Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Swing Traders Welcome (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=744558)

hytten Dec 4, 2018 10:59am | Post# 1121

1 Attachment(s)
CHFJPY 4H {image}
this 1-2-3 pattern did not realized. and long trade failed. Nevertheless, see how powerful it is when the trend is violated, LH.. the price just drop. Although it did take a few more days.

Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter 473.jpg
Size: 134 KB

cesar8 Dec 4, 2018 8:18pm | Post# 1122

1 Attachment(s)
The pound yen, I take out the stop loss, but the daily support gave a clear long entry.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-12-04 GBP-JPY D1.png
Size: 32 KB

cesar8 Dec 4, 2018 8:24pm | Post# 1123

1 Attachment(s)
The Australian vs. Frank. The forecast had a high probability. Does anyone profit from this?
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-12-04 AUD-CHF W1.png
Size: 28 KB

cesar8 Dec 4, 2018 10:44pm | Post# 1124

1 Attachment(s)
NZD-CHF Weekly, in view for the next week, with statistical probability to go short. Accompanied by a divergence hidden in the rsi.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-12-04 NZD-CHF W1.png
Size: 27 KB

PayTheLimit Dec 5, 2018 1:32am | Post# 1125

1 Attachment(s)
The pound yen, I take out the stop loss, but the daily support gave a clear long entry. {image}

big band of supports down here, but I prefer to see a break of them and look for a bounce to short....

I'm quite bearish on cable right now, but UJ is still hanging in there...
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYDaily.png
Size: 66 KB

hytten Dec 5, 2018 4:34am | Post# 1126

1 Attachment(s)
GBP NZD 4H

Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter 474.jpg
Size: 143 KB

PayTheLimit Dec 5, 2018 5:47am | Post# 1127

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} big band of supports down here, but I prefer to see a break of them and look for a bounce to short.... I'm quite bearish on cable right now, but UJ is still hanging in there... {image}

some interesting R's here....I'll keep an eye on them
Click to Enlarge

Name: GBPJPYDaily.png
Size: 63 KB

forexcourse Dec 5, 2018 7:46am | Post# 1128

GBP NZD 4H {image}

The box indicator is really good and the price action seems in a much clear view .... i think this indicator is from Hector Deville ...am i right

hytten Dec 5, 2018 8:51am | Post# 1129

{quote} The box indicator is really good and the price action seems in a much clear view .... i think this indicator is from Hector Deville ...am i right
You are right it is from Hector. Bought the course 10 years ago at only $197 and share it with a friend. His indicators are the best. The course is very systematic, to me the best

richadi36 Dec 5, 2018 11:27am | Post# 1130

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, how about these setups, would you want to risk money on these... {image}{image}{image} profitable trades, richadi36
Hi guys,
again, one of swing probabilities that is being realised...
previous post prediction https://www.forexfactory.com/attachm...1&d=1543241939
Click to Enlarge

Name: CADCHFDaily.png
Size: 41 KB

profitable trades,
richadi36

cesar8 Dec 6, 2018 1:20pm | Post# 1131

1 Attachment(s)
Dollar vs. Yen, To have in observation at the end of the day.
Click to Enlarge

Name: 2018-12-06 USD-JPY D1.png
Size: 36 KB

richadi36 Dec 6, 2018 9:08pm | Post# 1132

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,
Swing Trading Hint: IMHO, USD/JPY swings best in H4, what do you think?
usd/jpy H4
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYH4.png
Size: 47 KB
profitable trades,
richadi36

patterncode Dec 6, 2018 11:17pm | Post# 1133

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Identifying the swing is not hard at all, you just need a lot of screen time. I personally think at least 3 to 4 years worth at least. Think about it.. if you need that amount of time to study full time for a degree, why would u expect to trade well in a few months. For 4H trend i will take the trade on 1H. I use a 30mins chart to illustrate the entry because it is clearer. Whether this is a win ultimately or a lost I do not know but we definitely can predict where the price would most likely to turn, the rest is up to higher power {image}...
Well i kind of know to identify swings but sometimes it ends up being a "fake" swing.

like look at this example where i placed the blue arrow [blue] on EURJPY chart, there was a swing there, to go long, but then the price dropped a bit. If you had put your stop loss under the low of the swing, it would have been taken out and trader being a lose . Then Price formed a new swing and went up again.

There was a swing point at price 128,334, then second swing point at 127,920, so if you had went long at the first swing, you would have lost money as stop loss gets hit on swing's low. Just because price retraced down a bit before going up

so you see there are plenty of examples like this in forex, where you can be tricked there is a swing point only to end end up being a fake. So really, how to solve that kind of problem, is my question?
Click to Enlarge

Name: EURJPYDaily.png
Size: 41 KB

patterncode Dec 6, 2018 11:38pm | Post# 1134

1 Attachment(s)
Also an example of USDJPY swing point [blue arrow on chart below] not holding/turning out to be a fake swing

Btw @Richardi36, I do appreciate the link you post for me to read. Thanks, i have read the site for a time now, but i still get swings that are fake and trick me to take trade that lose.
Click to Enlarge

Name: USDJPYDaily.png
Size: 40 KB

hytten Dec 7, 2018 12:35am | Post# 1135

2 Attachment(s)
{quote} Well i kind of know to identify swings but sometimes it ends up being a "fake" swing. like look at this example where i placed the blue arrow [blue] on EURJPY chart, there was a swing there, to go long, but then the price dropped a bit. If you had put your stop loss under the low of the swing, it would have been taken out and trader being a lose . Then Price formed a new swing and went up again. There was a swing point at price 128,334, then second swing point at 127,920, so if you had went long at the first swing, you would have lost money...
that is not even a swing.. I think you need to know how a swing looks like. you need 2 HH to validate 1HL in 1 swing pattern.

Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter 509.jpg
Size: 112 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter 508.jpg
Size: 54 KB

hytten Dec 7, 2018 3:07am | Post# 1136

1 Attachment(s)
Patterncode, look at richadi36 suggestion to trade UJ on 4H instead of daily. 4H u can see the swing

Click to Enlarge

Name: ScreenHunter 510.jpg
Size: 142 KB

Sometimes i do have a clear entry and it gets whipsaw.. it is just part of trading. Protect the capital, take the small loss.

patterncode Dec 7, 2018 7:13pm | Post# 1137

{quote} that is not even a swing.. I think you need to know how a swing looks like. you need 2 HH to validate 1HL in 1 swing pattern. {image} {image}
Alright thanks for the tips you shared Hytten. So I should wait for 2 high highs before entering long, so I enter on the 2nd high high swing point? or the 3rd high high swing point?.
oh yeah I understand now, what you mean by EURJPY not being an ideal trending market.

Patterncode, look at richadi36 suggestion to trade UJ on 4H instead of daily. 4H u can see the swing

I do use both, but i kind of put more weight on the daily.

hytten Dec 7, 2018 11:38pm | Post# 1138

{quote} So I should wait for 2 high highs before entering long, so I enter on the 2nd high high swing point? or the 3rd high high swing point?.
NO. You need 2 higher high to VALIDATE a higher low to make a swing. No entry there.

patterncode Dec 8, 2018 8:49pm | Post# 1139

{quote} NO. You need 2 higher high to VALIDATE a higher low to make a swing. No entry there.

ok thanks.

coolbreez Dec 9, 2018 3:42am | Post# 1140

1 Attachment(s)
Hello friends.
AudCad daily setup with good risk and reward .Please give a look and views.thanks
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot_17.jpg
Size: 75 KB

© Forex Factory