Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum/69-platform-tech)
-   -   Custom Candle MT4 (https://www.forexfactory.com/thread/744612-custom-candle-mt4)

avibe Mar 11, 2018 9:22am | Post# 1

Custom Candle MT4

5 Attachment(s)
Create candles of any time period

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 8056
Size:  10 KB

customcandlesmtf.ex4

Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYM5.png
Size: 33 KB
3hr candlesticks on m5 chart

Click to Enlarge

Name: 10min candles.png
Size: 30 KB
10min candles on M1 chart

to make the custom candles visible by themselves instead of overlaying the default candles
make sure you candle the template settings to
switch to line chart
and change tempate line settings as shown below
Name:  Capture1.PNG
Views: 8171
Size:  27 KB

green pips

FerruFx Mar 11, 2018 9:38am | Post# 2

Create candles of any time period {image} {file} {image} 3hr candlesticks on m5 chart {image} 10min candles on M1 chart to make the custom candles visible by themselves instead of overlaying the default candles make sure you candle the template settings to switch to line chart and change tempate line settings as shown below {image} green pips
You have a typo in the tf_m2 = 1 ...

abokwaik Mar 11, 2018 12:49pm | Post# 3

.... to make the custom candles visible by themselves instead of overlaying the default candles make sure you candle the template settings to switch to line chart and change tempate line settings as shown below {image} green pips
Nice .

If you like, you can add this code snippet to OnInit() function, to automatically switch to line chart and change line settings to none.

Inserted Code

ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_MODE,CHART_LINE);
   ChartSetInteger(0,CHART_COLOR_CHART_LINE,clrNONE);

Regards,

avibe Mar 11, 2018 5:42pm | Post# 4

1 Attachment(s)
thank you @FerruFX and @abokwaik

customcandlesmtfv2.mq4

cja Mar 11, 2018 6:33pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
I thought the code seemed familiar here is the original indicator coded by mladen before it was altered and renamed.
CustomCandles - any tmf.mq4

coolmakina Mar 12, 2018 11:48am | Post# 6

Hi,
would any of you be so kind help me out? where can ask someone with skills to add and alert to an old indi i have?

for me, it's impossible, any kind of code is for cientists...

it would be a simple alert when current bar is "painting" in different color than previous (closed). daily tf.

i would apreciate if you can direct me to rigth person/forum.

Thanks is advance. Gob Bless You All.

yalgaar Mar 17, 2018 6:51pm | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
I thought the code seemed familiar here is the original indicator coded by mladen before it was altered and renamed. {file}

Is it possible to have an option in the indicator that will fill the whole area like my screenshot below? It looks a lot nicer this way. :-)
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 14 KB

cja Mar 17, 2018 8:33pm | Post# 8

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Is it possible to have an option in the indicator that will fill the whole area like my screenshot below? It looks a lot nicer this way. :-) {image}
CustomCandles - any tmf v1.mq4
Click to Enlarge

Name: tfany.png
Size: 62 KB

yalgaar Mar 18, 2018 10:04am | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
This is awesome! Exactly what I needed.

Still 1 problem. This is off by 1 candle. It is starting the block 1 candle early and not marking the last candle. Here is the screenshot that shows overlay of W1 on a H4 chart.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 29 KB

cja Mar 18, 2018 3:26pm | Post# 10

This is awesome! Exactly what I needed. Still 1 problem. This is off by 1 candle. It is starting the block 1 candle early and not marking the last candle. Here is the screenshot that shows overlay of W1 on a H4 chart. {image}
I only altered an existing indicator that was not originally coded by me assuming that it was working correctly. Everything below Daily appears to be working I can not promise anything as I am very busy at the present time but will see if I can come up with a fix or another indicator or perhaps contact the original coder and see if he can fix it?.

yalgaar Mar 18, 2018 3:44pm | Post# 11

{quote} I only altered an existing indicator that was not originally coded by me assuming that it was working correctly. Everything below Daily appears to be working I can not promise anything as I am very busy at the present time but will see if I can come up with a fix or another indicator or perhaps contact the original coder and see if he can fix it?.
Thank you so much for all your help! I will wait for this to be fixed. I understand you can't promise and that is OK.
FYI: I just noticed that even Daily is working fine.

goldpips Aug 12, 2018 4:38pm | Post# 12

Nice work, Thanks for this new creation. Can you please add additional timeframes to this indicator? I have being looking for indicators that will display bigger timeframes like ( 4month, 6months, 12months and 1year candles). Thanks once again

john1368 Sep 14, 2018 11:04am | Post# 13

Can we have an extra parameter added that is titled History please. meaning whatever number is entered that is the amount of historical bars it will display on the chart except for zero which will display all candles on chart, I would like to limit the number of candles so my chart stays reasonably clean, thanks again,

chineser Sep 15, 2018 11:12am | Post# 14

I thought the code seemed familiar here is the original indicator coded by mladen before it was altered and renamed. {file}
nice work .thank you

jditch1 Sep 27, 2018 4:38pm | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, something i am doing wrong, can anyone help me ??
I want all my 1D candles not filled with any color, i already selected "Not filled candle" option,
but still filling all my past candles except current one......
Click to Enlarge

Name: Sin tĂtulo.jpg
Size: 148 KB

© Forex Factory