Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   joe chalhoub fx forecaster system (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=739549)

philstodd Feb 18, 2018 10:10pm | Post# 1

joe chalhoub fx forecaster system

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my system i've been demoing. check it out. First let me explain with this indicator. If you notice the entry lines they are always the first small

histogram bar that appears below or above the center point. above is a buy signal. below is a sell signal. if you look majority of the time these trades

go into profit and usually big profit. also on the exits it is usually a small loss compared to the huge wins.I only trade on the 1 and 4 hour time

frames with this system. you either exit on clean pure price action reversal candles or you exit when the histogram shows no more blue bars and it

turns to white.(i changed the histogram to blue in settings) also,if you look at the histogram and you are in a trade and it looks like the histogram is

a very small slope i usually get out break even or a small win or loss. i think i got something here. been demoing it and so far so good. the indicator

is free its called joe chalhoub fx forecaster i use it on mt4. google it. it is free. let me know what you guys think of this strategy. check out the screen shot. Also

this system requires you to be able to withstand large pip moves in negative direction, but if you look it usually always goes in profit.
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot2.png
Size: 135 KB

philstodd Feb 18, 2018 10:18pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
heres the indicator download
JoeChalhoub_FXForecasterV1.mq4

philstodd Feb 18, 2018 10:28pm | Post# 3

1 Attachment(s)
heres the most recent eur/usd entrys from last week. the profit potential is huge..........
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 131 KB

Ivanyo Feb 18, 2018 10:48pm | Post# 4

heres the most recent eur/usd entrys from last week. the profit potential is huge.......... {image}
Sarcastic?

Look at your P&L

Also who is joe chalhoub?

maxwell-eqtn Feb 18, 2018 11:33pm | Post# 5

The indi is based on OSMA and moving averages, so I am guessing it does not repaint.

Anyway, I am testing it out........, looks promising.

Thanks Philstodd

lctrader11 Feb 18, 2018 11:43pm | Post# 6

Just to be clear, what are the MA values?

philstodd Feb 18, 2018 11:45pm | Post# 7

you got it. any upgrades anyone notices with this indicator to increase profits or limit losses would be great. so far the big upside to this indicator is

majority time it goes into profit.

philstodd Feb 18, 2018 11:52pm | Post# 8

{quote} Sarcastic? Look at your P&L Also who is joe chalhoub?
I didnt take all those trades. I'm just showing some training charts. alsoi started the demo account with 50k. up to 60k and that was seriously only a

few trades. I havn't been consistently trading it everyday because i work a regular job.(long hours)...as for now...10k profit

petemech Feb 19, 2018 2:23am | Post# 9

Hi there,
indicator looks very interesting and i am about to give it a go
Anybody know how to change the colours in the indicator ?
(Would preferably like green or blue for buy and red or similar for sell )

Pete

alhalawi Feb 19, 2018 5:31am | Post# 10

what is your MA or EMA settings please ?

Tomcat98 Feb 19, 2018 6:38am | Post# 11

Hi,
Long away known as a repainter indic.
Stop dreaming.
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9135
Take care
Tomcat98

pro-trading Feb 19, 2018 8:24am | Post# 12

hi philstodd
I do not use Metatrader,
can you please post the kind and value of your MAs
Otherwise your system/strategy is not clear for me
best regards

Patso Feb 19, 2018 9:23am | Post# 13

Heres my system i've been demoing. check it out. First let me explain with this indicator. If you notice the entry lines they are always the first small histogram bar that appears below or above the center point. above is a buy signal. below is a sell signal. if you look majority of the time these trades go into profit and usually big profit. also on the exits it is usually a small loss compared to the huge wins.I only trade on the 1 and 4 hour time frames with this system. you either exit on clean pure price action reversal candles or you exit...
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

philstodd Feb 19, 2018 9:55am | Post# 14

Hi, Long away known as a repainter indic. Stop dreaming. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9135 Take care Tomcat98
So far I have not noticed any repainting because if you look the trend could go against you and then come right back. Which means you would be negative in Pips sometimes.

philstodd Feb 19, 2018 10:00am | Post# 15

hi philstodd I do not use Metatrader, can you please post the kind and value of your MAs Otherwise your system/strategy is not clear for me best regards
Once I get home from work I will give you the moving averages when I can get on my computer.

Tomcat98 Feb 19, 2018 5:59pm | Post# 16

{quote} So far I have not noticed any repainting because if you look the trend could go against you and then come right back. Which means you would be negative in Pips sometimes.
Then open the code.
Tomcat98

philstodd Feb 19, 2018 6:19pm | Post# 17

hi philstodd I do not use Metatrader, can you please post the kind and value of your MAs Otherwise your system/strategy is not clear for me best regards
10 exponential moving average set to the high and 20 exponential set to the low

profitkeeper Feb 19, 2018 9:22pm | Post# 18

The indicator does look good in hind sight, however it does do a form of repainting. If you switch timeframes from say a M15 to M30 and back again, you will see the entry signals in different places (usually about 2 or three bars different on the most recent signals). Leave the indicator on for a couple of hours and try it. The indicator works OK if you do the reset as mentioned before you think a signal may come up.

philstodd Feb 20, 2018 2:56am | Post# 19

1 Attachment(s)
if u look above from eur/usd chart i posted since then....58 pip move down....beautiful
Click to Enlarge

Name: Screenshot1.png
Size: 83 KB

Esosa Feb 20, 2018 3:01am | Post# 20

So what is the way forward regarding repainting issue?

© Forex Factory