote} Hello AngelicaMari , Please, I need you to tell us which of the tiimeframes does your support and resistance indicator work best? (2) How long have you been using it and how best is the results been? will appreciate your quick and kind answers please. thanks for sharing. More blessings/ positive pips to you.
Hello

I have been doing support and resistance trading for probably a year. I have been successful using price action and this indicator is good for telling you when a support or resistance level has been broken. How successful it will be in combination with this threads high/low indicator is not proven yet. I was using another strategy to get into trades before but I think this High/low indicator has a better success rate with fewer fake-outs. I like how this indicator gets you into a reversal early and the support resistance indicator gives you entries with the trend. So you are actually trading both reversals and trend trading.

I always trade 4hr and rarely D1 time frames, anything less has to much noise.

I would love to see this strat put into a EA so we can do some backtesting but no coder has raised their hand yet.

kelvinonw May 10, 2018 11:08pm | Post# 209

Mr Kelvin, How can i get the indicator to work on time frames lower than 4Hrs. I would love to enter at a lower time frame.
Hello
I am working to make trades on lower timeframe more accurate. Removing the noise that comes with lower timeframe.
When I am done with doing that, then I shall include lower timeframe into the updates.

- on current H4 to higher tmf, the losses on the Nzdusd and the likes I have actually found a way to avoid such trades. I recognised it would fail due to some new patterns I discovered.
- I am hoping this will be coded into future updates.

- on H4 and above timeframe Alerts are not needful as you need only have to check your computer 5 mins before the close of H4 candle ...example I want to trade at 4:00 I only need to switch my laptop on at 3:55 and go through my pairs and see if there is an arrow for signal. It takes less than 5mins to do this. I don't sit in front of my PC waiting for four hours for a signal to appear. You need only to repeat process 6 times in a 24 hours day as there are only 6 candles of 4 hours in a day. This whole process takes only 20mims of your time in a whole day.
Same thing goes for the daily chart ...you check at 0:00 each day for signal.
The process is very smooth.

Alerts will come when i have included lower time frames after my research.

Happy trading.

Regards
Kelvin

kelvinonw May 10, 2018 11:29pm | Post# 210

{quote} Instalation process did it for me. Everything is where it should be. All steps have been followed. Still doesn't work.ally.
To better assist you on the above issue contact me on Telegram for a chat. My telegram I.d https://t.me/SwingHighLowStrategys

failinforex May 11, 2018 12:25am | Post# 211

{quote} To better assist you on the above issue contact me on Telegram for a chat. My telegram I.d https://t.me/SwingHighLowStrategys
why via telegram chat. Clicking on the lock actually lead to a commercial side, is this a product for sale?

failinforex May 11, 2018 12:26am | Post# 212

{quote} Instalation process did it for me. Everything is where it should be. All steps have been followed. Still doesn't work. Can someone point me to the right post or explain to me how the x2 candle is established/chosen? If I can't get the indicator working at least I would like to know the exact rules behind finding x1,x2,x3 bars on the charts manually.
click on the lock icon to the right,, you will get the answer from a commercial website.

reteid2222 May 11, 2018 12:34am | Post# 213

{quote} Hello I am working to make trades on lower timeframe more accurate. Removing the noise that comes with lower timeframe. When I am done with doing that, then I shall include lower timeframe into the updates. - on current H4 to higher tmf, the losses on the Nzdusd and the likes I have actually found a way to avoid such trades. I recognised it would fail due to some new patterns I discovered. - I am hoping this will be coded into future updates. - on H4 and above timeframe Alerts are not needful as you need only have to check your computer...
Why not filter with EMA daily or strength indicator or Zigzag Daily?

olvus May 11, 2018 12:38am | Post# 214

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like Kelvin wants test this on us and then make this an commercial product
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image 1.png
Size: 21 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image 2.png
Size: 20 KB

failinforex May 11, 2018 12:43am | Post# 215

Looks like Kelvin wants test this on us and then make this an commercial product
that's it

tzamo May 11, 2018 1:26am | Post# 216

{quote} Why not filter with EMA daily or strength indicator or Zigzag Daily?
Isn't he filtering with HTF MACD already?
But the EMA with ZigZag should be great ways to filter. Just need to make sure the daily ZZ leg has finished as it does like to repaint

Best Regards,
Tzamo

le celte May 11, 2018 2:45am | Post# 217

{quote} - on current H4 to higher tmf, the losses on the Nzdusd and the likes I have actually found a way to avoid such trades. I recognised it would fail due to some new patterns I discovered.
Bonjour,
From my experience with various strategies, the parities with NZD have always been the worst, the losers overall

cheers
jf

Sandberg May 11, 2018 2:50am | Post# 218

I missed 08:00 candle it happens at times because my Broker is +1 hour compared to my local time.

However, my 2 trades from yesterday (I mentioned in a earlier post) is now at +$3.50

Now at work, but I will check in 12:00 candles on all pair.

le celte May 11, 2018 3:19am | Post# 219

it happens at times because my Broker is +1 hour compared to my local time
Bonjour,
My Broker is Global Prime and in my local time candles H4 are 7h 11h 15h 19h ........ 23h and 3h
I can catch 3 sometimes 4

I think for us, european, the best time is the London open. Or just after (1 hr after maxi)
What do you think ?
What is the best broker for this H4 timing ?

cordialement
jf

renko4x May 11, 2018 3:24am | Post# 220

{quote} To better assist you on the above issue contact me on Telegram for a chat. My telegram I.d https://t.me/SwingHighLowStrategys
I do not use Telegram. Sent you message on skype.

© Forex Factory