Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Commercial Content (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   MC Fractal Studies (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=735433)

tunera Feb 3, 2018 7:28am | Post# 1

MC Fractal Studies

5 Attachment(s)
Hello, it's been a while since my last post!

Today i want to share with everybody a new "trading system" and indicators, that i have personally used for many years, for free!

The name is: MC Fractal Studies

The concept of these indicators is based on the Self Similarity concept, as wikipedia say:
In mathematics, a self-similar object is exactly or approximately similar to a part of itself (i.e. the whole has the same shape as one or more of the parts). Many objects in the real world, such as coastlines, are statistically self-similar: parts of them show the same statistical properties at many scales. Self-similarity is a typical property of fractals.

This self similarity concept (or as i call it, multi-fractal concept) is everywhere, and is present in financial charts as well!

MC Fractal Studies disassemble and organize charts information in order to identify all the various Waves on all the various scales that make up the typical market charts.

A typical chart looks like this:
Attachment 2660614

They are very useful for make good trading, and both universal trading styles can be applied:
- Trend Trading (with small stoplosses, and big profit targets)
- Counter Trend Trading (buy low, sell high)

On our website you can find more information about how to use them, as well as download them (always free and opensource) for various platforms:
Metatrader 4
Metatrader 5
NinjaTrader 7
NinjaTrader 8
SierraChart
TradingView
MultiCharts .NET

This thread is open for further discussions, requests, strategies, helping, and i hope we can have new ideas together, etc

To Mods:
Please don't move this thread to the commercial section, MC Fractal Studies are now Free and Opensource, nobody is selling nothing here! Thank you

MC Fractal Studies are Free and Opensource!
They will stay free and opensource forever, as well as any future version of them, improvements, contributions and other software based on the MC Fractal Method, will always stay free and opensource.

Attachment 2660635

They are released under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) 3.0, plus the "MC Additional Terms" (MCAT) as permitted by section 7/b of the AGPL 3.0.

More information at http://mcfractalstudies.com

In this post i am attaching the indicators for metatrader 4 and metatrader5 (sourcecode included), and a template (for metatrader 4 and metatrader 5, if you use the mt4 template on mt5, it will give problems!).
Also a few PDF (just small guides) that show about how to use them.

**edit: I forgot to mention, it is highly adviced to put max 5000 bars on chart, this is very important, otherwise the indicators can slowdown your computer (they are heavy on ram and cpu), and don't work correctly on MT5.
In metatrader you can do this by going to the menu' Tools>Options>Charts>Max bar in chart: "put 5000", then close and re-open your metatrader.
With max 5000 bars on charts, everything work smooth and nice
MC Fractal Studies - Low Risk - High Reward.pdf
MC Fractal Studies - Buy Low - Sell High.pdf
MC Fractal Studies - Understanding MultiFractal Geometry of charts.pdf

js497 Feb 3, 2018 7:58am | Post# 2

subscribed !

TheCrusade Feb 3, 2018 12:10pm | Post# 3

good on trending markets, but gives much false signals also.
i think its good for people who can make other systems work aswell

ozziedave Feb 3, 2018 9:00pm | Post# 4

Very interesting thread. This has always been an issue for trend trading finding something that you can place on one time frame chart that will show the multi time frame direction without flipping through all of the charts.

Will down load the indies and give them a go.

Erebus Feb 4, 2018 1:58am | Post# 5

Very interesting, I like fractals and breakouts.

The Template supplied give a different chart than shown for the trading in the video, it has no bars, what am I missing here?

Also, if I delete the MC Fractal Studies indicator, there are no red or green lines on the chart.

Thanks for sharing

FX Compass Feb 4, 2018 3:45am | Post# 6

Very interesting indi's. Thanks for posting tunera.

tradd Feb 4, 2018 4:08am | Post# 7

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Tunera;

I downloaded your MT5 indicator. But it doesn't look like your screenshots. Retrace histograms aren't negative. By the way, i watched your video and read pdf. Thanks for strategy.

Kind regards,
Click to Enlarge

Name: mc fractal screen.gif
Size: 10 KB

stoxos Feb 4, 2018 4:52am | Post# 8

I dont know if it works for you BUT MAN WHAT A GREAT CODING JOB you done. Very nice!

c0ldsun Feb 4, 2018 7:40am | Post# 9

Thanks for sharing. All indicators together provides too much informations for me, but the 3d on chart is very nice to identify the trends in trends.
I miss only the candle infomations like the wick. Keep it up!

Edit: for sure you can see entry and exit of a candle, but there are hard to identify.

tunera Feb 4, 2018 11:12am | Post# 10

3 Attachment(s)
Very interesting, I like fractals and breakouts. The Template supplied give a different chart than shown for the trading in the video, it has no bars, what am I missing here? Also, if I delete the MC Fractal Studies indicator, there are no red or green lines on the chart. Thanks for sharing
Hello, yes the template i shared is not the same on the video. On the video i use the OnChart indicators, sorry for the confusion!
Just use the template attached on this post (for MT4!).

Hello Tunera; I downloaded your MT5 indicator. But it doesn't look like your screenshots. Retrace histograms aren't negative. By the way, i watched your video and read pdf. Thanks for strategy. Kind regards,
Hey, yes in the "MC Fractal Studies" indicator for metatrader, there are all 4 indicators, you can select which one you want to use in the inputs (image attached!).
Attachment 2661369

While the indicators on chart, are "MC Fractal Studies Wave Structure On Chart".
The "MC 3D Chart" indicator is available only for metatrader4 and tradingview, i hadn't time to code it for other platforms.

Oh here is the template for Metatrader5 by the way!
templateforMT5.tpl
MC Fractal Studies - MT4.tpl

fx1990 Feb 4, 2018 11:44am | Post# 11

nice thread tunera why move commercial page?

tunera Feb 4, 2018 11:44am | Post# 12

I just added another pdf in the first post, "MC Fractal Studies - Understanding MultiFractal Geometry of charts", it can be helpful to understand the multifractal concept, hopefully!

tunera Feb 4, 2018 12:06pm | Post# 13

nice thread tunera why move commercial page?
I don't know, i've just contacted them asking for clarifications.

If this thread stay in commercial section it will die (nobody look the commercial section of this website), i don't know what's the problem in sharing new techniques and indicators (again, FREE and OPENSOURCE), maybe it's because they can really make people profitable.

I did my best to share my knowledge and systems with as many traders as possible, for free. And i hope FF moderators will re-think their choice, and allow all FF traders to benefit from this new trading style!

I'm not going to open new threads, if this thread remain in commercial section and you guys want to fight for freedom, you can open a new thread and re-share everything.

God bless you!

Wab Feb 4, 2018 3:20pm | Post# 14

Very interesting, I like fractals and breakouts. The Template supplied give a different chart than shown for the trading in the video, it has no bars, what am I missing here? Also, if I delete the MC Fractal Studies indicator, there are no red or green lines on the chart. Thanks for sharing
You can select chart on front from properties and the candles are visible. I see that it is answered already but that is one fix that I like.

Wab Feb 5, 2018 12:09am | Post# 15

1 Attachment(s)
We all customize our charts.

I have added a zigzag fractal indicator and Bill Williams fractals.
I have moved the chart to the front to display candles and also added a couple of the
"MC wave structure on chart" lines for support and resistance levels.

Just to be a pain I added a 5 34 5 MACD at the bottom and AO as well. Note how nicely the MACD confirms waves.
A busy chart but an evolving one.

So far so good. Now to sit down and practice and learn.

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM1 MC Fractals.jpg
Size: 204 KB

Himel Feb 10, 2018 2:14am | Post# 16

Thanks for sharin.

Waiting for update.

saklas Feb 11, 2018 5:20am | Post# 17

Very nice thread and superb coding skills.

tunera Feb 14, 2018 10:46am | Post# 18

1 Attachment(s)
Cute?

Click to Enlarge

Name: EURUSDM1.png
Size: 40 KB

andrea182 Jul 6, 2019 6:56am | Post# 19

Hi,

the site of mcfractalstudies seems unreachable, I'm really interested in this research, can you share with us the indicator?

Thanks,
Andrea182

c0ldsun Jul 8, 2019 9:01am | Post# 20

6 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Please find files attached.
Regards,
c0ldsun
MC Fractal Studies - 3D Chart.ex4
MC Fractal Studies - 3D Chart.mq4
MC Fractal Studies.ex4
MC Fractal Studies.mq4