Forex Factory (https://www.forexfactory.com/forum.php)
-   Trading Discussion (https://www.forexfactory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Can YOU make money as a trader? (https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=734507)

edlawill Mar 14, 2018 6:23am | Post# 841

{quote} agreed,good post... A newbie can startup and make a few good trades and win. Then they are confident they can trade but they cannot... a of of the wins are basically luck... They need to study the contradictions of the market.. example breakout/retrace for one....
Yes,you are right.Before stepping into the market one must be aware of the contradictions,as when you are dealing with anything dynamic like markets,it is easy in the beginning but it causes long term issues.

edlawill Mar 14, 2018 6:46am | Post# 842

{quote} How much time has to pass for a persons win to not be considered luck? I looked up the definition and time doesnt ever seem to be mentioned. I assume luck would be passed on randomly picking a direction and it turning out ypur way, but even the most experienced traders to do from time to time and who is to then say he or she is or isnt lucky.
I think luck has no relation with this,as the amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act..and also time can not be determined in making money as a trader as it is not always obligatory to do extraordinary things for getting extraordinary results.

garry30 Mar 15, 2018 7:22pm | Post# 843

I didn't quite get the point... Why antagonize people and then get in some sort of argument or discussion with them? Why visit the forum at all if you don't want to communicate?)

Flieldel Mar 29, 2018 1:30pm | Post# 844

Actually, the issue is not that you should not just make money, but to do it permanently, i. e. steadily. After all, even a freshman without experience and knowledge can make casual money on forex.

tabishmohmad Mar 29, 2018 2:41pm | Post# 845

Proper risk management and trading psychology is also very important if you want to be profitable over the long term. If you do not manage risk properly or too greedy you will gain nothing but loose it all eventually. Consistency is the name of the game. Have a plan and follow it strictly!

AlastorFate Apr 1, 2018 6:45pm | Post# 846

I make money when I don't trade.

goose4 Apr 1, 2018 6:48pm | Post# 847

I make money when I don't trade.

Dont you think its possible to earn a living day trading forex ?

Maybe finding the many system on this forum would help ?

newbegger May 3, 2018 12:39pm | Post# 848

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...10722665#reply

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...10722806#reply

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...10723005#reply

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthr...10724289#reply

kain775 May 6, 2018 6:15am | Post# 849

I don't believe Mingary trades. When he did trade he lost. I think from what he has said this was a long time ago. He has not to my knowledge added anything to discussions on trading. In view of all this I don't believe there can be any benefit in reading his posts. I've put him on Ignore.

The guy is honestly the most negative person I have ever encountered

He is so persistent and relentless with his spiel that I sometimes wonder if he's getting paid by somebody, like it's his fulltime job to shitpost on here or something

every single post the guy makes he's moaning about forex, saying it's a big con/waste of time/you can never win ..or whatever

For someone who dislikes forex so much he sure spends a lot of time posting here.
God knows how he got a red symbol next to his name, I guess there's a decent sized market out there for wallowing in negativity

MariaEduard May 6, 2018 6:38am | Post# 850

{quote} Dont you think its possible to earn a living day trading forex ? Maybe finding the many system on this forum would help ?
Yes, you can work with multiple trading systems, but you have to learn the technical & fundamental analysis with the details. Please, donít try to trade here only based on technical tools, itís not a smart decision. Besides, yes itís very much possible to make regular money here! But, you have to make sure your trading skill first.

JohnyIve89 May 8, 2018 11:20am | Post# 851

I've read the prevalent count of comments here.. there is a lot of pro traders who really can multiply their invests but i'm really sure that your success depends of broker you chose in any case. Conditions, withdrawals, CS, regulations. All these things may influe to your success.

AdamCrist May 9, 2018 10:19am | Post# 852

Proper risk management and trading psychology is also very important if you want to be profitable over the long term. If you do not manage risk properly or too greedy you will gain nothing but loose it all eventually. Consistency is the name of the game. Have a plan and follow it strictly!

Completely agree, there is nothing 100% in here , so managing the risk ratio is the foremost task from all, and trading psychology how much mature to predict the market its completely depend on your practice session.

AgusKurniaw May 21, 2018 5:07pm | Post# 853

Yes possible. But the question can you be a professional. Unrealistic expectation added with possible least time cause a lot of problems. Being professional is not that easy. Most people behave unprofessionally. Within few days or months they want to make their capital double in possible least time. If you can make yourself professional you can make money.

VEEFX Jun 11, 2018 4:07pm | Post# 854

{quote} Max profit/Max DD* Only half of the most important information.
Correction is warranted here bro. I am sure you know this but for others....

It is not "Max profit" but %Return on investment over %Max DD.

I.e. %Annual Returns over %Max DD or RoMAD or %MAR. Max. Drawdown must be measured from peak to trough equity and not balance curve during the accounting period of last 12 monrhs and over the life of the account history. This is the only true measure of long term profitability performance.

I like the time and risk weighted return measure also as they reflect transparency but they could also be manipulated by "smart trading alogs) to offer the best "return over time".

Rest all trading system "stats" on myFXbook or TE are good for reference or "supporting evidence" only but not completely reliable on their own. Only ROMAD is reliable on it's own footing as a independent measure of performance for an unsavvy investor.

I would not even spent more than 2 seconds on a strategy unless ROMAD is at least 3 times the max DD. Example: annual profit of at least 75% if max DD is 25%

Now, if annual profit from FX is under 35-40%, I would discourage anyone to invest in spot FX strategy. The risk exposure is too high compared to simply doing dollar-cost averaging in Dow or SNP with relatively zero risk to investment capital.

satish37 Jun 12, 2018 1:16am | Post# 855

1 Attachment(s)
It depend on you as a investor you can , but as a scalping rare chance for very few , its design is not for short term but as business who has money can make easily. this chart will tell every thing about market if u can understand it ,
Click to Enlarge

Name: usdcad-m-w1-roboforex-cy-ltd.png
Size: 31 KB

divyanshisha Jun 12, 2018 4:57am | Post# 856

Ofcourse! anyone can make money in trading but there are some BIG points you have to remember.
Never Ever think of just making money, this will make you looser end od the day.
DO honest research on stocks.
Avoid greedy behavior.

AgusKurniaw Jun 20, 2018 8:17pm | Post# 857

Yes. Both money management and trading psychology are key to success in forex trading. A person will fail with a good strategy if he/she ignores the importance of money management and trading psychology. It has been said that trading is 90% psychological. And it's true.

Pro.yingYang Jun 24, 2018 5:58am | Post# 858

Yes.. A trader can make money and lose money.
How much profit and loss is enough for a trader
Is another debate.

dukas_trader Jun 24, 2018 9:33am | Post# 859

Ofcourse! anyone can make money in trading but there are some BIG points you have to remember. Never Ever think of just making money, this will make you looser end od the day. DO honest research on stocks. Avoid greedy behavior.
as long 80-99% lose some can make money. anyone is not possible same time, many have to lose for let some winners happen.

LorraineMor Jun 25, 2018 2:58am | Post# 860

Traders have diverse options regarding investment horizon. And traders are making investment in the forex market according to their own planning. But to earn money like a full professional trader is not actually easy. Traders need to go through a good deal of mind war due to uncertain and impulsive nature of the forex market. We have to deal the riskiness of the forex market with the proper use of various risk management tools.

© Forex Factory