Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Platform Tech (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   renko chart in mt5 (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=739111)

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 6:55am | Post# 1

renko chart in mt5

we need renko chart in mt5 , but unlike mt4 it doesn't have offline chart , there is indi for mt5 but it creates rnko in subwindow and it wont update in real time we cant put indi in those . can anyone make renko charts in mt5 using mt5's custom symbol

braintheboss Feb 16, 2018 7:00am | Post# 2

we need renko chart in mt5 , but unlike mt4 it doesn't have offline chart , there is indi for mt5 but it creates rnko in subwindow and it wont undate in real time we cant put indi in those . can one make renko charts in mt5 using mt5 custom symbol
MT5 have something better. You can do it with custom symbols evidently

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 7:24am | Post# 3

{quote} MT5 have something better. You can do it with custom symbols evidently
please can you show me how , it will be a lot of help

braintheboss Feb 16, 2018 7:32am | Post# 4

{quote} please can you show me how , it will be a lot of help
In mql5 web you hacean example using crypto currencies. You can take it as basis for make renko

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 7:39am | Post# 5

thank you , please provide some details , its easy in mt4 but i am new to mt5

braintheboss Feb 16, 2018 7:42am | Post# 6

Offline charts in mt4 are complicate because you need write in file and call some win32 api. In MT5 you have an api ( custom symbols) works silimar copyXXX methods. Search in documentation "custom symbols"

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 7:56am | Post# 7

{quote} Offline charts in mt4 are complicate because you need write in file and call some win32 api. In MT5 you have an api ( custom symbols) works silimar copyXXX methods. Search in documentation "custom symbols"
but we have lots of EA's to do the complicated thing in just a few seconds , any way i have searched documentation found custom symbol

rockit Feb 16, 2018 8:18am | Post# 8

Look here: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/3540

Or ask someting like google: "custom symbols" +mql5

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 8:28am | Post# 9

{quote} Look here: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/3540 Or ask someting like google: "custom symbols" +mql5
i have looked there , but no clue about renko bars ?

braintheboss Feb 16, 2018 8:40am | Post# 10

{quote} i have looked there , but no clue about renko bars ?
You have do it yourself. You have a lot of info how renko bars are working and you have examples with MT5 custom symbols. You dont need more. Only time for do it

rockit Feb 16, 2018 8:42am | Post# 11

{quote} i have looked there , but no clue about renko bars ?
How about that: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1299
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/792

braintheboss Feb 16, 2018 8:44am | Post# 12

Touche...

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 8:51am | Post# 13

i have seen those and mentioned in the first post , there is indi for renko bars, the problem is it creates renko chart in
subwindow doesn't update in real time , its useless! we cant put stochastic macd or any other indictor .

braintheboss Feb 16, 2018 9:04am | Post# 14

{quote} i have seen those and mentioned in the first post , there is indi for renko bars, the problem is it creates renko chart in subwindow doesn't update in real time , its useless! we cant put stochastic macd or any other indictor .
Put an offer in freelance mql5 section. Taking that code somebody will add your requeriments without pay much I think...

rockit Feb 16, 2018 9:13am | Post# 15

{quote} i have seen those and mentioned in the first post , there is indi for renko bars, the problem is it creates renko chart in subwindow doesn't update in real time , its useless! we cant put stochastic macd or any other indictor .
Then put the indicator in the main window, make it update per tick. One can hide all elements of the chart. If you can code that is.

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 9:31am | Post# 16

{quote} Put an offer in freelance mql5 section. Taking that code somebody will add your requeriments without pay much I think...
its not about offer or not my requirement, many people need simple renko chart in mt5 when mt4 will not be there any more . my broker is now offering 65% spread cut in mt5 platform compared to mt4 , i am felling the heat of migration .

nahyan Feb 16, 2018 9:35am | Post# 17

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Then put the indicator in the main window, make it update per tick. One can hide all elements of the chart. If you can code that is.
we don't need those messy things , all we need is a simple working renko chart
Click to Enlarge

Name: renko.PNG
Size: 23 KB

COGnizant Mar 12, 2019 11:23am | Post# 18

Metatrader and their MT5 platform are piles of junk. To offer a supposed upgraded platform in this day and age WITHOUT having Renko bar capabilities native to the platform is unitelligence at an epic level. A 5 year child would see how obvious it is to make sure your upgraded platform have tick, range bar, and Renko charts as part of the platform. It would take anyone half intelligent to add that capability to the platform in one weekend of programming with a proper programming group.

On to the Strategy Tester in MT5! HILARIOUS pile of garbage at best. Can you add additional indicators to your Strategy Tester charts??? NO! Can you draw lines and make markings on your Strategy Tester charts when forward testing??? NO!

Metatrader...go back and fix your junk platforms or go home!

cTrader, NT8, and others are backhanded bitch slapping you in their capabilities!

Hutch May 13, 2019 4:11am | Post# 19

Metatrader and their MT5 platform are piles of junk. To offer a supposed upgraded platform in this day and age WITHOUT having Renko bar capabilities native to the platform is unitelligence at an epic level. A 5 year child would see how obvious it is to make sure your upgraded platform have tick, range bar, and Renko charts as part of the platform. It would take anyone half intelligent to add that capability to the platform in one weekend of programming with a proper programming group. On to the Strategy Tester in MT5! HILARIOUS pile of garbage at...
Calling MT5 a pile of junk is very insulting to junk since junk has an intelligence level way higher than MT5. I tried MT5 before and my analysis was that it lacked too many of the functionalities of MT4 to make it usable. I just received a message this morning from my secondary forex broker stating that it will now convert all MT4 accounts to MT5. The reasoning was that MT5 meets the latest technological standards, is more advanced and more user-friendly with improved features as compared to MT4. My quick reply to the broker was to close my account immediately

emmzett May 13, 2019 4:41am | Post# 20

...Calling MT5 a pile of junk is very insulting to junk since junk has an intelligence level way higher than MT5...

The only thing you can (and should) do with an MT5 account is... closing it.

© Forex Factory