Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Elliot Wave Analysis (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=739355)

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 6:13am | Post# 1

Hi..

Just starting a new thread on EW analysis to attract like minded traders. I have noticed other EW threads are declining in posts. I believe that this particular theory is the best to predict future prices along with fibs... I am not an expert in EW but i do try to the best of my ability, so, to all those experts out there, please post your analysis and we will compare our counts to trade better.

Rules are simple..
please don't fight among yourself... there is no right or wrong in this market. Keep calm and have constructive criticism.
Please avoid anything other than trading, so that we concentrate on making some money.

I will post my charts with counts whenever possible. I would prefer to see a daily TF(or higher) and an hourly TF of the instrument that you are posting. i will be concentrating mostly on majors, gold and oil but feel free to post crosses and exotics.

good luck and trade safe.

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 6:37am | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Lets start off with DXY chart. Here is a daily chart. I am hoping that 5 th wave has ended for major wave 1. now waiting for wave 2. expecting this will take 3-4 months to complete. If this is a correct count, then a correction to wave 2 will follow. if a new low will not be formed in the coming weeks, then we can buy dollar on dips.
Click to Enlarge

Name: dxy daily chart.png
Size: 43 KB

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 6:53am | Post# 3

2 Attachment(s)
here are 2 charts on 1 hour.

I am expecting a gap up on dxy on monday morning to wave 5 at 61.8% or even 100% as wave 1. then a decline to 50 % of that move as wave 2. chart will follow once this move is done.
Click to Enlarge

Name: dxy 1 hour.png
Size: 20 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: dxy 1hr (1).png
Size: 18 KB

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 6:58am | Post# 4

The same goes with eur/usd. There could be a gap down for wave 1 then a up move for wave 2. If all goes well, we can sell on top of wave 2 for a good down move for wave 3. chart will be the opposite of dxy.

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 7:06am | Post# 5

Please trade with caution, keep your stop losses in place and trade safe. Technical analysis can go wrong anytime and market does what it wants.

T4Trade Feb 17, 2018 10:42am | Post# 6

very good thread,im not an expert but i do follow Ewave and fib as well.I check higher time frame and 1 hour as well,so i will be following this thread.Thanks

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 11:57am | Post# 7

very good thread,im not an expert but i do follow Ewave and fib as well.I check higher time frame and 1 hour as well,so i will be following this thread.Thanks
thanks for stopping by. please contribute whenever you can. Hoping to develop this thread with some good analysis from fellow members.

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 1:01pm | Post# 8

1 Attachment(s)
This is my daily chart on eur/usd. I am hoping the 5th wave has already completed and the major decline for wave 2 has started. We don't know what kind of pattern it will take at the moment. We will see as it develops. 2nd wave is hoped to be finished by 50% of the move but it can go all the way to almost 100% as well. Time will tell us that but for the time being, lets try to digest what's on the table (if the count is correct).
Click to Enlarge

Name: eurdaily.png
Size: 36 KB

stringfx Feb 17, 2018 1:20pm | Post# 9

I have opened a demo trade explorer along with this thread to monitor the trades.

stringfx Feb 18, 2018 1:29am | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning...

This would be my hourly count for eur/usd if correct, the picture depicts where i am expecting euro to go this week. wait for wave 2 to complete to take a low risk trade to get wave 3. put stop loss above the start of the 1st wave.
Click to Enlarge

Name: eu 1hour.png
Size: 22 KB

pet3250 Feb 18, 2018 10:30am | Post# 11

Hi Stringfx, thanks for starting this thread, I am interested to learn about Elliot. watching with interest.

T4Trade Feb 18, 2018 10:45am | Post# 12

This is my daily chart on eur/usd. I am hoping the 5th wave has already completed and the major decline for wave 2 has started. We don't know what kind of pattern it will take at the moment. We will see as it develops. 2nd ve is hoped to be finished by 50% of the move but it can go all the way to almost 100% as well. Time will tell us that but for the time being, lets try to digest what's on the table (if the count is correct). {image}
please take this as a positive criticism,i am also a learner.the way you have zoomed in daily chart and the way you have drew fib is incomprehensible to me.because according to your analysis one wave lasts for months and months and we only are looking for 10-20 pips per trade.what setting are u using for fib in daily time frame,i use 24 and 90 for 30 min chart to have clearer and nearer future picture.

stringfx Feb 18, 2018 12:28pm | Post# 13

which chart are you referring to? Is it the daily eur/usd chart? the daily chart is, as you know a longer timeframe and you don't expect to make 20 pips from it. The chart i have displayed on daily should yield nearly a thousand pips (of course not in a straight line). Regarding fibs, I use the in-build fibs on MT4. I use expansion and retracement on fibs. I don't understand the fib setting that you are talking about. If you are talking about fib levels, then i use 38.2,61.8, 138.2,161.8,200,261.8,300 and 361.8. If there is something new on fibs (that i don't know about), please do share here. i normally draw fibs from a swing high to a swing low and find retracement and expansion levels.
Regarding 20 pips moves, you should play around with 15 minute charts and find swing low and high on those. I use a minimum 1 hour chart which is why i do a daily chart to find the direction and then put my counts on hourly chart for 50-100 pips. Hope i made sense. if not let me know or pm me.

stringfx Feb 18, 2018 12:31pm | Post# 14

{quote} please take this as a positive criticism,i am also a learner.the way you have zoomed in daily chart and the way you have drew fib is incomprehensible to me.because according to your analysis one wave lasts for months and months and we only are looking for 10-20 pips per trade.what setting are u using for fib in daily time frame,i use 24 and 90 for 30 min chart to have clearer and nearer future picture.
can you please post a chart with your fibs on it?

stringfx Feb 18, 2018 12:38pm | Post# 15

Hi Stringfx, thanks for starting this thread, I am interested to learn about Elliot. watching with interest.
You are welcome ! i am sure you will not be disappointed.

v2vboni Feb 18, 2018 1:09pm | Post# 16

1 Attachment(s)
GBP/USD

Click to Enlarge

Name: Capture.JPG
Size: 136 KB

stringfx Feb 18, 2018 1:49pm | Post# 17

GBP/USD {image}
Good chart buddy for the 4 hr. hoping for a short as well.
i am not confident of my count on GU which is why i haven't posted it yet. waiting for some more confirmation.

Thanks for the chart.

ewgcorp Feb 19, 2018 12:52am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
[attach]gbpusd.PNG;2682284[/attach
Click to Enlarge

Name: gbpusd.PNG
Size: 55 KB

stringfx Feb 19, 2018 2:43am | Post# 19

Dollar is strengthening and corresponding pairs are showing weakness. Iam waiting for bounce up for wave 2 to take a low risk trade down to wave 3 on eurusd.stop will be high of the previous swing. Will be adding sells upon breakout. At the moment sidelined. My te will show my trades. Safe trading to all.

stringfx Feb 19, 2018 2:44am | Post# 20

[attach]gbpusd.PNG;2682284[/attach {image}
Thanks for the chart. Iam at the same confusion of your white wave as well.in that case we need another high.

© Forex Factory