Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Help Needed to Debug Existing EA with proven strategy (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=751438)

nihilist23uk May 7, 2018 3:41pm | Post# 701

{quote} You are partly right ... The program does not send any new orders, but old pending orders still exist and are sometimes activated, so the MaxTrades can be exceeded. You can delete pending orders, OK. But in hybrid mode, what should you delete? - Buyer or Seller pending orders?
mmmm. ok,try max order 1 pending order 1 that what i did to test it.

SwingMan May 7, 2018 4:54pm | Post# 702

It's not my job, but you can use the Optimizer to find interesting parameter settings.

GBPUSD-M15
- Optimization in two steps for March: Profit= + 501, PF= 1.65, DD= 1.8%
- Results for April: Profit= + 479, PF= 1.32, DD= 3.3%

GBPJPY-M15 / Optimization April
- Profit= + 465, PF= 1.16, DD= 3.6%

EURCHF-M15 / Optimization April
- Profit= + 131 PF= 1.69, DD= 0.9%

Sure, the profits will not be so good in the next month, but after a few optimizations you will be able to find reasonable parameters

nihilist23uk May 7, 2018 6:28pm | Post# 703

It's not my job, but you can use the Optimizer to find interesting parameter settings. GBPUSD-M15 - Optimization in two steps for March: Profit= + 501, PF= 1.65, DD= 1.8% - Results for April: Profit= + 479, PF= 1.32, DD= 3.3% GBPJPY-M15 / Optimization April - Profit= + 465, PF= 1.16, DD= 3.6% EURCHF-M15 / Optimization April - Profit= + 131 PF= 1.69, DD= 0.9% Sure, the profits will not be so good in the next month, but after a few optimizations you will be able to find reasonable parameters
no,you miss understand me... If we set max order 1 and pending order 1 then shouldn't ea only take 2 trade maximum ? it takes many trades in each direction,that is why I think it is not functioning correctly.
Or am I misunderstanding ?
Thank you.

geaves May 8, 2018 2:19am | Post# 704

Hi Guys, Sorry to inform you all that my father passed away yesterday morning and I will not be able to contribute much over the next few days. In the mean time, keep up with the testing and I hope version 4.2.2 really does show improvement over version 4.2.1. as claimed by Albert666. Version 4.2.1 showed an obvious bug in my backtest (or maybe intentionally coded that way???) which only open sell orders although I have turned both buy and hybrid mode on. I gave up back testing it after a few attempts. Swingman, as to your two questions, I am not...
Having been reading through this thread (when I have time) as it picqued my interest, the above was somewhat of a shock...my sincere condolences to you and your family.

SwingMan May 8, 2018 4:46am | Post# 705

2 Attachment(s)
New Version smForexRM EA_v5.2-nihilist

...Running some test now, just noticed the max trades on the hybrid mode doesn't appear to be working.
A new version only for you...
I have now tried to limit the number of orders, by deleting the pending orders to not generate any new active orders.
Please test if it works.

Example with limitation of hybrid orders to 4.
smForexRM EA_v5.2-nihilist.ex4
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM15-limitOrders.png
Size: 38 KB

nihilist23uk May 8, 2018 6:22am | Post# 706

New Version smForexRM EA_v5.2-nihilist {quote} A new version only for you... I have now tried to limit the number of orders, by deleting the pending orders to not generate any new active orders. Please test if it works. Example with limitation of hybrid orders to 4. {file} {image}
Brilliant work Swingman,
Will test later when im back in front of laptop.

Eve55 May 8, 2018 8:22am | Post# 707

1 Attachment(s)
New Version smForexRM EA_v5.2-nihilist {quote} A new version only for you... I have now tried to limit the number of orders, by deleting the pending orders to not generate any new active orders. Please test if it works. Example with limitation of hybrid orders to 4. {file} {image}
Beautiful day and thanks Swingman,
I'm testing the untrusted version, but I do not understand why it will not close the store and it will leave the price to a max stop loss ... otherwise great
Click to Enlarge

Name: test2.png
Size: 48 KB

SwingMan May 8, 2018 9:45am | Post# 708

... I do not understand why it will not close the store and it will leave the price to a max stop loss ...
If I see right, your SL is 800 points. Set to 1500 and test again.

basssic May 10, 2018 4:53am | Post# 709

when trend goes up EA just keeps adding sell stops instead of adding long positions

nihilist23uk May 10, 2018 6:15pm | Post# 710

Im still working hard at testing.. Making progress so should have some good news soon !

manuel May 10, 2018 7:57pm | Post# 711

Can someone please upload the updated default set of parameters in *.set file format?

xsuperfiendx May 11, 2018 4:40am | Post# 712

How about having the EA disable the initial trade when the broker's spread is over a certain amount? Or disabling trading at the time that the brokers spread goes over a limit?

So example - EA will disable trading until the spread drops below 3

xsuperfiendx May 11, 2018 4:45am | Post# 713

Not that it matters at the moment until the core strategy is figured out but it does seem like spread is a huge factor affecting this EA's core strategy

SwingMan May 11, 2018 9:29am | Post# 714

2 Attachment(s)
New Version smForexRM EA_v6.1

Two important additions to be tested:

SwitchModeClosing_Enabled= true/false

- When you have one or more active sell orders, all are closed at the first active buy order.
So you can avoid that in a strong long trend, the sell orders bring big losses.

Strong_PendingOrders_Filters= true/false

- If the filter for the first signal in a long trend is no longer fulfilled, the buy pending orders are deleted.
So you can avoid that possibly "wrong" entrys are made.
Often are made later new and better entrys.

Although it may take some time, I think it's good to determine the parameters with the optimizer, e.g. in a past month.
It is also good to test whether there are better results for M15, M30 or H1.
It's also good to have TPs slightly larger ($ 10,000 and 0.2 lots, TP = 50)

For @xsuperfiendx - you can set a new parameter: MaximumAllowed_Spread=5;
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYH1-SwitchMode.png
Size: 38 KB
smForexRM EA_v6.1.ex4

nihilist23uk May 11, 2018 10:34am | Post# 715

Hi Swingman,
Thanks for the additions.
Over the last few days I have been back testing.My conclusion so far is the 5.1 version seems the most consistent over a three year period.
Im going to run the new version 6.0 with the same settings and see how it effects drawdown as that is the issue at the moment.
That being said,that can be reduced by not being greedy ! And I am pushing it hard as the ultimate goal is to have an ea that can make decent money with a modest investment.
Have a great weekend.

nihilist23uk May 11, 2018 12:19pm | Post# 716

Hi Swingman,
The new features you have added. When the new features are not used the ea functions differently to version 5.1
Can they be added to 5.1 so i can directly compare each of the new features against the previous 3 years of back testing ?

SwingMan May 11, 2018 12:20pm | Post# 717

Please replace the Version 6.0 from #Post 714:

New Version smForexRM EA_v6.1

I have only made a small correction.

xsuperfiendx May 11, 2018 5:32pm | Post# 718

Fantastic! Now all I see that may be missing is to have the take profit and stop losses in pips instead of $ that way the money management works correctly. In either case this is not priority. Priority is lowering the drawdowns. Because even with money management working incorrectly the profit factor is a bit low.

Maybe a trading day restriction can also be placed. Example: EA can only trade Monday - Thursday

Another indicator that can be added is an Average Daily Range filter. Example: The EA will stop trading if the average ADR for the last 7 days is 160 pips or more.

Maybe the EA can pause trading for a time period on a pair once the stop loss is hit. Example: Stop loss is hit and the EA pauses trading for 48 hours

Thank you

SwingMan May 11, 2018 8:34pm | Post# 719

... Now all I see that may be missing is to have the take profit and stop losses in pips instead of $ that way the money management works correctly.
Maybe later, and maybe with ADR factors

...Maybe the EA can pause trading for a time period on a pair once the stop loss is hit. Example: Stop loss is hit and the EA pauses trading for 48 hours
Test with the "OneCycle_Daily=true" parameter

nihilist23uk May 12, 2018 8:30am | Post# 720

1 Attachment(s)
The reason we need to concentrate on version 5.1
over 11 months 2016

No other version seems to be that good.
Im also getting the feeling the trend sub and restart depth can be linked to true range and have a calculation of divide setting
It could be key in keeping drawn down to a minimum.
Click to Enlarge

Name: SWINGMANS BEAST 2016.jpg
Size: 259 KB

© Forex Factory