Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Systems (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Trio Orchestra EA: A free - no expiry - little grid rider (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=736275)

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 3:06pm | Post# 1

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

this is a thread dedicated to a Grid EA that I was following on another thread. Unfortunately thread owner , seems to be hiding its final intentions to keep it free
for all here. There is always very short expiry dates (days) ...and with a grid , if you are catched in a pull-back while sleeping time , with no control on your trades ...well your account...just WAS.

I could find the mq4 file that originated the Pipbeast EA ...so I could rename Orchestra ..well TrioOrchestra now V1.0 till we further/tweak this amazing scalper.

I have still have to find a pal programmer to make some additions and mods such we can get full control of its behaviour ....adding settings , buttons , whatever
the suggestions come by to make this tool OURS ..and free ..always.

DISCLAIMER : PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE EA (here in the thread) ON REAL ACCOUNT TILL MAJOR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE
This is a Grid trader ,who likes ranging market, any consistent trend without retrace will
kill your account even with only one pair.

As per March 2nd,2018 I am only testing demo XBest V2.2 . But others more sofisticated Version havebeen published further in this thread.
Our 2 coders are Yamil and Rodolfo and are doing their best to implement an hedge function , that will be activated when account starts to entering in large DD.

I consider large DD on a grid somewhere @ 20/25% . I also recommend 50% equity protection ON. And only ONE trade per candle activated.
And also, if you see DD building up on a pair on the recomended TF15 minutes , start thinking in switching your TF to 30 min.
Name:  switch time frame button.png
Views: 36969
Size:  6 KB

For those in forums for few years , here or TSD or Indo ...you might recognize it under its disguise ... so , here we go :

Trio_Orchestra V1.0.mq4

Newer EA and settings available here.This is now being demo forward tested as in my TRADE EXPLORER.
All info here :
https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...6#post10865906

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 3:14pm | Post# 2

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: listen to market.png
Size: 30 KB

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 3:29pm | Post# 3

Settings.

t1=Global Setting
Account=1872377.0
Lots=0.01 =================== This is the Starting lot size
LotExponent=1.5 ================ This is will multiply your first and subsequent lots to build a grid 1.0 or a martingale 1.1 , 1.2 , 1.3 , etc....
MaxLots=5.0 ==================This is the maximum lot size this EA is able to open ...
MM=false
TakeProfit=30.0 =================This is the take profit for each trade if 1st trade goes on right direction.This is 3.0 pips = 30 pippettes
UseEquityStop=false ============== This will close all trades if set to true if equity reach a certain DD
TotalEquityRisk=20.0 ==============This will set the percentage of the equity at risk you can reduce to 10(%) so when DD= 10% it closes all trades
t2=Time Setting
CloseFriday=false ============= will close all trades on friday at selected hour below
CloseFridayHour=17
OpenMondey=true
OpenMondeyHour=0
t3=Setting for Solo Piano
MaxTrades_Hilo=10 =============Maximum positions EA will open
UseTrailingStop_Hilo=false =========not in use till we test or backtest trailing function
TrailStart_Hilo=10.0
TrailStop_Hilo=5.0
PipStep_Hilo=30.0
slip_Hilo=3.0
MagicNumber_Hilo=11111
t4=Setting for Solo Violin
MaxTrades_15=10
UseTrailingStop_15=false
TrailStart_15=10.0
TrailStop_15=5.0
PipStep_15=30.0
slip_15=3.0
G_magic_176_15=12324
t5=Setting for Solo Cello
MaxTrades_16=10
UseTrailingStop_16=false
TrailStart_16=10.0
TrailStop_16=5.0
PipStep_16=30.0
slip_16=3.0
G_magic_176_16=16794
KEY=

bmcgowra Feb 6, 2018 3:32pm | Post# 4

Hi there, the famous Ilan EA. I had the idea to programme a Hedge recovery function into it. Just so it doesnt blow the account.

hibra68 Feb 6, 2018 3:47pm | Post# 5

backtested from 2017-2018

the ea managed to lose 900 more than the deposit.

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 3:52pm | Post# 6

The EA is amazing, but has one major weakness. It can blow your account. So if we focus on the hedge recovery option it would become a good EA. Otherwise too much risk. Is there anyone who can program EA's that would like to help with this?
Hi BMC , welcome here ..this will be our EA , and yes , there is a lot of potential on this EA....so much to tweak. Start/Stop Hours , NEWS filter maybe to be added in future ...no more sell or buy when arriving at some S/R levels ... For me Forex all started in 2008 when viewing an add ...about a Night Scalper trading EURGBP, EURCHF and GPBCHF on Asian session ...I just jump on the train to get a Ferrari same as the guy that was offering us the good deal EA for 99$.... , then I spent month
trying to take control on BLESSING ea ( "old" thread lurkers know this one) ...

I have now just opened this thread and I will sure find some good hearted and skilled programmer ..( I know TWO here @ FF) ...

bmcgowra Feb 6, 2018 4:01pm | Post# 7

{quote} Hi BMC , welcome here ..this will be our EA , and yes , there is a lot of potential on this EA....so much to tweak. Start/Stop Hours , NEWS filter maybe to be added in future ...no more sell or buy when arriving at some S/R levels ... For me Forex all started in 2008 when viewing an add ...about a Night Scalper trading EURGBP, EURCHF and GPBCHF on Asian session ...I just jump on the train to get a Ferrari same as the guy that was offering us the good deal EA for 99$.... , then I spent month trying to take control on BLESSING ea ( "old" thread...
Well I wrote down some ideas on the hedge function, but would need some feedback and a programmer who would like to take the time to look at it. Will send it tomorrow.

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 4:01pm | Post# 8

backtested from 2017-2018 the ea managed to lose 900 more than the deposit.
Hi Hibra , yes. I agree with you ..I did backtested a few pairs ...even the AUDNZD ....I managed to find settings that do not blow the 3,000$ demo account...with a profit factor of 1,08 ...barely 10% annual return..lol. Are we here at Forex for 10% annually ? NO... We mostly are here to find eventually a revenue replacement if
"shit happens" and to try to pay the bills , rent , scholarships , etc.... and playing ...gambling and make money . Whatever strategy to reach this aim is just fine.

As the TrioOrchestra is right now ...it is for sure an account blower ...even one pair on 3k ...will blow our account eventually ...We all agree to this here ...let me share
below my approach ...

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 4:20pm | Post# 9

1 Attachment(s)
I remember the name Fapturbo ( the 99$ bot I purchased) a night scalper...my 1st EA (paid) ...6 others have followed since then.

This EA was to be traded during the Asian session ...from somewhere after NY close till 2-3 hours before Frankfurt or LO open.
So, I though that maybe I could give a try to these pairs :

USDCHF,GBPUSD,EURUSD,USDCAD,EURGBP,EURCHF,GBPCHF,EURCAD,CADCHF,GBPCAD ...which are all unlikely to suffer a big trend during Asian sessions
since at this time the movers would likely be AUD NZD JPY .... with news release .....during Asian session ...almost no move , quite flat on pairs USD GBP
CAD CHF EUR with al their crosses ....no speech , no news ...nothing.

As an example here CADCHF ...42 pips during asian session ....perfectly ranging ...this is what we need to look deeper to make a grid succesfull ..IMO.

Click to Enlarge

Name: CADCHF 42 pips.png
Size: 19 KB

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 4:30pm | Post# 10

1 Attachment(s)
With 3 pairs ...I managed to make 90$ monopoly money ...with 0,01 starting lots...GBPCHF, EURGBP, GBPCAD.....maximum was 4 levels ....low DD 2,3%...
Just my 1st night trying this strategy ...all red numbers in the report below are from another EA ...that I will soon drop.

Name:  trade report 1.png
Views: 44983
Size:  8 KB

when starting to bite a little on Frankfurt open ...I stopped the EA ...and closed all the trades with very small loss... maybe 4/5 $ .... I was done for the night..lol.

So, I invite you to share your results here ..if you decide to give a try to this strategy ..with the help of the Orchestra V.01.

After this I left the EA running on USDJPY and EURGBP all day long ...just for fun or build up some equity.

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 4:48pm | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
When backtesting this weekend...I mistakenly pressed somewhere on the chart and suddenly these common indicators just appeared. So , my guess is that the Trio
involve a combination of CCI with MACD onfirmation , STO + MACD confirmation , RSI + MACD ....but this is just a guess.As this is not a template I use.

Click to Enlarge

Name: trio strategy.png
Size: 49 KB

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 5:42pm | Post# 12

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, the famous Ilan EA. I had the idea to programme a Hedge recovery function into it. Just so it doesnt blow the account.

Something like this ??

RobotFX-Auto-Recovery-v3.91.ex4

Almuten Feb 6, 2018 6:21pm | Post# 13

Hi Stefdek,

First of all, thanks for making the code for this available. I was testing Pipbeast's EA over the last couple of weeks because I had never experienced an EA before. It's nice to be able to see the code behind it, as I'm not a fan of 'black boxes.'

I have some issue with getting the EA to take long positions though. Any idea why that might be? I tested it on 6 pairs but it will only take shorts. In the properties tab of the EA I selected both long & short trades, but it will only go to the short side.

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 6:33pm | Post# 14

Hi Stefdek, First of all, thanks for making the code for this available. I was testing Pipbeast's EA over the last couple of weeks because I had never experienced an EA before. It's nice to be able to see the code behind it, as I'm not a fan of 'black boxes.' I have some issue with getting the EA to take long positions though. Any idea why that might be? I tested it on 6 pairs but it will only take shorts. In the properties tab of the EA I selected both long & short trades, but it will only go to the short side.
Hi Al ,

just to be sure ...are you talking about Pipbeast ea or the one shared here ??

I am testing this EA on an Aussie broker which allow hedging ..with no issue.( take trades both buy and sell on the same pair ) ...US Brokers do not allow hedging , limit leverage to 1/50 ...and,US citizens, because of lobby in financial market are not allowed to open live account outside the US ...so foreign brokers can t accept them.

Is this your case ??

stefdek Feb 6, 2018 6:43pm | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
Click to Enlarge

Name: buysell.png
Size: 28 KB

As you can all see ..during Asian session, Bollinger Bands "squeeze" indicating a rather flat market ..the indi at the bottom is called bbsqueeze and obviously confirm this.Asian session has started ....

spreadbet Feb 6, 2018 6:44pm | Post# 16

Hey guys this thread is a great idea, but is this the same EA that pipbeast? Is the first pipbeast EA have a time trial? If not can somebody please upload it?

FerruFx Feb 6, 2018 6:46pm | Post# 17

I could find the mq4 file that originated the Pipbeast EA
This .mq4 isn't the original source code. That's an illegal pirated/decompiled file.

Almuten Feb 6, 2018 6:59pm | Post# 18

{quote} This .mq4 isn't the original source code. That's an illegal pirated/decompiled file.
Yeah...I was afraid of that.

Almuten Feb 6, 2018 7:00pm | Post# 19

{quote} Hi Al , just to be sure ...are you talking about Pipbeast ea or the one shared here ?? I am testing this EA on an Aussie broker which allow hedging ..with no issue.( take trades both buy and sell on the same pair ) ...US Brokers do not allow hedging , limit leverage to 1/50 ...and,US citizens, because of lobby in financial market are not allowed to open live account outside the US ...so foreign brokers can t accept them. Is this your case ??
Well, both actually. But the hedging makes sense. I'm in the U.S. so no hedging allowed here. Thanks for the speedy reply though.

Mr.123 Feb 6, 2018 7:51pm | Post# 20

5 Attachment(s)
@stefdek
You are the famous ILAN1.45, I have some adaptations and upgrades, the effect is not very good. For lack of a good idea.

ILAN is not a particularly good ideFour sets of indicators are used to filter, and if there is resonance, it will open the warehouse.
Four sets of indicators are used to filter, and if there is resonance, it will open the warehouse. If it is a tendency K, it will be very difficult to appear.
The following is my research and adaptation of ILAN. I hope you can study the adaptation and put forward some good Suggestions.

Thank you very much.
ILAN 改(5).mq4
1-IndoRun1.5.mq4
1-Ilan2.1byTarasov.mq4
Ilan-TrioKS v1.45.mq4
Ilan-1.8.mq4

© Forex Factory